Stuck in "Preparing for Shipment"

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My black iPhone 7 Plus has been stuck in "Preparing..." for 4 days. My card has been charged. I can't get any tracking information. I'm really getting frustrated. I've seen people in these forums who ordered their phones after me, expecting deliveries as early as today (the 19th). I got my confirmation email at 3:14am eastern on the 9th. I don't understand what the hold up is.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry too much. I've seen a lot of times where this happens and next thing they know it's in their city or at the door!
I know once I ordered a huge set of floor standing speakers and amp and preamp for the home stereo system. It was supposed to be 3 day shipping. On the day before it was supposed to be shipped it was still in California and I'm in va. It was at my door 24 hours later

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think they're just not updating their tracking info.
My delivery date has been moved up twice to an earlier date but my tracking info says my phone is still in China.

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think they're just not updating their tracking info.
My delivery date has been moved up twice to an earlier date but my tracking info says my phone is still in China.

Yeahhh I don't think that's the case with mine. I've had zero change to anything but my status. It went from processing to preparing a few days ago. No tracking info. No date changes. Nothing.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Mine is still showing processing. There are people here who ordered hours after me that got their phones Friday. I haven't even been charged yet.

buellertech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think a lot depends on the phone type and color. This year since they only put the dual camera in the plus model, it has now become the more popular one to get unlike last year. I like many others wanted Matte Black even though mine will be in an otter box commuter case. I just prefer to have everything almost invisible when I look at the screen and not have the white borders on the front.

Mine changed to Preparing for Shipment Saturday morning around 8am CST but hasn't changed since. Hoping it changes today and arrives much sooner then Oct 4-10th.

For me its a nicer upgrade since I'm coming from Iphone 6 64gb and going to Iphone 7 plus 128gb matte black.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I should've ordered the 256.oh well the great wait continues

I went with the 256 thinking that it wasn't as popular thus it would be easier to get. I'm still processing. Granted my pre-order was done Saturday night rather than with pre-orders started. So I'll be waiting a little longer. My ship by date is 10/5.

smoke5643

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... matte black 32gb plus ordered Friday 3:05 a.m. still says processing no update..... Expected ship date 9/28 (my wife's birthday ironically lol)

Last edited:

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the jet black 256 GB 7 plus on 9/9 as soon as the site went live. My confirmation email from Apple @ 3:12 am is showing a ship date of 10/18 - 10/31. I sure hope it ships sooner. If not no worries, I can wait it out to get the device I want.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

buellertech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think its just all the posts saying they have moved up shipping dates making the rest of us crazy lol

I happen to be a IT Tech and love getting my hands on new gadgets so its making me crazy waiting to see the ship date and the hope that it will be bumped up which it probably will be.

But your right its seeing other post that gets you even more crazy about waiting, I have a browser tab opened to my apple store and I hit refresh a few times an hour lol to hope it changes.

Still no change

kedwards1217

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 7 Plus 256g in rose gold on Friday 9/16. Gave me an estimated delivery date of 10/11-10/17. Yesterday went from processing to preparing for shipment and my card has been charged. Hoping it's not stuck in preparing for shipment for too long🙏🏻

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My black iPhone 7 Plus has been stuck in "Preparing..." for 4 days. My card has been charged. I can't get any tracking information. I'm really getting frustrated. I've seen people in these forums who ordered their phones after me, expecting deliveries as early as today (the 19th). I got my confirmation email at 3:14am eastern on the 9th. I don't understand what the hold up is.

You are not alone. My order for a Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus has been preparing for shipment since 9/16 at 4:49 AM. I became frustrated. But after reading reports of buzzing noises originating from the processor and relatively dim displays, I am no longer looking forward to delivery.

bparks115

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I finally got a shipment notification this morning but it's been stuck in Zheng Zhou for about 7 hours. 🙄

I'm not a very patient person lol.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My phone is stuck in the delivery date cha cha dance: it's for the 27-29!
No, it's for the 22nd!
No, it's coming on the 21st!
No, it'll be for the 22nd!
Actually we don't know, we don't have an effin clue!

Etcetera.
I am seriously rethinking my need to upgrade at this point, absolutely NO device is worth this nonsense.
I'm really liking my 6 Plus more and more, lol.

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone is stuck in the delivery date cha cha dance: it's for the 27-29!
No, it's for the 22nd!
No, it's coming on the 21st!
No, it'll be for the 22nd!
Actually we don't know, we don't have an effin clue!

Etcetera.
I am seriously rethinking my need to upgrade at this point, absolutely NO device is worth this nonsense.
I'm really liking my 6 Plus more and more, lol.

If the processor in your 7 Plus is noiseless, and its display bright rather than dim as well warm rather than yellowish, it might be worth the trouble.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR