I've been on the fence about upgrading my 6s plus to the 7 plus. Right now I'm on the att next plan and have a small amount left to pay off in order to upgrade. I've heard some friends say they had buyers remorse after getting the 7 plus feeling it wasn't worth the upgrade. I like the stereo speakers, dual camera on the 7 plus, and faster ram. Is it worth the upgrade? Please help! Haha
    RobertP1 and station3 like this.
    09-25-2016 06:47 PM
    I upgraded from the 6s plus. Gimme it was well worth it. I love the 7 plus. I don't have any issues with it. Well. I have the static people are complaining about in the camera when recording videos. But guess what? My iPad Air 2 has it too. So did my 6s plus. And my fiances 6 has it. So as far as I'm concerned it's not an issues. But the water resistance and dust resistance was a big thing for me since I work in a wet and dusty environment. And the home button....I have wanted a home button like this since the iPhone 4 lol. I have absolutely 0 regrets about it. I will say that so far at least it feels the same as far as speed as the 6s plus. And obviously the form factor feels the same.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-25-2016 08:19 PM
    I was at an AT&T store the other day and wanted to see the camera on the 7+ It's still too big of a phone for my hand and day-2-day use.
    09-25-2016 11:22 PM
    I had bought a used 6 from a friend of mine last year after going to an Apple store and holding each one and thought I would be perfectly fine with the smaller device. I soon realized I made a mistake because:

1) Battery life
    2) The Google Keyboard was not available yet and I personally despise the stock keyboard due to it surprisingly still lacking swipe input

Sold it a few months later and then grabbed a 6 Plus earlier this year and was much happier with it, though I never felt it ran as well on iOS 9 as the 6 ran on iOS 8.

Will never make that personal mistake again.
    09-26-2016 12:26 AM
    Having upgraded constantly every year, I know exactly what to expect. So no, not me.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-26-2016 03:40 AM
    heres what you have to ask yourself? are you a person like myself who upgrades every year? then sure get the 7 plus between the speakers water resistance camera and power i love the device. but if your going to keep it for a few years i would hold off because the 6s is a great device and this wasnt a huge upgrade.

Next year marks the 10th anniversary of the iphone and if there was an upgrade to get im going to bet that will be something special. maybe im wrong but if your not going to upgrade every year i would at least wait and see. thats just my .02
    09-26-2016 04:01 AM
    There's no regrets. just do it ✔
    gmkc08 likes this.
    09-26-2016 05:14 AM
    No regrets here and I didn't even get the Plus. I 'upgraded' from the 6S Plus to the 7 and I'm content.
    09-26-2016 05:34 AM
    Yea I am still on the fence on whether or not I am going to upgrade to the 7 Plus or just get a 6s Plus. Two of my friends who now have the 7 Plus say they aren't that impressed with it considering both upgraded from the 6s Plus. And from A LOT of the reviews I have read about the Iphone 7 plus it just doesn't seem like a huge upgrade if you already have the 6s Plus (some reviews going so far as to say it's not worth it at all). The selling points is the camera, speakers, and water resistant but Samsung and others have been doing this for a while now (and better). The camera on the newest samsung phone is better than the 7 Plus camera according to Cnet and other sites. I am have a 4.7 inch iphone 6 which I have had for two years now. The battery has gotten pretty bad and some other weird issues that pretty much force me to upgrade.

And for all the die hard apple fans that upgrade every year, Its rumored the iphone 8 or 7s will be a major upgrade next year since that will be the 10 year aniversary for the iphone. Also, for those doing the upgrade plan and carrier plans you might want to read the fine print. If you don't make the payments in the allotted time that thing can REALLY screw you and your credit. I plan to just buy the phone straight up anyway but I thought I would warn some since I am sure there are some folks that didn't read the fine print with those upgrade plans. So If you do upgrade from the 6s Plus I would really consider asking yourself if the slightly upgraded camera and speakers, water resistant design, and no audio jack are worth it this year. Or even consider rival's like Samsung as the screen and pictures on their phones are slightly better than the 7 plus.
    09-26-2016 09:03 AM
    Nope not at all.

Love the extra speed on the 7 Plus and the camera is awesome.
    09-26-2016 09:55 AM
    I got the 7+ coming from the 6+ and it's not the biggest of upgrades. But it is the new hotness. It is what it is.
    afctee and Rocket_Girl like this.
    09-26-2016 10:15 AM
    The 6 s is a perfect fit but the 7 plus makes up with the speed and screen size.
    09-26-2016 10:21 AM
    I have no regrets going from a perfect silver 6s Plus 128, to a perfect silver 7 Plus 256.

Silver, in case you are wondering, is my color of choice as I've always liked the white bezel as well as felt that if a scratch was to happen to the aluminum body of the iPhone, that it would not show up very much.

The improved camera, speakers, water resistance and haptics are all welcomed. Having said that, I was previously planning to stay with my 6s Plus another couple of years to wait for the 'S' version of the iPhone 8, if that is what it will be called.

An offer to buy my 6s Plus by a friend for good money at just the right time while I was busy reading the new reviews of the 7 series pushed me over the edge.

Maybe I'll wait for the iPhone 9s Plus next since this 7 Plus is likely going to go the distance.
    Last edited by Channelsurfer60; 09-26-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    pjbelsch likes this.
    09-26-2016 10:30 AM
    That's how I feel. If I upgrade to the 7 plus I am not upgrading again for two or three years.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-26-2016 11:22 AM
    Not at all! I love the 7 plus.
    09-26-2016 01:25 PM
    I've been on the fence about upgrading my 6s plus to the 7 plus. Right now I'm on the att next plan and have a small amount left to pay off in order to upgrade. I've heard some friends say they had buyers remorse after getting the 7 plus feeling it wasn't worth the upgrade. I like the stereo speakers, dual camera on the 7 plus, and faster ram. Is it worth the upgrade? Please help! Haha
    I think absolutely NOT.. I see waterproofing as the only upgrade worth considering.. If your 6S+ is running well, keep it and enjoy the savings
    09-26-2016 06:57 PM
    It feels lighter than the 6s plus and calendar opens much quicker, no regret here
    09-27-2016 07:17 AM
    totally worth it. The camera is superb. i have actually used the telephoto lens more than the normal lens to get pictures of my daughter at the park and pumpkin patch and what not. the thing is blazing fast and just seems to run so much smoother with iOS 10 than the 6s+. this may be my favorite iphone. it also helps that i went from 64gb to 256gb =]

Having said that. Has anyone been having service issues? i come out of being in wifi and i have 3g for a good 10 minutes before it realizes that its an LTE area. a little frustrating when trying to stream tunes once i leave work.
    09-27-2016 07:21 AM
    Extremely content. No regrets at all
    Hansana likes this.
    09-27-2016 07:36 AM
    If you are one of those people that upgrade every year than there is nothing to discuss, but if you are one year into your 6S, I would keep it for another year to get more bang for your buck.

Not saying that it isn't a great phone, just questioning the value added for the cost
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-27-2016 08:13 AM
    Slightly cheaper would have been better.
    Wait, honestly, who am I kidding? I would have bought the iPhone 7 Plus, regardless.
    09-27-2016 10:36 AM
    Slightly cheaper would have been better.
    Wait, honestly, who am I kidding? I would have bought the iPhone 7 Plus, regardless.
    iPhone 6s Plus 128 was $949 last year. iPhone 7 Plus 128 was $869. So for me, it was cheaper.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:05 AM
    Yea I am still on the fence on whether or not I am going to upgrade to the 7 Plus or just get a 6s Plus. Two of my friends who now have the 7 Plus say they aren't that impressed with it considering both upgraded from the 6s Plus. And from A LOT of the reviews I have read about the Iphone 7 plus it just doesn't seem like a huge upgrade if you already have the 6s Plus (some reviews going so far as to say it's not worth it at all). The selling points is the camera, speakers, and water resistant but Samsung and others have been doing this for a while now (and better). The camera on the newest samsung phone is better than the 7 Plus camera according to Cnet and other sites. I am have a 4.7 inch iphone 6 which I have had for two years now. The battery has gotten pretty bad and some other weird issues that pretty much force me to upgrade.

And for all the die hard apple fans that upgrade every year, Its rumored the iphone 8 or 7s will be a major upgrade next year since that will be the 10 year aniversary for the iphone. Also, for those doing the upgrade plan and carrier plans you might want to read the fine print. If you don't make the payments in the allotted time that thing can REALLY screw you and your credit. I plan to just buy the phone straight up anyway but I thought I would warn some since I am sure there are some folks that didn't read the fine print with those upgrade plans. So If you do upgrade from the 6s Plus I would really consider asking yourself if the slightly upgraded camera and speakers, water resistant design, and no audio jack are worth it this year. Or even consider rival's like Samsung as the screen and pictures on their phones are slightly better than the 7 plus.
    CNet didn't actually say the samsung camera was better:
    "And how did he feel about the 7 Plus compared to the Samsung Galaxy S7 -- arguably the best phone camera of the first half of the year?

Now in many ways, the "realness" of the iPhone 7 Plus images has solid competition from Samsung's Galaxy S7 camera. In my opinion, the Galaxy S7 often produces images that are more pleasing straight out of the camera. The photos are bright and bold -- images pop with an almost painterly quality. The S7 photos look fantastic, but arguably look less "real" than images coming out of the iPhone 7 Plus. I think of it as the iPhone 7 Plus producing a high quality film image, while the Samsung Galaxy S7 is most definitely producing a "digital looking" image."

Apple iPhone 7 Plus review - Page 2 - CNET
    09-27-2016 12:50 PM
    If I were you, I'd wait for the next year's iPhone.
    Why? Because it is the anniversary and we expect Apple to make something huge.
    But, if you can buy 7 plus and then, next year buy the 8 or however it will be called.. Then go ahead.

I have iPhone 6 plus, saw 7 plus and didn't fall in love: yep, the camera and the home button are cool, also the water resistance and dust but it's not a big deal for me. So I think I will wait for next year's.
    09-27-2016 01:41 PM
    I bought a 7 Plus and used it for about a week....returned it today. Not enough of a change to warrant the upgrade to me. My 6s Plus is just as fast as that 7 Plus I used plus it doesn't have that slight stutter that I noticed on the 7 Plus. My 6s Plus is smooth as butter....so I will wait and see what 2017 has in store.
    09-27-2016 02:42 PM
50 12