Anyone wishing they had gone with the 7 instead of the 7 Plus?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little upset I didn't get the 7 first this way if I didn't like it I could go back to a plus but I got the 7+ first so if I did switch to the 7, that's what I'll be stuck with for 12 months.

Going to hit the Apple Store this afternoon to check the regular 7 out one more time and play with it for 10 minutes or so. The only thing that scares me is the battery life of the 7 compared to the 6+ I'm coming from and now 7+ I have.

What kind of battery life is ideal for your usage patterns? My 7 easily lasts the entire day with 30-50% left to spare on weekdays and 15-25% on weekends with heavier use. I charge overnight.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually at a nearby Apple Store right now......If I do get the 7, I'll let you know if I have any immediate regrets..(laughing)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had both. The 7 struggled to get me through the day. The Plus easily gets me through the day. And camera? Well with iOS 10.1 it wasn't even close. The Plus hands down. Glad I switched to the Plus.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
It's funny I got the seven on launch cuz there was no way of getting the plus. I got lucky and got the 7 plus yesterday and man I miss the big screen. I thought to myself I be good with the 4.7 screen but I wasn't.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will I switch out my iPhone 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus? Maybe. Maybe not. Right now, I'm enjoyed my the new device while also enjoying my youngest son's football game. Thus far, the battery is holding up quite well.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as battery life is concerned between the Plus (when I had it) and the 7 that I have now....I have no complaints. Both devices have beastly battery with my usage. I think we really have the A10 to thank for that. My 7 easily gets me through 15-17 hours off of the charger with juice left to spare (like 40-50%).

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
While I'm not disputing, the battery life would vary on usage .... My 6s+ off charger at 6am during the work week would be at 40% by 1pm (calls, emails and social media messages -WA/FB).

I personally work from my device.

I'm still to run the same with this 7, as I'm yet to return to work.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have the 56mm lens and the software for depth of field. I just can't have a phone that large. Just too large!

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
As far as battery life is concerned between the Plus (when I had it) and the 7 that I have now....I have no complaints. Both devices have beastly battery with my usage. I think we really have the A10 to thank for that. My 7 easily gets me through 15-17 hours off of the charger with juice left to spare (like 40-50%).

Can you give an example of your daily usage? I found my 6s+ to always outlast my wife's 6s by four plus hours (she needed a boost by dinner time). I really like the larger screen and dual cameras, but the 7 would be so much more pocketable - even the Galaxy Note 7 is more manageable - the bezels on the 7Plus are just outrageous.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6 plus. Sold it and got a regular 6. Then had a 6s. The dual cameras made me go with the 7plus. After having it for a little over a week now I'm loving the plus. The software improvements since I had a 6 plus makes the 7 plus or any plus much easier to operate a lot of my common tasks one handed. I'm sticking with pluses for the foreseeable future.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Will I switch out my iPhone 7 for the iPhone 7 Plus? Maybe. Maybe not. Right now, I'm enjoyed my the new device while also enjoying my youngest son's football game. Thus far, the battery is holding up quite well.

How is your battery life ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The battery life is on par with that of my iPhone 6S Plus. I'm really enjoying this iPhone 7, but I'm still getting used to its 4.7 inch display.

Yes agreed. About the same. But the 7 plus? Wowzers battery for me was insane. I'd get about 30% more on 7 plus than the 7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR