Calling person's name is not identified

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I travel to different countries frequently, therefore I have to store my contacts phone numbers in international format. For example +1-234-567-8901. But in some countries when you receive a call the calling persons phone is shown on the phone differently without plus sign and countries code. For example instead of displaying +123-999-999999 it is shown as 0-999-999999. So the iPhone can't find this number in your phone book and it doesn't display the name of the calling person because in the phone book it is saved with plus sign and country code.
Every Android device that I used, manages to find this number in the phone book even though it is stored in different format.
Why iPhone can't do this? This is a big inconvenience for people who travel to different countries

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I travel to different countries frequently, therefore I have to store my contacts phone numbers in international format. For example +1-234-567-8901. But in some countries when you receive a call the calling persons phone is shown on the phone differently without plus sign and countries code. For example instead of displaying +123-999-999999 it is shown as 0-999-999999. So the iPhone can't find this number in your phone book and it doesn't display the name of the calling person because in the phone book it is saved with plus sign and country code.
Every Android device that I used, manages to find this number in the phone book even though it is stored in different format.
Why iPhone can't do this? This is a big inconvenience for people who travel to different countries
Yes it does work that way. But I have about 1000 contacts, so that is practically impossible. Hope to raise this issue and let Apple fix this

Yeah, I did leave a feedback. Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What happens if you enable Dial Assist in Settings > Phone?
I have yet to experience this issue when receiving international phone calls.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative