Stores getting stock of 7 plus

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What part of VA? I am in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach area and we have two apple stores close to each other. Even though I am not planning on upgrading until late November, I still like to share the info with friends that are looking.

Northern Virginia, there are a bunch up here :)

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Every store near me has at least one color of 7 Plus, all 128gb models. AT&T and T-Mobile at most stores but every store has at least AT&T. I got mine on launch day but if you live in GA look it up!

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if you have a Verizon Business plan ,that still covers subsidy pricing, can do this reservation and have it follow those parameters, if you can get pass the Apple upgrade disclaimer?

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, I just found my phone at an Apple Store about an hour away. Going to be tuff making it at the reserved time, but going to do my best. I have to cancel my BBY preorder before I go pick this up, correct? I'm a little concerned about doing that without the phone actually in my hands. I don't guess there's any way around that though. I need to put this one on my ATT Next plan. I would rather do the Apple Upgrade but don't know if its possible to switch since my trade in is the balance owed on my Next plan. Anyone know about those two questions: Do I have to cancel preorder before picking up this one and can I switch from ATT Next to Apple Upgrade Plan?

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
So everything worked out for me reserving a plus this morning and going into Apple and upgrading on my Verizon Business account. iPhone Upgrade Program never came up. Happy New Matte Black 7+ 128GB owner.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Still trying to find a Plus in the Houston area, seems they still only have just the 7 in stock unless I just keep missing it throughout the day!

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I reserved a 7 plus matte black finally! I am going to exchange my 7 plus rose gold for it! Jayk82 i refreshed every 10 min and the stock changed that quick.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to get my iPhone that I was able to reserve the night before at an Apple Store in Reston, VA.. I also had a phone that was pre-ordered from Apple on a two year Verizon agreement that was "preparing for shipment" from Apple. When I got to the Apple store they were not able to sell me the reserved phone until I cancelled the one that was on pre-order. I had to call Apple and they refused to cancel the pre-ordered phone because they said that it was laready turned over to the shipper. After about 20 minutes and getting nowhere, I called Verizon and they were able to put the phone I reserved against another wireless line that I had and then they switched the phone number back to me. The whole process took about 1.5 hours. When the other phone is delivered, I can take it back to Apple for a refund.

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, I just found my phone at an Apple Store about an hour away. Going to be tuff making it at the reserved time, but going to do my best. I have to cancel my BBY preorder before I go pick this up, correct? I'm a little concerned about doing that without the phone actually in my hands. I don't guess there's any way around that though. I need to put this one on my ATT Next plan. I would rather do the Apple Upgrade but don't know if its possible to switch since my trade in is the balance owed on my Next plan. Anyone know about those two questions: Do I have to cancel preorder before picking up this one and can I switch from ATT Next to Apple Upgrade Plan?

Unbelievable! I just got an email from Best Buy that my phone is ready to pick up today. GRRRR! I'm calling to store to make sure before I cancel my Apple Store reservation.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Cancel your BB order and call AT&T to reinstate your upgrade. That's what I did on the way to my appt to pick mine up. Found it an hour away also.

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Unbelievable! I just got an email from Best Buy that my phone is ready to pick up today. GRRRR! I'm calling to store to make sure before I cancel my Apple Store reservation.

So I checked my local BBY and my phone is indeed there waiting to be picked up. I checked the status this morning before I made the reservation at the Apple Store and it still said Processing like its said since I placed it on 9/9. So I cancelled the Apple Store reservation and will be picking up my 256 7+ RB in about an hour AND I get to keep my $100 GC. Plus my new Spigen phone case is supposed to also be delivering today. It will be a miracle if this all works out without some kind of hitch. My life just doesn't work without a few hitches somewhere. Here's hoping the screen is good and isn't making any funny noises and doesn't stutter. That's alot to hope for I know!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
So I checked my local BBY and my phone is indeed there waiting to be picked up. I checked the status this morning before I made the reservation at the Apple Store and it still said Processing like its said since I placed it on 9/9. So I cancelled the Apple Store reservation and will be picking up my 256 7+ RB in about an hour AND I get to keep my $100 GC. Plus my new Spigen phone case is supposed to also be delivering today. It will be a miracle if this all works out without some kind of hitch. My life just doesn't work without a few hitches somewhere. Here's hoping the screen is good and isn't making any funny noises and doesn't stutter. That's alot to hope for I know!

