Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    maskedcarrot's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    I came from a 6s Plus and never had an issue with Apple Pay. It worked great all the time. But since getting the 7 Plus, it's been really flaky and hardly works at all.

    It's a long story, and I have a thread on MacRumors if anyone would like to check it out first.

    Apple Pay acting flaky on 7 Plus. | MacRumors Forums

    Please give any input after reading that thread on your experiences with Apple Pay on your 7 Plus.

    If it still gives me issues again tomorrow, I'm going to demand a replacement at the Genius Bar.
  2. #2  
    firstborn80's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    316 Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    I haven't used it on my 7 plus yet, but I'll try it tomorrow and report back. I actually use it on my watch more than my phone, even when I had my 6s plus.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    You know, I haven't used Apple Pay on my 7. I always use my Apple Watch. I will give it a go next time to see if I run into the same issue.
  4. #4  
    ivantwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    2,341 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,213 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Thus far it works fine for me. I used it at Panera the other day...
  5. #5  
    AugustVance's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    I wish my bank offered Apple Pay. No plans to at all. That's coming from a VP. So the wife and I are looking at switching banks. Wish I was talking about a small bank, but it is a state wide bank with tons of branches. Probably the biggest in state bank in Oklahoma.
  6. #6  
    lv1
    lv1 is offline
    lv1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by maskedcarrot View Post
    I came from a 6s Plus and never had an issue with Apple Pay. It worked great all the time. But since getting the 7 Plus, it's been really flaky and hardly works at all.

    It's a long story, and I have a thread on MacRumors if anyone would like to check it out first.

    Apple Pay acting flaky on 7 Plus. | MacRumors Forums

    Please give any input after reading that thread on your experiences with Apple Pay on your 7 Plus.

    If it still gives me issues again tomorrow, I'm going to demand a replacement at the Genius Bar.
    No problem for me. Used it several times already.
  7. #7  
    Hansana's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    322 Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Same here. Used it a few times here in Australia. No problems.
  8. #8  
    taeisme's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Not at all. Went to Trader Joe's today and used Apple Pay with no problem
  9. #9  
    firstborn80's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    316 Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by firstborn80 View Post
    I haven't used it on my 7 plus yet, but I'll try it tomorrow and report back. I actually use it on my watch more than my phone, even when I had my 6s plus.
    Nope, no problem using it today.
  10. #10  
    BenitoC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    376 Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    I've been using Apple Pay on my iPhone 7 Plus and having no problems at all. I'm enjoying the fact that it is faster on this phone than it was on my iPhone 6.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    maskedcarrot's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Well I got the phone swapped out yesterday, and I tried Apple Pay at my usual grocery store today and it worked fine on the first try.

    So it appears that it was a faulty NFC chip or NFC Antenna. But then again I only used it once today, but I have a feeling that the problem is solved now.

    Thanks for all the feedback.
  12. #12  
    edswife1970's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    118 Posts

    Default Re: Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustVance View Post
    I wish my bank offered Apple Pay. No plans to at all. That's coming from a VP. So the wife and I are looking at switching banks. Wish I was talking about a small bank, but it is a state wide bank with tons of branches. Probably the biggest in state bank in Oklahoma.
    Know what you mean! My bank didn't offer Apple Pay either, so I opened up an account at a new bank just for using Apple Pay!! It is so much fun to use and see the surprise and wonder on other people's faces (I use AP on my Apple watch).

Similar Threads

  1. What Is Backed Up On iCloud
    By roystreet in forum iCloud
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 08:47 PM
  2. In iOS 10, how do you hang up a call with the power button?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 05:45 PM
  3. i HAVE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY CARD
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 05:04 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 04:34 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions