Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    24,647 Global Posts

Default Is there any way to have music silenced when navigation prompts come up?

I am using Google Play Music to stream as well as Google Maps for navigation. When a voice prompt comes up, the music just dims, making it a little hard to hear the prompts. Is there any way to have the music completely silent for the duration of the voice prompt?

Default Is there any way to have music silenced when navigation prompts come up?

Hmmmm... I don't think there is a way to completely mute the music during voice prompts. The only option I'm aware of is to set Guidance volume to "Louder" in the navigation settings in Maps.

Default Re: Is there any way to have music silenced when navigation prompts come up?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I am using Google Play Music to stream as well as Google Maps for navigation. When a voice prompt comes up, the music just dims, making it a little hard to hear the prompts. Is there any way to have the music completely silent for the duration of the voice prompt?
    Hopefully, someone who uses both will reply with a remedy soon.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there any way to have music silenced when navigation prompts come up?

I use both the voice prompts bug me more than the music I usually turn prompts off and just pay attention to my next turn.