Awesome congrats! Enjoy! For future reference, like next year if you miss your reservation time there is a certain amount of time (days) they hold the device. But when you get there you may have to wait for a rep to help you. They won't release your device for a standard period of time. They understand accidents happen, etc.

Codeworks

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I see some conflicting information.

Are all iPhones they sell at the Apple store under their own program usable on any of the networks? So, is there a reason I could not order the sprint variety and use on AT&T?

I understand the whole CDMA/GSM thing; however, from my understanding these are all unlocked and usable on any of the networks.

Will Apple not allow me to purchase a Sprint variety and use on AT&T?

Thanks.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Cancel your BB order and call AT&T to reinstate your upgrade. That's what I did on the way to my appt to pick mine up. Found it an hour away also.

My problem was that Apple would not cancel my order even though its been in "Preparing for Shipment" status for 3 days now and the Apple store could not release the phone they reserved for me at first, but after the switcharoo back and forth with Phone numbers I was able to pick up the phone from the store. When the pre-ordered phone arrives in probably another week or so, I will return it to an Apple store for a refund. Its too bad that there is no line of communications between the Apple retail store and their online operation, but thanks to Verizon, problem was solved.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I see some conflicting information.

Are all iPhones they sell at the Apple store under their own program usable on any of the networks? So, is there a reason I could not order the sprint variety and use on AT&T?

I understand the whole CDMA/GSM thing; however, from my understanding these are all unlocked and usable on any of the networks.

Will Apple not allow me to purchase a Sprint variety and use on AT&T?

Thanks.

From my understanding it depends. Yes, Apple has a model that works across all carriers. So, technically you can buy "Verizon" and put it on "AT&T". However, during initial sales period all Apple sales require activation prior to leaving the store. Thus, to do what you want you'd have to bring the other SIM with you and it would have to be a reservation or walk-in, not a prepay in store pick up. Once the initial sales period is over they have a SIM Free Device that can be purchased and you can walk out unlocked and not activated. This is my understanding.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
From my understanding it depends. Yes, Apple has a model that works across all carriers. So, technically you can buy "Verizon" and put it on "AT&T". However, during initial sales period all Apple sales require activation prior to leaving the store. Thus, to do what you want you'd have to bring the other SIM with you and it would have to be a reservation or walk-in, not a prepay in store pick up. Once the initial sales period is over they have a SIM Free Device that can be purchased and you can walk out unlocked and not activated. This is my understanding.

I reserved an Sprint 7 Plus which I intended for Verizon use. I reserved it, came and was asked if I was going to use the upgrade program, the carrier's upgrade program, or buying outright. Told her outright. I was charged, walked out, and popped a Verizon sim in it when I got home and it's working. If you're buying outright they pretty much don't care for the most part. But I have read some instances where some employees have been a little more hardasses.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I reserved an Sprint 7 Plus which I intended for Verizon use. I reserved it, came and was asked if I was going to use the upgrade program, the carrier's upgrade program, or buying outright. Told her outright. I was charged, walked out, and popped a Verizon sim in it when I got home and it's working. If you're buying outright they pretty much don't care for the most part. But I have read some instances where some employees have been a little more hardasses.

Exactly, yours was a reservation. That's what I meant. Prior to reservations, there were only pre-orders that were prepaid online and required a selection of upgrade or full retail but you had to choose a carrier and if shipped or picked up in store had to activate.

We are past that point of "pre-order". Reservations don't require payment until pick up so the option of walking out inactivated is possible now.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I luckily didn't pick up the Silver 128GB yesterday, and was able to reserve a Black 128GB earlier this morning. My decision now comes down to Black (today) vs Jet Black (continue waiting for deliver: 10/14-10/21). The new store is over 3 hours away from me though, while the first one was under 2 hours away.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox