Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Love my 7+.....but

The screen scratches way to easy. I opened the box yesterday and never left my house after.

I went to Best Buy to get a case and screen protector. While cleaning the phone to apply the protector I realized there were several faint scratches in the screen. Must have happened when it was only pocket. Needless to say it's got a tempered glass Zagg on it now.

Default Re: Love my 7+.....but

Did you have keys or coins in the same pocket?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    Did you have keys or coins in the same pocket?
    Dont think so. Maybe a quarter. No biggie they are super light. Cant even see them with the new zagg on. Just kills me that it took all of 12 hours to scratch the screen. Grrrrrrt
    iMore Beginner

I had the same pr. I ordered my jetblack iphone , when i opened the box, i saw scratches on the iphone's back (Apple Logo)
    iMore Beginner

I went to Apple Store and told them what happened. But they said they won't change device so goodbye Apple
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,340 Global Posts

Honestly...really? When they tell you in the fine print that this can happen what difference does that make? The phone will get scratched.
    I just saw a vid on YT and they took theirs out of the box and sure enough it was scratched. If you have buyers remorse then that's fine, but saying goodbye Apple because of a scratch on the JB phone is just...strange.

Quote Originally Posted by EarleD View Post
    Dont think so. Maybe a quarter. No biggie they are super light. Cant even see them with the new zagg on. Just kills me that it took all of 12 hours to scratch the screen. Grrrrrrt
    I hear you...
    EarleD likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I have the MB not the JB. No scratches on the body of the phone.

I couldn't deal with the JB scratches. Otterbox symmetry and zagg tempered. Great combo
    tekjunkie28 and rudyalexc like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I couldn't deal with the JB scratches. Otterbox symmetry and zagg tempered. Great combo
    I have the MB, (who I call Stealth Black) too, so I think I'm going to pick up a Zagg today.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,948 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafaozcan33 View Post
    I went to Apple Store and told them what happened. But they said they won't change device so goodbye Apple
    SMH

And NO OTHER manufacturer would swap out the phone if you got some light scratches on it, so don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

Pardon me but I don't know what is all these fuss on scratches. I just got the new phone delivered today. I am carrying both the new phone and my old 6Plus (with a LifeProof Nuud case) in the same pocket and I have no issue whatsoever.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

No fuss on my side. Something in my pocket put a couple of light scratches on my screen. It has a screen protector on it now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Sounds like it might be scratches in the oleophobic coating and not the glass itself. Probably should take more than 12 hrs to get them, but there are little abrasive things in pockets that can scratch screens. Those little scratches don't bother me and I don't use screen protectors, but others can't stand them. Hence tempered glass and films and skins, etc.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    24,682 Global Posts

I picked up a two pack of tempered glass screen protectors for a buck shipped on sale not too long ago. Applied it immediately upon receipt of the phone
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

While cleaning the phone to apply the protector I realized there were several faint scratches in the screen. Must have happened when it was only pocket. Needless to say it's got a tempered glass Zagg on it now.
    This is why I bought and applied the eye goughing-ly pricey Belkin glass screen protector in the store immediately after buying the phone. They even have a machine to put it on. This is in Australia though.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chilledbeer View Post
    This is why I bought and applied the eye goughing-ly pricey Belkin glass screen protector in the store immediately after buying the phone. They even have a machine to put it on. This is in Australia though.
    I'd love to see that machine in action.
    walkingrock likes this.

Default Love my 7+.....but

Did you examine the phone when you got it? Could it have come with the scratches?
    I've had my 6s Plus a year. I carry it in my pocket with no protective screen. There's been times with coins and keys. I forget. But no scratches or anything.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDXMatt View Post
    I'd love to see that machine in action.
    In AT&T stores they have a little box they place the phone is and then place the protector over it and then close and slide this thing back and forth which forces out the bubbles of air pockets.

The coolest thing I've seen is some malls have a stand where they enter the device model into the computer and you actually see the screen protector being cut to the correct dimensions. Then it slides over and drops on to the device.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,635 Global Posts

Mine and wife's 6s plus came scratched right out of the box last year on the screen on launch day. Apple swapped them both immediately. It the first iPhones that we have has screen scratched out of the box either.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    In AT&T stores they have a little box they place the phone is and then place the protector over it and then close and slide this thing back and forth which forces out the bubbles of air pockets.

The coolest thing I've seen is some malls have a stand where they enter the device model into the computer and you actually see the screen protector being cut to the correct dimensions. Then it slides over and drops on to the device.
    I must find one. That sounds like fun.
    Last edited by PDXMatt; 09-25-2016 at 01:34 AM.
    iMore Newbie

So you buy a iPhone 7 and put a brick ugly blocky otter box case on it. That's dumb.
    PDXMatt likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Hhahaa laughed. This scratches are so big. From the notification center to control center. You said honestly...really? if you have buyers remorse than that's fine but saying goodbye Apple because of a scratch on the jb phone is just strange bla bla bla. If you see my phone's scratches, i am sure you'll say goodbye Apple too. So just stop bigoted
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,635 Global Posts

I had the same pr. I ordered my jetblack iphone , when i opened the box, i saw scratches on the iphone's back (Apple Logo)
    1) it would have scratched the first time you slid a jet black phone into your pocket.

2) they wouldn't of had any to swap you anyways.
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    1) it would have scratched the first time you slid a jet black phone into your pocket.

2) they wouldn't of had any to swap you anyways.
    Yes i agree your 2nd idea but not 1. There weren't any coins or keys in my pocket. And i saw these scratches when i opened the box i didn't do anything to phone but there were big scratches and i am so sad because i save money to buy this iphone. So i am disappointed and angry.
    walkingrock likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Yes i agree your 2nd idea but not 1. There weren't any coins or keys in my pocket. And i saw these scratches when i opened the box i didn't do anything to phone but there were big scratches and i am so sad because i save money to buy this iphone. So i am disappointed and angry.
    When did you take your phone to Apple...immediately?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast