No matter what I get hairline scratches so I keep one on. This is my 2nd screen and 30 minutes later I had a hairline scratch lmao.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:45 AM
    I slapped a Zagg tempered glass screen protector early on when I got my 6s+. It held up very well, and was nearly invisible. Then a freak thing happened. I was at Applebees and the waiter dropped two full glasses of water as he was grabbing dishes from my gf. It was an honest accident. The dishes were stacked and he was trying to grab them the best he could and he just lost track of what his hand holding the tray with the water glasses was doing. One glass fell on me, the other fell right on my 6s+. The screen protector was damaged at the point of impact, but the glass underneath completely spiderwebbed across the whole screen. It was the craziest thing. In that instance, the screen protector did no good, and it was really the only time my screen had suffered any kind of trauma. I think when I get my 7+ I'll go without a protector. Plus it's a hassle to get them put on correctly!
    09-21-2016 02:34 PM
    Because the answers have totally changed since this question was last asked. What are you saving "Case or Naked" for a separate post? ...
    09-21-2016 02:54 PM
    No screen protector... No case... Thats just how I roll
    09-21-2016 03:17 PM
    I always use one and I'm absolutely using one this year. I went with the biggest and largest. That's a $970 investment. Seems silly not to spend $3 to protect it from scratches. I like my devices in great condition and I'd rather not risk scratches in any form. Not to mention, if I want to sell it down the line I want the value as high as possible.
    libra89 and Spencerdl like this.
    09-21-2016 04:14 PM
    I always use a minimal style case, but no screen protector, I have never liked the way they feel
    09-21-2016 04:18 PM
    Sand is horrible. My sister's screen is totally scratched because she likes to use the device naked.
    I agree.having a young child who loves to play with sand,it is unfortunately unavoidable for me
    09-22-2016 08:01 AM
    Ordered my 1st iPhone (7+ matte black 128gb) yesterday. Will definitely try screen protector but unsure which one yet.
    Nonsenseinsd8 likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:00 PM
    I slapped a Zagg tempered glass screen protector early on when I got my 6s+. It held up very well, and was nearly invisible. Then a freak thing happened. I was at Applebees and the waiter dropped two full glasses of water as he was grabbing dishes from my gf. It was an honest accident. The dishes were stacked and he was trying to grab them the best he could and he just lost track of what his hand holding the tray with the water glasses was doing. One glass fell on me, the other fell right on my 6s+. The screen protector was damaged at the point of impact, but the glass underneath completely spiderwebbed across the whole screen. It was the craziest thing. In that instance, the screen protector did no good, and it was really the only time my screen had suffered any kind of trauma. I think when I get my 7+ I'll go without a protector. Plus it's a hassle to get them put on correctly!
    So Applebees fixed your phone? Or did you at least get a free 2 for $20??
    Matt Manahan likes this.
    09-22-2016 07:33 PM
    MintBicycle I ordered the spigen 2 pack for the iPhone 7 plus and the tech armor screen protector. May want to give those a look.
    09-22-2016 08:08 PM
    I used skins for my earlier phones, including a screen protector. Had some trouble with it on my iPhone 4 so went without. Got my 5 and went without but 2 weeks in I got a scratch on the screen. I was careful and nothing shared the pocket. Something may have been in there (dirt, who knows) so since then I always use one. Not glass as the curved edges mean it's too far from the edge. But the crystal kind work great for me
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:21 PM
    Thanks for the advice...will check it out.
    09-23-2016 08:26 AM
    So Applebees fixed your phone? Or did you at least get a free 2 for $20??
    They paid for my insurance replacement. I went home and submitted the insurance claim for $175. I went back to Applebees and showed them a screenshot of my credit card account which showed the $175 payment to insurance. The Applebees manager went back and brought out $175 in cash. I just hope it didn't come out of the waiter kid's pay. He was super apologetic and he felt REALLY bad about what he had done.
    09-23-2016 11:20 AM
    Funny thing is I never used one on any device but just ordered one for me and my GF.

The 9H Tempered Glass because it's color coded to our phones. Hope we like them or there coming off quick
    09-23-2016 11:27 AM
    I've never used a screen protector and never had even a micro scratch on my displays with Gorilla Glass or Apple's glass.

Even the most clear protector, still looks horrible compared to a naked display. Defeats the whole purpose of a quality display.

I do use a case though. And my phones have always had their own pocket, with display side always toward my leg.
    09-23-2016 11:28 AM
    Even the most clear protector, still looks horrible compared to a naked display. Defeats the whole purpose of a quality display.
    To each their own, I forget mine is on there now and then, except for the scratch that's on it now from sharing a pocket with my keys on accident when I was trying to do too much at once.
    09-24-2016 03:20 PM
    No protector. I have AppleCare plus and will be getting a leather apple case like my last 3 iPhones. I dislike the screen protectors. I have some tempered glass protectors but know I'll just end up taking them off. For the price of the device, AppleCare plus seems like a better investment especially with screen replacement being $29 with it.
    09-24-2016 03:47 PM
    I never use a screen protector.
    09-24-2016 04:24 PM
    I don't use a screen protector. I've had my 6s Plus a year and it looks new. No scratches or anything. I wipe it good each day with a microfiber cloth.
    09-24-2016 04:37 PM
    Never used a screen protector until I got my 7. IMHO the protectors have become so much better over time. Super thin, smudge resistant, etc. So I really like the one I have now, but have no idea which it is.
    09-24-2016 05:02 PM
    Since I will go naked for a little while, I will put Zagg Glass on the screen to protect it. I think that is all I need for now. The phone is already water resistant, so a case is really not necessary. I have a Jet Black phone and I do not want to cover up its beautiful finish. The Jet Black is not slippery at all which is great.
    09-24-2016 06:05 PM
    Hell no. My iPhone 6s Plus is beat up but I like that. I don't baby my phone. I hate screen protectors. They're ugly. They make your phone look real ugly.
    jayk82 and nnahorski like this.
    09-24-2016 11:37 PM
    I surely slap a screen protector on mine
    robertk328 and wilber1 like this.
    09-24-2016 11:57 PM
    I always put a screen protector on mine. Non matter how careful you are you will get those small micro abrasions on the screen and they drive me nuts.
    09-25-2016 04:38 AM
    Which one is better guys? Spigen or techarmor? Which one is closer edge to edge?
    09-25-2016 07:48 PM
77 1234