Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,888 Global Posts

Default How exactly do you use headphones with a 3.5mm jack and inline mic with this phone?

Thoughts and options? The included adapter does not work with inline controls, and it does not support inline mic. Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: How exactly do you use headphones with a 3.5mm jack and inline mic with this phone?

Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    Thoughts and options? The included adapter does not work with inline controls, and it does not support inline mic. Any help is appreciated!
    Really? I'm currently listening to SiriusXM Radio on my 7 Plus with a pair of HTC One headphones using the 3.5 adaptor provided by Apple. I'm able to pause and play using the button on the headphone controls. I admittedly haven't tried phone calls to know if the mic works or not.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Default Re: How exactly do you use headphones with a 3.5mm jack and inline mic with this phone?

Jup, my controls work as well!
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts

What headphone brand/model are you using? I'm thinking you are using a third party that may not be MFI certified because my Apple 3.5 headphone work fine with the dongle
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,888 Global Posts

Hmm...maybe I should go try this again (this was a pre-sale question). A dud cable perhaps or something? I am going to visit my local store again. Thanks for the reports everyone. Hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    Really? I'm currently listening to SiriusXM Radio on my 7 Plus with a pair of HTC One headphones using the 3.5 adaptor provided by Apple. I'm able to pause and play using the button on the headphone controls. I admittedly haven't tried phone calls to know if the mic works or not.
    Can you try the inline mic and post back?