Poor Signal

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting horrible signal on their 7 Plus?

I am on Verizon and came from a 6s Plus and now using a 7 Plus (JB 256GB) - signal is not as good and switches back and forth between LTE and 3G.. sometimes 1x.

My boss has AT&T and came from a 6 Plus and now using a 7 Plus (B 128GB) - his signal is horrible as well.

On both providers, the service was great in the Houston Metro Area.

Is it the phone or the software?

Thanks in advanced.

TJ_MAN

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I have also noticed the same thing. I am on Verizon and came from the 6s plus and have noticed the the 7 plus switching to 3G way more than my 6S plus ever did.

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
On AT& T iphone we had to switch the cellular data LTE to only on Data, so when he makes phone calls it switch over to 4G with full signal.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Still having issues with AT&T since going to iOS 10. I am not saying it's an iPhone 7 issue, but an iOS issue, because we're seeing it with AT&T on the 6 and the 7.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I've seen this multiple times on the apple help forum. I'm experiencing it too. What I've found is it happens when I have the wifi on and I'm not near a known wifi spot. Like if I leave work while connected to the wifi. Once I get out of the zone it hops around looking for signal. I went one day using LTE only and didn't notice the issue.

I'm on Verizon with the 7+ 128GB matte black

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this multiple times on the apple help forum. I'm experiencing it too. What I've found is it happens when I have the wifi on and I'm not near a known wifi spot. Like if I leave work while connected to the wifi. Once I get out of the zone it hops around looking for signal. I went one day using LTE only and didn't notice the issue.

I'm on Verizon with the 7+ 128GB matte black

I only seen it once but you might be on to something. I had that same issue when I was leaving my house for work this morning.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
On AT& T iphone we had to switch the cellular data LTE to only on Data, so when he makes phone calls it switch over to 4G with full signal.

I posted this in another thread last weekend, but I was unable to send any SMS while I was out and about. It only started working again when I turned off LTE for voice, which I never had issues with prior to the 7. That evening while I was at home, I turned LTE back on for both voice and data and things have been normal since then, but I'm not sure what the heck happened while I was out. Frustrating.

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue with my 7+. When sitting at my desk at work I would typically get between 3 and 4 bars (circles) with my 6+ and with my 7+ I only get 1 to 2. Really annoying as my calls would drop and have issues, luckily wifi calling fixed that but still noticeable.

kgyamerah

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes I was having the same issue with my iPhone 7 plus 256GB,when I contacted apple they advise me to contact my network provide which is three UK.But what I did was to remove my SIM card while the phone is still on and inserts it again,problem solved .My LTE is perfectly working now.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've dropped at least 4 calls (ATT) today in places where I'm usually ok. It has been frustrating. I didn't have this issue with my 6s and SE.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have also noticed the same thing. I am on Verizon and came from the 6s plus and have noticed the the 7 plus switching to 3G way more than my 6S plus ever did.

My 6+ did this often; so did SE. Better now w/ 7+ -but think that may be more about carrier/infrastructure than device: couple of carrier setting updates more recently.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2