Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree89Likes
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default Re: Stores getting stock of 7 plus

Yeah. I think the Verizon and Sprint SKUs are identical except for the SIM that comes in the phone. The device itself is a proper superset of the GSM model -- exactly the same band and access tech support as the GSM model, plus CDMA support (forever to go unused, in my case).

I found that the people the store were not really up on this, and I heard a few cases of them giving out wrong info.

Quote Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
    Success. They didn't even open the box in the store. There was no question whatsoever regarding any participation in upgrade programs etc. They checked my name against the reservation list, asked me how I want to pay, fetched the phone, took payment, and sent me on my way.

When I got home I tossed the Verizon SIM that came in the phone, put my T-Mobile SIM in, and am now restoring my 6s+ backup to my new phone.
    Congrats! Enjoy your new phone.
    iMore Intermediate

So I just found a store with a 7 plus and have a reservation for today. But I don't want to do the iphone upgrade program or the att program. I am just going to buy it straight up. Can I do that or no?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer8 View Post
    So I just found a store with a 7 plus and have a reservation for today. But I don't want to do the iphone upgrade program or the att program. I am just going to buy it straight up. Can I do that or no?
    They don't require you too. That said, even if you were required there is no penalty for paying off early and the financing is 0%. So you'd just pay it all of on the first payment. Last year AT&T wouldn't sell the 6s at launch full price. So I did NEXT and then paid it off at the machine in the store...employees just shook their head. There's always a way! Good luck and enjoy your phone!
    Craig and DianaAW like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    They don't require you too. That said, even if you were required there is no penalty for paying off early and the financing is 0%. So you'd just pay it all of on the first payment. Last year AT&T wouldn't sell the 6s at launch full price. So I did NEXT and then paid it off at the machine in the store...employees just shook their head. There's always a way! Good luck and enjoy your phone!
    Thanks!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Word of caution for those picking up Verizon phone and using on att... Apple store essentially deleted my data plan to activate. Problem is. I had the grandfathered unlimited and it takes an act of Congress to reinstate. Just be aware of the possibility...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,554 Global Posts

Yes you can just buy outright
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Just returned my pre ordered 7+ to an Apple Store. Hopefully some one finds it and makes them happy lol
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Just returned my pre ordered 7+ to an Apple Store. Hopefully some one finds it and makes them happy lol
    I was wondering if apple resold returned iphone's to people as new or just sent them off to be refurb and then have them as display models.

I was wondering if apple resold returned iphone's to people as new or just sent them off to be refurb and then have them as display models.
    I don't think they can sell it as new if it has been opened.
    iMore Intermediate

Yea I thought so. I was just wondering what apple does when someone returns an iphone during the 14 day return window.

Yea I thought so. I was just wondering what apple does when someone returns an iphone during the 14 day return window.
    If it's been opened, it probably becomes refurb fodder.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567