Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Default Re: Best "Show off case" for Jet black??!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmorton0573 View Post
    I have a bestskinsever gloss "naked" skin on the back of my JB 7+ and one of the cases I purchased still does that

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...249674fb97.jpg
    I've never been a fan of clear cases personally. This is partly the reason. And they always look cheap to me.
    sangs and eyecrispy like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    I'd imagine the phone must go through more than hands to scratch easily. Pockets, purses, surfaces and other factors could play an important role as well.
    Of course and over time it will get scratched, but 3 weeks in a store with a millions hands on it is a good idea of the phones scratch worthiness

Quote Originally Posted by Michial Brown View Post
    I picked up a black Apple leather case for my matte black Plus. So perfect. I also will take delivery on the black Rhinoshield Crashguard tomorrow.

iPhone 7 Plus Case - RhinoShield [CrashGuard] Bumper [11 Ft Drop Tested] No Bulk [ShockSpread Technology] Thin Lightweight Protection - Slim Rugged Cover [Black] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LEK876S...mUvbUpU2826563

Curious how you like it. I just ordered the black
    robertk328 and arftech like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    Of course and over time it will get scratched, but 3 weeks in a store with a millions hands on it is a good idea of the phones scratch worthiness
    I'd personally disagree with that. Jeans are far harder on a phones casing than our hands. In and out of pants pockets, rubbing against lint while in those pockets or in and out of a purse is a more accurate test than a phone sitting on a display all day simply being touched. Just my opinion though. We've seen pictures of the Jet Black already scratched.

Not to mention, like another post stated, once these phones show signs of damage, they are replaced. There's no way you know for sure if that's even the same phone that started out on that display.
    rudyalexc likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I'll post about it when the mail comes. I'm still shocked the USPS delivers on Sundays.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    7,286 Global Posts

Beyond the so called scratch-ability of the jet black, I more had an issue with the fingerprint smudges. The Matte Black stays clean looking and I used the Jet Black for 3 days before returning it and was constantly wiping off the back of the phone because of the massive amounts of smudges that were gathering on the phone. While Bestskinsever cures this to a degree, I was just more partial to the Matte.
    violetjune likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donnation View Post
    Beyond the so called scratch-ability of the jet black, I more had an issue with the fingerprint smudges. The Matte Black stays clean looking and I used the Jet Black for 3 days before returning it and was constantly wiping off the back of the phone because of the massive amounts of smudges that were gathering on the phone. While Bestskinsever cures this to a degree, I was just more partial to the Matte.
    The Matte is exquisite. Looks better than the JB and needs less TLC.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

I have two cases I'm using now. The Otterbox Symmetry Clear, and the Product Red  leather case. Although the Symmetry is clear it is not crystal clear. The back has a tent to it I'm assuming for the UV protection the phone looks good in the case, but it does take away that polished look. I picked up the Product Red leather case today. I didn't think I would want to cover my phone with an  case. However, I tried it on at the store and the red on Jet Black looks really sweet.
    See, there is just something about the Product Red Leather Case that makes the Jet Black 7 Plus pop.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

See, there is just something about the Product Red Leather Case that makes the Jet Black 7 Plus pop.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...24b18bd22a.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...6fb0c47519.jpg
    I like the product red silicone case more than the leather. The red leather doesn't age well imho, otherwise it's great. The silicone continues to look new and red with age. The leather gets dirty and gross looking imo. Some like it but it the patinas look better on the saddle brown. The black leather ages best. Silicone isn't as nice as leather but it looks new much longer. But to each their own. Enjoy.
    queenren and ajb1965 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

I like the product red silicone case more than the leather. The red leather doesn't age well imho, otherwise it's great. The silicone continues to look new and red with age. The leather gets dirty and gross looking imo. Some like it but it the patinas look better on the saddle brown. The black leather ages best. Silicone isn't as nice as leather but it looks new much longer. But to each their own. Enjoy.
    Agree totally on the leather, it starts off great but doesn't last. I got the black silicone to match my Gold 7+ and it looks great. I may get the dark blue also. got to keep it fresh
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I got my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black) phone last week.

I had already planned of not using a case. Just like when I used my iPhone 6 Plus 128gb and iPhone 6s Plus 128gb. Never used a case.

On the very first day I installed the Armorz glass screen protector for the front and the back I had installed a clear 3M film protection (full body). The 3M film will protect the phone from scratches. No need to get stressed when using the phone and also can show off the jet black look.

Here is the front of my phone with the Armorz glass screen protector

Back of my Jet Black phone with the 3M film installed

I have these pouches to carry my phone

SF Bags Suede sleeve

Joli Originals and Snugg Leather pouches

I also got Apple Care+ for my phone.
    nokia4life and firedept10 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,599 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MCube74 View Post
    I got my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black) phone last week.

I had already planned of not using a case. Just like when I used my iPhone 6 Plus 128gb and iPhone 6s Plus 128gb. Never used a case.

On the very first day I installed the Armorz glass screen protector for the front and the back I had installed a clear 3M film protection (full body). The 3M film will protect the phone from scratches. No need to get stressed when using the phone and also can show off the jet black look.

Here is the front of my phone with the Armorz glass screen protector

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...psnv2lxlqu.jpg

Back of my Jet Black phone with the 3M film installed

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...pshaeatj0q.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...pse7t6kjgr.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...psnq4kdkni.jpg

I have these pouches to carry my phone

SF Bags Suede sleeve
    http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...pspkpu37q2.jpg

Joli Originals and Snugg Leather pouches

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...psb2aezad1.jpg

I also got Apple Care+ for my phone.
    Looks great once my JetBlack 7 plus is delivered in 5 weeks I will definitely go with how you set yours up good looking out.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP1 View Post
    Agree totally on the leather, it starts off great but doesn't last. I got the black silicone to match my Gold 7+ and it looks great. I may get the dark blue also. got to keep it fresh
    I also have the Product Red Leather case on one of My iPads my son is using. Honestly I like the way it ages. To me the worn aged leather look is great. That's why I'm glad there are so many case selections. Every one can get that look they're shooting for.
    RobertP1 and nikkisharif like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,561 Global Posts

It doesn't fully show the phone but I like how the jet black can still be seen on the bottom. This is my set up.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,845 Global Posts

Precisely my point, thank you

I'll post about it when the mail comes. I'm still shocked the USPS delivers on Sundays.
    So what do you think of it?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    So what do you think of it?
    Thanks for the reminder. It's nice. The color matches the matte black but it's just too wide for me. It must add over a half inch at least to the width. The sides are not snug enough either in my opinion. The phone should be protected well but it looks like a tire is attached around the phone. I'll stick with the black Apple leather case.

Thanks for the reminder. It's nice. The color matches the matte black but it's just too wide for me. It must add over a half inch at least to the width. The sides are not snug enough either in my opinion. The phone should be protected well but it looks like a tire is attached around the phone. I'll stick with the black Apple leather case.
    Thanks! Sorry you didn't like it. I just can't wait to order my phone lol. I'll just keep buying cases to compensate
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Thanks! Sorry you didn't like it. I just can't wait to order my phone lol. I'll just keep buying cases to compensate
    The more cases I try the more I appreciate the leather and silicone Apple cases.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Apple cases are good but you can't use edge to edge full screen protectors with them. Many that do work start to show air bubbles on the sides, which is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...16bedd31ee.jpg

It doesn't fully show the phone but I like how the jet black can still be seen on the bottom. This is my set up.
    that blue looks good on the black!
    Garz likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

The matte is really beautiful. The Rhinoshield is quite nice, protecting the phone yet allowing you to touch the front and back of it and allow the phone to be uncovered is great. I'm passing on the screen protectors. I've never used one from the 3GS forward.
    I too am enjoying the bumper on my matte black plus....I might pick up a black Apple leather case to switch back and forth on, but I did drop my phone to fast and the rhinoshield protected as advertised
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,561 Global Posts

Or how about the best way to show off your jet black? Nude
    jayk82 and RobertP1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Eek! Needs a crystal skin or something on there. lol
    The 3GS had that shiny black as well, those were the days people beat that thing up.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Eek! Needs a crystal skin or something on there. lol
    The 3GS had that shiny black as well, those were the days people beat that thing up.
    No micro abrasions yet. Also went nude the first day when I did have a case yet. If it does, oh well. It's just a phone. I have AC+ so if I gets bad when I go to sell it next year, I'll put a claim on it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast