Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Wish i could get my 7 plus early!

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Haters gonna hate! I still got an Android with a jack, plus it DOES come with an adapter.
    Haha no hating here! I'm typing this on my 7 Plus and I was enjoying my Bose corded headphones this afternoon.

Why must I want that jet black so badly?! It's like a damn unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Why must I want that jet black so badly?! It's like a damn unicorn.
    Yeah those things are nowhere to be seen on store shelves. It's crazy how low of a supply there is.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,512 Global Posts

I really think the Jet black issue is a combo of things, high demand check, low supply check, Apple liking the fact that there is a hard to get model check. . Couple years ago it was the "gold". Remember when no one could find a gold one? Now you can get as many gold as you want!
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,512 Global Posts

Ok the plot thickens! My bank's fraud detection department called today to verify some recent transactions, second time in as many days. Yesterday they wanted to know about the cup of coffee I bought at La Colombe, now today they wanted to know about the iPhone charge. (Yes it was free but I paid to upgrade to the plus 128 model). If those <expletive deleted> messed up my shipping I swear I will change banks!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,314 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brianmiddleton View Post
    hi... i'm seeing a lot of folks get their 7 pluses early... preorders went live around 2 am on 09/09 and I ended up ordering mine around 2:30 am (central time zone)...I'm supposed to get mine around 10/4-10/10... its crazy cause I'm seeing a lot of you guys get your orders early...
    It seems like devices are being delivered 2 days before the 'earliest' predicted date that was given out to customers. Which means, maybe around the 2nd October you will receive yours

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Ok the plot thickens! My bank's fraud detection department called today to verify some recent transactions, second time in as many days. Yesterday they wanted to know about the cup of coffee I bought at La Colombe, now today they wanted to know about the iPhone charge. (Yes it was free but I paid to upgrade to the plus 128 model). If those <expletive deleted> messed up my shipping I swear I will change banks!
    As long as you were able to speak with them right when they first called or soon after it shouldn't mess with anything. The authorization had most likely already been transmitted at that point if the transaction was already showing up in your account.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts

I was originally told to expect my phone on the 19th before T-Mobile's system crashed and my order never went through. Then when I called back because I never got my EIP agreement, my shipping date was between 9/27-10/10. My phone ended up arriving on the 16th. So definitely with T-Mobile at least, expect an earlier delivery than your ETA. They always tend to stick to a safe delivery date just in case.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

I have a shipping date of 9-27 through 10-10, and still stuck on processing order. Hope they hurry up and get them out.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,512 Global Posts

Got mine on Tuesday!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts

I'm just p&$$@# because folks in the "big cities" can walk-in and get an iPhone 7 Plus, while my order on 9/10 is still not scheduled for delivery until 10/4-10/11. WHY do I keep kneeling at the alter of Ives...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hearmeoutx View Post
    I was originally told to expect my phone on the 19th before T-Mobile's system crashed and my order never went through. Then when I called back because I never got my EIP agreement, my shipping date was between 9/27-10/10. My phone ended up arriving on the 16th. So definitely with T-Mobile at least, expect an earlier delivery than your ETA. They always tend to stick to a safe delivery date just in case.
    My order was cancelled same way, reordered on 9/16 with ship dates of 10/3 - 10/15. Mine still says in processing, will ship 10/3
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts

I got my iPhone 7 on launch day because there were no Plus' to be found. Was able to exchange it last weekend for the 7 Plus (Verizon 256GB Matte Black) with a ship date of 10/26. I was okay with it because they let me keep my 7 until the Plus arrived. Just got the shipping email and my Plus will be here 10/03. Can't complain about getting it 3 weeks early.
    firedept10 and pkcable like this.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,512 Global Posts

I wish.....

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    I got my iPhone 7 on launch day because there were no Plus' to be found. Was able to exchange it last weekend for the 7 Plus (Verizon 256GB Matte Black) with a ship date of 10/26. I was okay with it because they let me keep my 7 until the Plus arrived. Just got the shipping email and my Plus will be here 10/03. Can't complain about getting it 3 weeks early.
    Did you order thru Verizon or ?
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts

Through Verizon.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    Through Verizon.
    Thanks I ask because I ordered a phone on the 22nd with a November 16 delivery date. Hoping to see it sooner
    iMore Newbie

I got mine 3 weeks early. Keep your hopes up I'm sure yours will be coming anyday
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broodn View Post
    Sadly there is no stock in Northern Virginia I've been checking everyday
    I picked up a 7 plus in matte black last a week ago on Tuesday, using there reservation system. Today, I returned a pre-ordered on to an Apple Store in Pa.
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    It seems like devices are being delivered 2 days before the 'earliest' predicted date that was given out to customers. Which means, maybe around the 2nd October you will receive yours
    I had the same delivery window and my 7 plus matte black was delivered on 9/27.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Did not pre-order. Used Apple's Reservation system, which meant I had to upgrade with the iPhone Upgrade program. Ideally, e-mail also stated that I could switch up my payment to carrier upgrade or pay-in-full in store when I went to claim my reservation. Did carrier upgrade. Got my 256gb iPhone 7 Plus without even pre-ordering. I was inspired by my friend who pre-ordered with AT&T and they did not even send out any tracking/shipping updates and gave him an estimate of early October. He got the phone on 9/18 in-store. I got mine 9/20

Unfortunately, Apple has become stricter in terms of the policy with the reservations, as they now allow you to check out however you wish but you have to be an actual existing member of the Apple iPhone upgrade program. Guess I got lucky.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12