Contacts

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I just realized that my contacts did not transfer over to my new phone. I saved them all in the contacts app. I did not load the old phone backup, but rather started clean. Is there anyway I can retrieve those contacts?

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Do you use iCloud? If so, your contacts are saved to iCloud even if you restored as new. Go into the contacts app and pull down to refresh. They should start showing up.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out. ON my old phone I had several email addresses. On the new one I only synced my iCloud. So all the other contacts were associated with one of the other email addresses. Once I added those accounts they all showed up. Now I just have to figure out how to associate them all to the iCloud account. Hope this helps someone else.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
This is another reason I advise people to save their contacts to Google. Any mobile OS I choose to use at the time will always have instant access to all my contacts because of that.

Cannot access iCloud contacts on my Android or Windows Mobile devices if I swap my SIM over for a few days.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This is another reason I advise people to save their contacts to Google. Any mobile OS I choose to use at the time will always have instant access to all my contacts because of that.

Cannot access iCloud contacts on my Android or Windows Mobile devices if I swap my SIM over for a few days.

Good advice !!!!!

I switch between iPhones and Samsung phones often and save all my contacts to gmail which makes saving contacts very easy to transfer between devices.

I have a special gmail account that I use to save Names and Phone Numbers ONLY !!!
I don't want everyone I've ever emailed in my life being merged into my phone number contacts.

Saving contacts to Apple keeps you held hostage to Apple.

Cheers
Davyo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro