Nicked my mute switch... what to do

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Geez people. When phones are returned, they are looked over. If Verizon chooses to accept it, then fine by the poster to exchange. So nothing wrong with exchanging for a bigger size if Verizon chooses to accept the phone in its current condition.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Chances are pretty good that Verizon will just exchange it anyway, even with a barely noticeable nick on it. If it was a cracked screen, that would be different. For something that small though they will likely exchange it. In their view (I have an idea anyway, having worked in sales/retail for a while) they would rather exchange it and lose a little money on it while keeping a customer that will likely make it up and then some over the course of time that they are with them so really they come out ahead anyway.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Chances are pretty good that Verizon will just exchange it anyway, even with a barely noticeable nick on it. If it was a cracked screen, that would be different. For something that small though they will likely exchange it. In their view (I have an idea anyway, having worked in sales/retail for a while) they would rather exchange it and lose a little money on it while keeping a customer that will likely make it up and then some over the course of time that they are with them so really they come out ahead anyway.

I agree. I don't see a problem them swapping the phone that has a nick.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of flack for simply attempting to exchange a phone. There is no scam. When the phone is taken into the store they look over the device. They can make the determination if they accept it or not. There will be no charges on the back end so long as the phone was received by the store.

This isn't a scam. People do it all the time. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. The final say is on the store you take it to.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Respectively, I just don't agree. I think the main reason this rubs me the wrong way is the OP's attitude about it. Had the OP said they wanted a larger capacity phone but they had somehow nicked the their current one and was asking if Verizon is going to notice, then I would have no issue with it at all. Bragging about finding a way to exchange the phone because of a superficial nick just seems "scammy" to me. To each their own I suppose.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Respectively, I just don't agree. I think the main reason this rubs me the wrong way is the OP's attitude about it. Had the OP said they wanted a larger capacity phone but they had somehow nicked the their current one and was asking if Verizon is going to notice, then I would have no issue with it at all. Bragging about finding a way to exchange the phone because of a superficial nick just seems "scammy" to me. To each their own I suppose.

Not sure why you are getting worked up over something that's not your problem. If Verizon is willing to accept the phone back and let them swap for a different storage, then so be it. Take a chill pill.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why you are getting worked up over something that's not your problem. If Verizon is willing to accept the phone back and let them swap for a different storage, then so be it. Take a chill pill.

Not worked up at all. Just as you and a few others have, I am entitled to share my opinion on the subject. Moving on...

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh god give me a break. Verizon rips people off every day with their outrageous pricing plans (as well as the other carriers). They nickel and dime people every day. OP I'd try to return it and if they accept it it's their fault for not inspecting it close enough.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh god give me a break. Verizon rips people off every day with their outrageous pricing plans (as well as the other carriers). They nickel and dime people every day. OP I'd try to return it and if they accept it it's their fault for not inspecting it close enough.

I never understood the "They do bad things, so I can do bad things" theory. A constant battle of people trying to "screw" each other over more and more. Sad.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I never understood the "They do bad things, so I can do bad things" theory. A constant battle of people trying to "screw" each other over more and more. Sad.

I get what you are saying, I just disagree with your opinion here. Verizon won't lose money on this so they aren't being screwed over.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I get what you are saying, I just disagree with your opinion here. Verizon won't lose money on this so they aren't being screwed over.

Exactly. If it's in acceptable condition for an exchange, then so be it. It's up to Verizon to say yes or no. Vzn doesn't lose anything and also they collect the restocking fee.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. If it's in acceptable condition for an exchange, then so be it. It's up to Verizon to say yes or no. Vzn doesn't lose anything and also they collect the restocking fee.

Acceptable condition is fine, however @donnation said clearly that he feels Verizon and the other carriers are screwing people over, so it's fine to screw them over. One thing for them to accept it back if they see the condition. Another is to go at it with the "they deserve it" mentality. Again, just me... Karma and such.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Acceptable condition is fine, however @donnation said clearly that he feels Verizon and the other carriers are screwing people over, so it's fine to screw them over. One thing for them to accept it back if they see the condition. Another is to go at it with the "they deserve it" mentality. Again, just me... Karma and such.

And most times a nick is going to be acceptable condition if that's what it is. I doubt Verizon would turn it away on an exchange. A dent? Different story.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Lol yeah that's what I said.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice