Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Stores getting stock of 7 plus

Quote Originally Posted by chrisforpm View Post
    I originally preordered a 128GB 7+ in black at 2:03 am CDT on the 9th. Delivery was Oct 5-12.

I decided to religiously check the reserve and pick up site every day, 10 times a day since the 17th. I came close a few times but missed out on getting one each time. Finally today around 11 am my local Apple Store had black pluses available in 32, 128 and 256. I was able to reserve one finally. When I checked the site later on in the day, the 128 was still available.

I'm not sure the rhyme or reason when it comes to stock. As a preorder customer it certainly is frustrating that I could walk in to a store 10 days later and grab one (not that I am complaining, I lucked out) yet my online order was still processing.
    I agree. I pre-ordered on 9/9 and am getting it delivered this week. Meanwhile, I reserved and picked up 7plus, black, 128gb, last Tuesday.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Different stock for store and preorders apparently according to this weeks imore podcast.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

Most Apple Stores in my area (NYC) have some sort of 7 and 7 Plus stock. When I went online early yesterday morning to see if I could snag a reservation for a Matte Black 7 Plus, I noticed that pretty much every store I selected in NY, NJ, PA, and CT had 7 Pluses. It was mostly 32GB RG or SLV, but there was also plenty of 128GB in RG, SLV, and GLD. I came across my MB in CT, and a JB in Central NJ. So while the stores aren't getting TOO much inventory, it's there. Just have to hunt them down.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Question: I went on istocknow and there aren't 128 matte black att to be had nationally... I'm sitting on my preorder suppose to arrive 10/6-10/12.
    I see on the istocknow website that it days the Verizon model is unlocked and works on gas. Networks ( att T-Mobile and some international). Is the att model not unlocked? I was under the impression they all were from Apple.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by salscott View Post
    Question: I went on istocknow and there aren't 128 matte black att to be had nationally... I'm sitting on my preorder suppose to arrive 10/6-10/12.
    I see on the istocknow website that it days the Verizon model is unlocked and works on gas. Networks ( att T-Mobile and some international). Is the att model not unlocked? I was under the impression they all were from Apple.

The AT&T model is unlocked only if paying full retail price or through the iPhone Upgrade program.

It will work with T-Mobile or Verizon if unlocked but with a caveat. The GSM version has a different modem that is not compatible with CDMA network. it will work in Verizon areas where there is LTE and VOLTE for voice calls but any other areas you would need the Verizon specific version to fall back to their 3g network.

I couldn't find an AT&T matte black plus anywhere in my area either. However, for whatever reason the 256 GB Verizon 7 Plus is readily available at many stores. I picked one up and am running it on AT&T.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    The AT&T model is unlocked only if paying full retail price or through the iPhone Upgrade program.

It will work with T-Mobile or Verizon if unlocked but with a caveat. The GSM version has a different modem that is not compatible with CDMA network. it will work in Verizon areas where there is LTE and VOLTE for voice calls but any other areas you would need the Verizon specific version to fall back to their 3g network.

I couldn't find an AT&T matte black plus anywhere in my area either. However, for whatever reason the 256 GB Verizon 7 Plus is readily available at many stores. I picked one up and am running it on AT&T.
    I am paying in full... But essentially get the Verizon model to have the most flexibility?
    Funny.... I have seen the 256 matte Verizon also.... Fort worth has them now.
    I don't think I need the extra space... But my note 5 is hacking me of text wise... Thanks... Who y'all play Saturday?

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

So I found a Verizon 128 matte, but it is asking for Verizon eligibility despite the fact I an paying outright.... And it won't process.
    Advice?

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,895 Global Posts

So I found a Verizon 128 matte, but it is asking for Verizon eligibility despite the fact I an paying outright.... And it won't process.
    Advice?

Reserve it from the link that the OP provided. You're probably using the other reservation method in the "Buy Now" page.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    Reserve it from the link that the OP provided. You're probably using the other reservation method in the "Buy Now" page.
    Of course, using that link from op shows the store doesn't have it in stock. Ugh

I am paying in full... But essentially get the Verizon model to have the most flexibility?
    Funny.... I have seen the 256 matte Verizon also.... Fort worth has them now.
    I don't think I need the extra space... But my note 5 is hacking me of text wise... Thanks... Who y'all play Saturday?

Get the Verizon model over the ATT model. It'll have better resale value.
    aggie and salscott like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

I found a Verizon 256 matte black and I am now back on iOS after 3+ years... Glad to have this done!
    It's quite the task to build from scratch....I hope nothing pressing pops up at work....ha
    eyecrispy likes this.

I found a Verizon 256 matte black and I am now back on iOS after 3+ years... Glad to have this done!
    It's quite the task to build from scratch....I hope nothing pressing pops up at work....ha
    Nice! Congrats. You using it on ATT?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Nice! Congrats. You using it on ATT?
    Yep....I like the flexibility here.

Yep....I like the flexibility here.
    Sweet.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Just snagged a matte black 128gb 7+ using the OP's IUP link. It's the Verizon model but I am on Tmo and not on any kind of payment or upgrade program. I'm hoping to walk in at my appointment time, pay full price, walk out, and swap SIMs and activate at home.

Apple Store in Bellevue, WA.

Is this gonna work the way I want?
    eyecrispy likes this.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
    Just snagged a matte black 128gb 7+ using the OP's IUP link. It's the Verizon model but I am on Tmo and not on any kind of payment or upgrade program. I'm hoping to walk in at my appointment time, pay full price, walk out, and swap SIMs and activate at home.

Yea it'll work.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    Yea it'll work.
    Congrats. I picked mine up just across Lake WA at the University Village Apple Store. Enjoy!
    tai4de2 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Congrats. Found mine yesterday as well. Seems the 256gb Verizon is the most readily available of the Matte Black Plus. Every Apple store here in Texas has it available right now. I had preordered the 256gb ATT MB Plus but glad I ended up with the Verizon version.
    salscott and eyecrispy like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Yes...they had to manually enter the imei for some reason.... But all went great. I told them my account is with att but there was a 50% chance I would switch to Verizon.... Hedging my bets
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default Stores getting stock of 7 plus

Thanks all. I am hoping to not even open the box in the store.

I stopped in the store this morning and they wouldn't let me redeem my appointment early but they did confirm I'll be able to just buy the phone outright when it's my time.

I made the right choice in black color. The jet black doesn't appeal to me in person and the display unit is already scratched up.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

So I am enjoying the move back to iOS with the 7+.... But I find that my cell service doesn't work, just on wifi.
    I can att, and they say that Apple took my unlimited plan off when they activated my phone. Att now has to escalate this in order to put my unlimited plan back on.
    I'm not sure what to think.... But I will head to Verizon after 20 years if they jack around. Ugh
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Success. They didn't even open the box in the store. There was no question whatsoever regarding any participation in upgrade programs etc. They checked my name against the reservation list, asked me how I want to pay, fetched the phone, took payment, and sent me on my way.

When I got home I tossed the Verizon SIM that came in the phone, put my T-Mobile SIM in, and am now restoring my 6s+ backup to my new phone.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Success. They didn't even open the box in the store. There was no question whatsoever regarding any participation in upgrade programs etc. They checked my name against the reservation list, asked me how I want to pay, fetched the phone, took payment, and sent me on my way.

When I got home I tossed the Verizon SIM that came in the phone, put my T-Mobile SIM in, and am now restoring my 6s+ backup to my new phone.
    Congrats. I thought only TMobile and ATT were interchangeable.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,564 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michial Brown View Post
    Congrats. I thought only TMobile and ATT were interchangeable.
    T-Mobile and Att models are only interchangeable with GSM. Verizon is interchangeable with CDMA and GSM. Verizon model is actually the best one to to buy.
    eyecrispy and ladyc0524 like this.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast