unlocked sprint 7 plus on att

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
ok I've finally found an iphone 7 plus but its sprint.. I'm on att... from what I understand, if I buy it unlocked (which I am), I can literally stick my att sim card in it and it'll work... these apple employees are confusing me though... they keep saying stuff like it might not work as well as an att phone cause its a sprint phone... an apple worker said something about it not being specced for att networks.. is this true? basically what I'm asking is wont my unlocked sprint iphone 7 plus work just as good on an att iphone 7 plus on the att network? my data speeds wont be slower or anything right? my understanding is that the verzion and sprint phones are IDENTICAL to the att tmobile phones (other than the cdma radios).

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
In my understanding, there are only two versions of iPhone 7: one with CDMA radios, and the second without CDMA. GSM capabilities are identical on all iphones.  employees are usually pretty uninformed (dumb) about their products.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I know for sure Sprint and Verizon iPhone 7 devices can go between either network. I thought the only differences were with the CDMA radios among the iPhones and so any of them will work on AT&T, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'd probably listen to what Apple is advising just to be safe.

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
faisdogg, I'm looking at the apple iphone 7 tech specs on the apple website and that's what I'm seeing too.. the only difference is the cdma radios...both have the exact same gsm radios... so my data speeds should not be affected... thank you guys

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
From what I've seen on the forums, the Sprint & Verizon will work with almost any carrier in the U.S. & China. I can verify the Verizon model, I popped in my AT&T sim today and working perfectly. However, I've also seen on the forums that if the Sprint model is activated, it will be locked to Sprint for 60 days. Shouldn't be the case if you're buying outright, but I have seen that being said around here.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon and sprint models are the same. The previous posters are right. The modems support both cdma and gsm networks. It will work just fine for ATT. I am using a Verizon iPhone 7 on ATT right now.

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently using a iPhone 7 plus 128 black sprint on att.. works perfectly.. just put my att sim in the there and it worked perfectly.. I'm glad I got the reservation.. I cancelled my att order.. thanks for the help guys

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative