First Day With iPhone 7 Plus Thoughts

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Today was my first full day with the 7 Plus. The battery life was impressive. I am still having a hard time adjusting to the new home button. During set-up when it asked me which home button setting I preferred, I legitimately couldn't tell the difference between the three options.

My biggest issue is the idle lock screen. On my old 6 Plus, I didn't use Touch ID or a password. I prefer to be able to quickly get into what I need to without the extra step. In the 7 Plus with the new OS, I can't figure out how to turn this setting off. I keep have to push the home button to get back into it.

The photo quality is significantly better. I took photos with my old 6 Plus and my new 7 Plus and the difference is remarkable.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
You can turn off having to push the home button in the settings menu. Settings General. Accessibility , home button. I find using finger print is much easier since all you have to do is lift the phone up and it wakes up and my thumb is already on the home button.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I found that the setting 2 for the button in terms of taptic feedback most mimicked the original mechanical button on my old iPhone 6. Good luck with the new 7+.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the Taptic setting on 3 and prefer the feedback I get from that. Honestly, I far prefer the taptic home button to the old mechanical one.

On my iPhone 6 under iOS10, after about three hours of being off charge, my phone would be in the mid 80% or so. With the 7 plus, I am still at 100% with round about the same usage (light). The battery life is boggling me, it's so good. Last night, I used my phone pretty constantly for about three hours. This was in a bad signal area too. I went into this on 80% and came out on 58%. Long may this continue.

Stone Cold RN

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I love it. Coming from a 6s, the size is taking a bit to get used too. However, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Awesome all the way around. I really don't miss the headphone jack or the physical button.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
After the first day of my 7 Plus I have been enjoying a few things. I like the Haptic Home Button. Did not take but a few times to get use to it as I own an Watch. Love the camera. Images are far superior to my old 6. Really liking the Plus size, especially coming from the 6. I am thoroughly enjoying it.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Another question... I have been reading a lot about the photo blur feature in portrait mode

I can't seem to find the portrait mode when I have the camera open. I have the latest OS update but everything I see says I should be able to turn the portrait mode on to achieve the effect. Anyone?

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Another question... I have been reading a lot about the photo blur feature in portrait mode

I can't seem to find the portrait mode when I have the camera open. I have the latest OS update but everything I see says I should be able to turn the portrait mode on to achieve the effect. Anyone?

Portrait mode is in iOS 10.1 which is currently in BETA but will be released I'd assume within the next few weeks if not sooner.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Also, the latest official iOS version is 10.0.2 so you have the option to update to that in the meantime. Solves some bugs like headphones audio controls not working after a while, photos bugs, and solves some issues regarding app extensions.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Less than a day in with my JB 7 Plus, and although I previously had an iPhone 6s Plus with its' force touch, the new Taptic Engine of the 7 Plus has surprised me a little bit... I knew about the primary use of it for the implementation of the Home button, but was unaware of it being used for other parts of the UX. I was in Safari on a page that had a scrollable list for making a selection, and as I was scrolling through the list, there was a slight haptic feedback response for each choice that scrolled by. Nothing earth shattering I know, lol, but it was something I wasn't aware of/expecting (I didn't watch the keynote, so I'm not sure if it was discussed in terms of expanded use in the UX, or in games, for instance)... Not sure how I feel about that yet, I'll have to play around with it some more.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a windows and Android I've been loving it. 80%+ of what I do I do from the widget screen and for everything else...well there's an app for it. I did compare OZ (that new game) to my QHD LGV10 and the iPhone image quality blows the LG out of the water.

I'm a tech lover in general and I wont say I'm iPhone for life, but for now I'm having a good time learning all the gestures and different menu settings. Oh and I never was a heavy cloud user until now. Not using iCloud, but having my images and music a button click away on any device I happen to be using has been very nice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a windows and Android I've been loving it. 80%+ of what I do I do from the widget screen and for everything else...well there's an app for it. I did compare OZ (that new game) to my QHD LGV10 and the iPhone image quality blows the LG out of the water.

I'm a tech lover in general and I wont say I'm iPhone for life, but for now I'm having a good time learning all the gestures and different menu settings. Oh and I never was a heavy cloud user until now. Not using iCloud, but having my images and music a button click away on any device I happen to be using has been very nice.

Well stated, and I'm glad you're enjoying your new iPhone. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro