Stores getting stock of 7 plus

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just snagged a matte black 128gb 7+ using the OP's IUP link. It's the Verizon model but I am on Tmo and not on any kind of payment or upgrade program. I'm hoping to walk in at my appointment time, pay full price, walk out, and swap SIMs and activate at home.

Apple Store in Bellevue, WA.

Is this gonna work the way I want?

Yea it'll work.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I found a Verizon 256 matte black and I am now back on iOS after 3+ years... Glad to have this done!
It's quite the task to build from scratch....I hope nothing pressing pops up at work....ha

Congrats. Found mine yesterday as well. Seems the 256gb Verizon is the most readily available of the Matte Black Plus. Every Apple store here in Texas has it available right now. I had preordered the 256gb ATT MB Plus but glad I ended up with the Verizon version.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Just snagged a matte black 128gb 7+ using the OP's IUP link. It's the Verizon model but I am on Tmo and not on any kind of payment or upgrade program. I'm hoping to walk in at my appointment time, pay full price, walk out, and swap SIMs and activate at home.

Apple Store in Bellevue, WA.

Is this gonna work the way I want?

Yes...they had to manually enter the imei for some reason.... But all went great. I told them my account is with att but there was a 50% chance I would switch to Verizon.... Hedging my bets

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all. I am hoping to not even open the box in the store.

I stopped in the store this morning and they wouldn't let me redeem my appointment early but they did confirm I'll be able to just buy the phone outright when it's my time.

I made the right choice in black color. The jet black doesn't appeal to me in person and the display unit is already scratched up.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
So I am enjoying the move back to iOS with the 7+.... But I find that my cell service doesn't work, just on wifi.
I can att, and they say that Apple took my unlimited plan off when they activated my phone. Att now has to escalate this in order to put my unlimited plan back on.
I'm not sure what to think.... But I will head to Verizon after 20 years if they jack around. Ugh

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Success. They didn't even open the box in the store. There was no question whatsoever regarding any participation in upgrade programs etc. They checked my name against the reservation list, asked me how I want to pay, fetched the phone, took payment, and sent me on my way.

When I got home I tossed the Verizon SIM that came in the phone, put my T-Mobile SIM in, and am now restoring my 6s+ backup to my new phone.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Success. They didn't even open the box in the store. There was no question whatsoever regarding any participation in upgrade programs etc. They checked my name against the reservation list, asked me how I want to pay, fetched the phone, took payment, and sent me on my way.

When I got home I tossed the Verizon SIM that came in the phone, put my T-Mobile SIM in, and am now restoring my 6s+ backup to my new phone.
Congrats. I thought only TMobile and ATT were interchangeable.

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I think the Verizon and Sprint SKUs are identical except for the SIM that comes in the phone. The device itself is a proper superset of the GSM model -- exactly the same band and access tech support as the GSM model, plus CDMA support (forever to go unused, in my case).

I found that the people the store were not really up on this, and I heard a few cases of them giving out wrong info.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Congrats! Enjoy your new phone.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just found a store with a 7 plus and have a reservation for today. But I don't want to do the iphone upgrade program or the att program. I am just going to buy it straight up. Can I do that or no?

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
So I just found a store with a 7 plus and have a reservation for today. But I don't want to do the iphone upgrade program or the att program. I am just going to buy it straight up. Can I do that or no?

They don't require you too. That said, even if you were required there is no penalty for paying off early and the financing is 0%. So you'd just pay it all of on the first payment. Last year AT&T wouldn't sell the 6s at launch full price. So I did NEXT and then paid it off at the machine in the store...employees just shook their head. There's always a way! Good luck and enjoy your phone!

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
They don't require you too. That said, even if you were required there is no penalty for paying off early and the financing is 0%. So you'd just pay it all of on the first payment. Last year AT&T wouldn't sell the 6s at launch full price. So I did NEXT and then paid it off at the machine in the store...employees just shook their head. There's always a way! Good luck and enjoy your phone!

Thanks!!

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Word of caution for those picking up Verizon phone and using on att... Apple store essentially deleted my data plan to activate. Problem is. I had the grandfathered unlimited and it takes an act of Congress to reinstate. Just be aware of the possibility...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox