iPhone 7 plus Verizon bad reception

mitc5502

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
My VZW 7+ seems to take a while getting back on LTE after I've been in a less-then-ideal area for service (elevators, basements, etc...). My AT&T iPhone 6 was the same way though...maybe not quite as bad, but still was annoying.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Add me to the Verizon list. My call quality seems very poor with the 7+. It sounds choppy at my home but it was fine when I was outside me home. I kind of wonder if they are trying to do something with wifi calling or something (I have the setting off). I am hoping Apple/Verizon is working on a fix.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The news is starting to spread. Google "Iphone 7 Verizon poor reception". Medium-major tech sites are now covering it. It's a pretty big issue (widespread). Of course, Verizon and Apple are pointing fingers at each other. Sorry, boys, but playing the blame game doesn't help the consumer. Collaborate for a fix.

Interesting that I don't see any articles on imore about this yet. I was hoping they would. They are pretty good at getting official responses.

And PLEASE - if you are having issues, please make sure to officially report it to BOTH Verizon and Apple!

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
The news is starting to spread. Google "Iphone 7 Verizon poor reception". Medium-major tech sites are now covering it. It's a pretty big issue (widespread). Of course, Verizon and Apple are pointing fingers at each other. Sorry, boys, but playing the blame game doesn't help the consumer. Collaborate for a fix.

Interesting that I don't see any articles on imore about this yet. I was hoping they would. They are pretty good at getting official responses.

And PLEASE - if you are having issues, please make sure to officially report it to BOTH Verizon and Apple!

They don't seem to be too interested in news stories around here anymore.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
They don't seem to be too interested in news stories around here anymore.

That's really a shame!!

Some people are reporting that beta2 fixed the issue, but there are still some that say even after beta2, they are still having issues.

J Steel

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues with Verizon iPhone 7 plus with bad reception. I seem to have issues when traveling as in switching towers. My connections drops and it takes a few minutes to reconnect. I'm currently in a place now and I'm getting 1x and my wife's iPhone 6s Plus is getting LTE. I tried resetting network settings but that didn't work.
My wife's and my iPhone 7 are both getting horrible reception compared to our 6s's. Dropping calls, much lower bars than in same places with the 6s. New iPhone was supposed to be better, faster network and it is worse.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Go into cellular > cellular data options > then enable LTE for data only

It works, yes losing the ability to talk and surf the web at the same time sucks but at least this way you don't have to worry about the "no service" message. I've done this and it work.

I did this with my 7 and it improved a bit, at least the percentage for " no cell service " went down ..

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I've seen that. Would be nice if someone made an official statement. I know I'm with AT&T and not Verizon, but I am going to guess it's an Apple issue bc I'm experiencing issues on my 7 as well.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I live in a fairly rural area where I am frequently switching towers and being in low reception areas. I have yet to experience any issues that I have noticed.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to VZ today and they are very aware of the issue. They are working on a fix. The supervisor I spoke to added my number to what she said was a very long list of complaints. She stated that I would receive a text when a fix has been deployed.

As another poster mentioned, it is important that everyone having issues call to let them know. She said the more they hear the faster they act.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I think so. Remember to read that main reason for this update were to solve this issue. But as I live in Brazil I can't confirm if it really solved.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR