"Hear" is my buzzing sound

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

You [redacted] I held my phone up to my ear and now I cannot Unhear it. Great. My phone is definitely making noise. It almost sounds like an old cable modem, granted it's really quiet. Mine is not under stress just reading the iMore forums. If you don't hear the noise put your ear over the dual camera. If your hearing isn't shot you'll definitely hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
My hearing in my right ear is perfect, i do have slight hearing loss in my left, but i still didnt hear anything from mine... GLAD because id be paranoid and not be able to unhear it! LOL.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The local radio DJs were talking about this on their morning show today. They joked that to remedy this Apple will give everyone free noise cancelling headphones lol.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Hear" is my buzzing sound

You [redacted] I held my phone up to my ear and now I cannot Unhear it. Great. My phone is definitely making noise. It almost sounds like an old cable modem, granted it's really quiet. Mine is not under stress just reading the iMore forums. If you don't hear the noise put your ear over the dual camera. If your hearing isn't shot you'll definitely hear it.

I don't have perfect hearing and I can hear it...annoying to say the least huh?

What device do you have?

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Why can't Apple get any launch right.

sorry about your phone, i hope they fix it quickly

what did apple get wrong with the launch? seem fine to me. the demand was very high. I waiting until Sunday and got mine.

i look now and there are plenty available by me.

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
It's normal for all electronics. And ever human ear is different

Not normal. Not to this degree....not even close. And not all 7's are affected. It's a legit issue for some.

The well known very slight hiss coming from the 6 series, is completely different. Way less audible. Even to the same set of ears ;)

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes it is. Some are just louder then other. Choke and coil whine. So what 30 ppm have reported it out of millions?

It's more than that. Way more than 30 on Macrumors alone, have reported that same very loud hiss and click. Not typical coil whine, by any stretch. That's why it's being discussed. It's a legit issue for some. Can't simply dismiss it, because you think it's normal. It's not.

Hopefully just a bad batch or two.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If I can't hear it on normal use, i'm definitely not going to put my phone to my ear to try. I've determined it's always best to let the issue find me rather than me looking for an issue. Then I'll never be satisfied.

That noise in the video seems crazy. Can you hear that when the phone is just sitting there? Or did you have to try and listen for it?

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

This seems to be more than coil whine...

A series of clicks, whirring, and buzzing would indicate coil whine...

This is a straight "buzzing" sound...I didn't notice any pause to indicate what is normally associated with it.

Not to mention, I would consider this deafening in a quiet environment...

I don't have to smash the phone to my cranium to hear it; partly the reason I decided to record it with my 6S Plus. Some forums speculate that people were using hi-def microphones to capture the sound. I recorded an "everyday" video that anyone with a 6S Plus would be able to duplicate if their phone was doing the same.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think I'm being overly sensitive about the noise coming from it. It's there, and it's legitimate.

I don't want to have an incendiary jack-in-the-box like the Note 7

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think I'm being overly sensitive about the noise coming from it. It's there, and it's legitimate.

I don't want to have an incendiary jack-in-the-box like the Note 7

Were the Note 7 explosions preceded by a barely audible buzz? I'm still yet to hear someone say they heard the sound while their phone was just sitting. Every thing I've read had people pressing their ears against the camera area to hear this sound.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner