No AppleCare in Florida

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
So I have been trying to purchase AppleCare this morning, finally got through to someone at Apple and they said Florida Law prevented them from selling it over the phone. But when I look at the terms and conditions....

"9 Other Provisionsa Apple may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties.b For U.S. and Canada, telephone and web-based support resources under this Plan will beprovided in English only.c This Plan is offered and valid only in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, Brazil, and Mexico. This Plan is not valid in any other country or U.S. territory. This Plan is not available for Florida consumers or where prohibited by law."

Any other decent insurance plans.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
They did say I could buy it I the store, but the terms and conditions say the plan is not available in Florida.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They did say I could buy it I the store, but the terms and conditions say the plan is not available in Florida.

" If these terms are inconsistent with the laws of any jurisdiction where you purchase this Plan, including the laws of Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming, then the laws of that jurisdiction will control."

"Florida Residents. If you purchased the Plan in this state, this term applies to the Plan.

The laws of the State of Florida will govern this Plan and any dispute arising under it. The rate that is charged for this Plan is not subject to regulation by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. No cancellation fee will be imposed in the event of a cancellation."

Source: https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs/applecareplusnaen.html#mn_p

That does not state that Apple Care Plus is unavailable in Florida.

Last edited:

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
It absolutely avliable in Florida. You just have to buy "the box" that has the paperwork in it, of you don't purchase it with the phone at time of purchase

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Finally!!

OK I ended up having to be routed to another department, which I guess the first rep was to lazy to find out about. They CANNOT sell Applecare+ over the phone or online in the State of Florida. You have to buy it from the store or you have to buy it from someone that is licensed to sell it. I am guessing they have to be licensed to sell insurance? maybe. This has nothing to do with Apple, this is Florida Law.

At any rate the rep I spoke to this morning was like a dog with a bone and refused to give up on the sale, she tried 5 or 6 different things and then put me on hold for a few minutes while she researched the issue further and then got me to the right department. The guy I talked to told me about the licensing issue and got me set up. The first rep had already run the diagnostic so all he had to do was send me a link to purchase the applecare+ and now I am covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2