Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hughey79
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Hughey79's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Rebooting Question/Issue

    A few times since I have got the new phone my phone will go to a black screen out of randomness with the small circle lines that spin then it resets or re-starts. It does not get to the Apple logo like a hard reboot. I have been googling this and seeing many are having the full hard random reboot but mine doesn't seem that way but close.

    Any ideas?
    rvpartsguy#WN likes this.
  2. #2  
    rvpartsguy#WN's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Default Re: Rebooting Question/Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughey79 View Post
    A few times since I have got the new phone my phone will go to a black screen out of randomness with the small circle lines that spin then it resets or re-starts. It does not get to the Apple logo like a hard reboot. I have been googling this and seeing many are having the full hard random reboot but mine doesn't seem that way but close.

    Any ideas?
    Mine has started doing this also, not sure why though
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Hughey79's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Rebooting Question/Issue

    Just asked a friend who got his phone same specs as mine if he has had any issues and he did today when attempting to use the camera. Took the shot but it didn't save either.
  4. #4  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Rebooting Question/Issue

    My iPad Air 2 has been doing this. Often when I am seconds from finishing a crossword puzzle, and then it's all gone .. just timing I guess. I can't figure out why this is happening?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Rebooting Question/Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughey79 View Post
    A few times since I have got the new phone my phone will go to a black screen out of randomness with the small circle lines that spin then it resets or re-starts. It does not get to the Apple logo like a hard reboot. I have been googling this and seeing many are having the full hard random reboot but mine doesn't seem that way but close.

    Any ideas?
    Is this a new phone, or was it used? If it's used, the problem might be the battery. How old is the phone? Which iPhone is it? Does it need charging?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Rebooting Question/Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughey79 View Post
    Just asked a friend who got his phone same specs as mine if he has had any issues and he did today when attempting to use the camera. Took the shot but it didn't save either.
    Tell him to try a hard reset.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

    If that doesn't work, tell him to try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Hughey79's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: Rebooting Question/Issue

    Brand new. 7 plus 128gb. Nope running anywhere from 70-90%. I have yet to run it down to 30% in a day since I got it on the 16th
  8. #8  

    Default Rebooting Question/Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughey79 View Post
    Brand new. 7 plus 128gb. Nope running anywhere from 70-90%. I have yet to run it down to 30% in a day since I got it on the 16th
    Sometimes phones just need a reset of some kind. Even new phones. When I got my 6s Plus last year, on the 2nd or 3rd day I had to restore as new. I had set it up with the back up of my old iPhone 5. Mistake. Many problems. After restoring as new it was fine. A full restore as new should be the last resort.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2016, 01:58 PM
  2. My few issues with iOS
    By raist3001 in forum iOS 10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 08:38 AM
  3. Ram issues?
    By JB184351 in forum macOS Sierra
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 11:41 AM
  4. Follow up Question about removing Wallpaper on MacBook
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2016, 12:44 AM
  5. A few questions to owners of the IPhone 7
    By iPerry7 in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions