The age old question, screen protector or not?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always used them, but when I ordered my 7Plus I thought I'd take it off my 6S Plus for a while just to see how it felt. Even with nice glass screen protectors the screen looks and feels so much better naked, and also has less glare on the screen.

So the question is, are they needed anymore? I realize that with drops it is always helpful, but are they needed to prevent just light scratching? I'd prefer not to use one with the 7Plus and am curious if people are using them or not.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I haven't used one for about a year now and I have no regrets. While the tempered glass protectors are a huge improvement over the old plastic protectors, I feel the naked glass is the best way to go. I use a leather Apple case and that protects from drops (though I'm sure if it dropped on gravel I'd be in trouble) and so far so good.
Ultimately, you will have to decide for yourself but I'm in the no screen protector camp.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
All my phones have had one before, but this year, after getting my iPad Pro, I left the screen naked except for the Apple Smart Cover, and I have been blown over with the clarity and screen sensitivity, so this time, I ordered a wallet case and plan to leave the screen naked.
I think it will offer enough protection from accidental nicks but allow me to experience the screen the way Apple meant it to be.
... If it doesn't work, I will use a screen protector and an Apple silicone case.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a two pack of tempered glass screen protectors for a buck on sale. Imo,cheap protection from scratches,if you plan to resell. If you trade in then not a big deal.

I also picked up a thin case for a buck on sale to protect against frame and back scratches too

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
All my phones have had one before, but this year, after getting my iPad Pro, I left the screen naked except for the Apple Smart Cover, and I have been blown over with the clarity and screen sensitivity, so this time, I ordered a wallet case and plan to leave the screen naked.
I think it will offer enough protection from accidental nicks but allow me to experience the screen the way Apple meant it to be.
... If it doesn't work, I will use a screen protector and an Apple silicone case.

I'm the same way. I haven't used one on my iPad Pro since I got it and it makes such a difference to me. I guess I'll go naked for a while and see how it does.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I always use the anti fingerprint screen protectors. The prints drive me insane, so yeah, I use those on my phone and pad both. And I just feel better having something on there.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm the same way. I haven't used one on my iPad Pro since I got it and it makes such a difference to me. I guess I'll go naked for a while and see how it does.

There was one pre-installed when I bought my iPad pro refurbished. I didn't notice much of a difference compared to my previous ipad that didn't have a tempered glass screen protector.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Over the years I tried 3 screen protectors, all cheap. They felt not so smooth in comparison with the iPhone screen itself, so I plucked them off within the hour, every time. But the second I got this new iPhone 7 Plus I walked into the AppleStore and had one placed on it because this is the first Plus I am using ever.
The bigger screens means more chance for scratches in my pants or somewhere else.
And I have to say this screen protector feels way better than what I had before.

I'd say, just put a screen protector on it and if you don't like it you could always remove it.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't plan to use one. I haven't on my 6S+, and outside of a few little scratches in the oleophobic coating (which you can only see when the light hits just right) I don't see any major scratches.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had a screen protector on my iPhone since my very first one, the 3 G and I haven't had any marks on any of my iPhone screens despite not using a screen protector. I hate how they mess up the clarity of the screen and the feel of them.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I always use Ghost Armour they put it on and replace it if needed I have scratched the screen on previous devices and it bugged the hell out of me till I got a new phone .

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Im on the fence because I ran my 6s plus without one and I had some light scratches but one was a little longer and deeper than the others, so I may run one on this phone

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Over the years I tried 3 screen protectors, all cheap. They felt not so smooth in comparison with the iPhone screen itself, so I plucked them off within the hour, every time. But the second I got this new iPhone 7 Plus I walked into the AppleStore and had one placed on it because this is the first Plus I am using ever.
The bigger screens means more chance for scratches in my pants or somewhere else.
And I have to say this screen protector feels way better than what I had before.

I'd say, just put a screen protector on it and if you don't like it you could always remove it.

Well I am using a tempered glass screen protector that I paid 50 cents for on sale it feels great. Some plastic ones feel like crap though

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes always... I'd like to be brave enough to go without, but I don't have apple care. So, because I'm a compete klutz... it's not worth the gamble!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR