iPhone 7 plus Tmobile vs AT&T

TechAbstract

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Are these two versions of the same phone? Can AT&T sim works fully on Tmobile version or vice versa? I am looking to purchase the phone at full price.

Last edited:

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 7 plus Tmobile vs AT&T

Are these two versions the same phone? Can AT&T sim works fully on Tmobile version or vice versa? I am looking to purchase the phone at full price.

Idk they should be but they are actually different models. It could be that they just ship with a different sim.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

In the US and Canada, there are two models of each iPhone 7.

The T-Mobile & AT&T phones are the same. They lack the CDMA radio due to their Intel modem. The Verizon and Sprint models truly work on all carriers in the US and China. The Sprint one, though, if activated on Sprint, is locked for 60 days to Sprint. The have different model numbers due to the SIM that is included.

The most desirable one is the Verizon model if you are interested in changing carriers or you want to maximize resale value later on...

Otherwise the AT&T and T-Mobile versions will work anywhere there is a GSM signal.

The SIM-Free version, which has not been released yet in the US, will most likely be the Verizon version with no SIM.

Hope this helps..

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I bought a Verizon Plus today, popped my AT&T SIM card in and works perfectly!

Ditto. I got the Verizon model and am using with ATT. Wanted that model or Sprint model for resale value.

TechAbstract

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Originally Posted by jayk82
I bought a Verizon Plus today, popped my AT&T SIM card in and works perfectly!

They don't require you to sign up for a plan? I may just purchase Verizon phone and use it for my AT&T sim.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Are these two versions of the same phone? Can AT&T sim works fully on Tmobile version or vice versa? I am looking to purchase the phone at full price.

Yes they can if paid full price and unlocked. I bought a Att 7 Plus at retail and using it on T-Mobile.

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
The point of doing the iUP is so that if you don't like your carrier you can switch to which ever carrier you like. All iPhones work on all carriers.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus Tmobile vs AT&T

If it's any like like the 6/6s then the AT&T and T-Mobile ones are exactly the same and then there's the one that Verizon and Sprint gets. Again, if anything like last years model then the AT&T/Tmo model also works on Verizon and sprint and has 1 extra band that only AT&T uses.

It's also worth nothing that Verizon and Sprint have moved more towards using LTE pure phones and away from CDMA. So in my opinion the extra CDMA radio is becoming obsolete with LTE.

Not sure how they did it this year but I know last years model, AT&T model was the best one because it worked on every carrier and had the extra band while the ones for Verizon and sprint lacked it. My wife is currently using a 6s plus that we originally got on AT&T and now on Verizon. I don't know why they would change it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 7 plus Tmobile vs AT&T

If it's any like like the 6/6s then the AT&T and T-Mobile ones are exactly the same and then there's the one that Verizon and Sprint gets. Again, if anything like last years model then the AT&T/Tmo model also works on Verizon and sprint and has 1 extra band that only AT&T uses.

It's also worth nothing that Verizon and Sprint have moved more towards using LTE pure phones and away from CDMA. So in my opinion the extra CDMA radio is becoming obsolete with LTE.

Not sure how they did it this year but I know last years model, AT&T model was the best one because it worked on every carrier and had the extra band while the ones for Verizon and sprint lacked it. My wife is currently using a 6s plus that we originally got on AT&T and now on Verizon. I don't know why they would change it.

This year, the ATT and T-Mobile model only has GSM modem. The Verizon and Sprint model has a GSM and CDMA support. If you want the most universal model, go with Verizon or sprint one. I've got the Verizon one.

TechAbstract

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 7 plus Tmobile vs AT&T

I bought the Verizon iPhone 7 Plus at Apple Store. Paid full price for it. Doesn't require a contract with Verizon. Using it with AT&T sim card now. Everything works, including MMS, visual voicemail, and Wifi calling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2