How exactly do you use headphones with a 3.5mm jack and inline mic with this phone?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thoughts and options? The included adapter does not work with inline controls, and it does not support inline mic. Any help is appreciated!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts and options? The included adapter does not work with inline controls, and it does not support inline mic. Any help is appreciated!

Really? I'm currently listening to SiriusXM Radio on my 7 Plus with a pair of HTC One headphones using the 3.5 adaptor provided by Apple. I'm able to pause and play using the button on the headphone controls. I admittedly haven't tried phone calls to know if the mic works or not.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
What headphone brand/model are you using? I'm thinking you are using a third party that may not be MFI certified because my Apple 3.5 headphone work fine with the dongle

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hmm...maybe I should go try this again (this was a pre-sale question). A dud cable perhaps or something? I am going to visit my local store again. Thanks for the reports everyone. Hope you're right!

Really? I'm currently listening to SiriusXM Radio on my 7 Plus with a pair of HTC One headphones using the 3.5 adaptor provided by Apple. I'm able to pause and play using the button on the headphone controls. I admittedly haven't tried phone calls to know if the mic works or not.
Can you try the inline mic and post back?