Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Stores getting stock of 7 plus

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Cancel your BB order and call AT&T to reinstate your upgrade. That's what I did on the way to my appt to pick mine up. Found it an hour away also.
    My problem was that Apple would not cancel my order even though its been in "Preparing for Shipment" status for 3 days now and the Apple store could not release the phone they reserved for me at first, but after the switcharoo back and forth with Phone numbers I was able to pick up the phone from the store. When the pre-ordered phone arrives in probably another week or so, I will return it to an Apple store for a refund. Its too bad that there is no line of communications between the Apple retail store and their online operation, but thanks to Verizon, problem was solved.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    I see some conflicting information.

Are all iPhones they sell at the Apple store under their own program usable on any of the networks? So, is there a reason I could not order the sprint variety and use on AT&T?

I understand the whole CDMA/GSM thing; however, from my understanding these are all unlocked and usable on any of the networks.

Will Apple not allow me to purchase a Sprint variety and use on AT&T?

Thanks.
    From my understanding it depends. Yes, Apple has a model that works across all carriers. So, technically you can buy "Verizon" and put it on "AT&T". However, during initial sales period all Apple sales require activation prior to leaving the store. Thus, to do what you want you'd have to bring the other SIM with you and it would have to be a reservation or walk-in, not a prepay in store pick up. Once the initial sales period is over they have a SIM Free Device that can be purchased and you can walk out unlocked and not activated. This is my understanding.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,890 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    From my understanding it depends. Yes, Apple has a model that works across all carriers. So, technically you can buy "Verizon" and put it on "AT&T". However, during initial sales period all Apple sales require activation prior to leaving the store. Thus, to do what you want you'd have to bring the other SIM with you and it would have to be a reservation or walk-in, not a prepay in store pick up. Once the initial sales period is over they have a SIM Free Device that can be purchased and you can walk out unlocked and not activated. This is my understanding.
    I reserved an Sprint 7 Plus which I intended for Verizon use. I reserved it, came and was asked if I was going to use the upgrade program, the carrier's upgrade program, or buying outright. Told her outright. I was charged, walked out, and popped a Verizon sim in it when I got home and it's working. If you're buying outright they pretty much don't care for the most part. But I have read some instances where some employees have been a little more hardasses.
    DianaAW likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    I reserved an Sprint 7 Plus which I intended for Verizon use. I reserved it, came and was asked if I was going to use the upgrade program, the carrier's upgrade program, or buying outright. Told her outright. I was charged, walked out, and popped a Verizon sim in it when I got home and it's working. If you're buying outright they pretty much don't care for the most part. But I have read some instances where some employees have been a little more hardasses.
    Exactly, yours was a reservation. That's what I meant. Prior to reservations, there were only pre-orders that were prepaid online and required a selection of upgrade or full retail but you had to choose a carrier and if shipped or picked up in store had to activate.

We are past that point of "pre-order". Reservations don't require payment until pick up so the option of walking out inactivated is possible now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

I luckily didn't pick up the Silver 128GB yesterday, and was able to reserve a Black 128GB earlier this morning. My decision now comes down to Black (today) vs Jet Black (continue waiting for deliver: 10/14-10/21). The new store is over 3 hours away from me though, while the first one was under 2 hours away.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Does anyone know how often stores have been getting 7+ shipments?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Does anyone know how often stores have been getting 7+ shipments?
    Apple stores or att?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    Apple stores or att?
    Apple. I'm also curious how accurate the availability checker that Apple provides on their website is.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Very good and they should get them everyday.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    Very good and they should get them everyday.
    Thanks for the info, I'll keep checking the site throughout the day,
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Shoot. I can either hold out to the end of October for jet black, or pick up a matte black in store today. Toughest decision today
    csierra72 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

I'm glad I decided to check. I ordered my phone through Sprint and it would take another month to get it. Just found one at my local Apple store. Picking it up after work.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #88  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by IEMT View Post
    Shoot. I can either hold out to the end of October for jet black, or pick up a matte black in store today. Toughest decision today
    You won't be disappointed with the matte black
    MasterDarque likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Every time one shows available I get this message. "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable." Is there a reason for this that anyone knows of?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,890 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koko359 View Post
    Every time one shows available I get this message. "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable." Is there a reason for this that anyone knows of?
    Click the link in the OP of this thread.
    iMore Newbie

Ok. Couldn't wait. Used this link and got a 128 black! Canceled my pre order! Thanks for this link OP
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by applefan4515 View Post
    You won't be disappointed with the matte black
    You are absolutely right about that. Looks amazing. Plus with my job I always have a case on. So jet black would t of been a smart choice after a little thought
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #93  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by IEMT View Post
    You are absolutely right about that. Looks amazing. Plus with my job I always have a case on. So jet black would t of been a smart choice after a little thought
    I have to use a case for my job too. Well. I don't have to. But if I didn't I will end up with a ton of scratches and stuff. Waiting for my case to be delivered tomorrow so I have been completely careless for the week. I don't mind except when I'm at work. I fully plan on removing the phone from the case when I'm not at work though.
    peetah21 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post
    I'm glad I decided to check. I ordered my phone through Sprint and it would take another month to get it. Just found one at my local Apple store. Picking it up after work.
    Are you on iPhone forever?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jayk82 View Post
    Still trying to find a Plus in the Houston area, seems they still only have just the 7 in stock unless I just keep missing it throughout the day!
    Yessssss! Just reserved a Black 256gb here in Houston to pick up this morning! Thanks for the link OP!!
    iMore Newbie

I finally got a verizon 128gb iPhone 7 plus black one reserved for tomorrow. I have been checking every night at 12:02 and it finally showed up. That was probably the fastest I have ever ordered anything. I thought for sure I would get to the confirmation page and it would say it's already gone.
    DianaAW and erwaso like this.
    iMore Newbie

For those that have done reservations, has anyone been questioned when using, in my case, Verizon payment plan Instead of apples?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    Awesome congrats! Enjoy! For future reference, like next year if you miss your reservation time there is a certain amount of time (days) they hold the device. But when you get there you may have to wait for a rep to help you. They won't release your device for a standard period of time. They understand accidents happen, etc.
    Store here told me they have to hold them until close that day.

Different stores also manage appts differently. Reserved for pickup 2x, 2 different stores. Both in same big city, to both had lines for pickup.

One store sorted the line by reservation time, closely managed line, so if person with earlier res arrived after you did, they were put ahead in the line. All told, took about an hour.

Other store had one line for "anything related to iPhone 7.. several people did not have reservation- techs booked for them as they stood in line. If the phone they wanted was in the house, they were golden. This worked out well for kid in front of me. From arrival to exit. again about an hour.

Picked up first phone after online order went mia in shipping problems they're having.

Picked up second today as exchange for first one (color swap). Order arrived in between, so returned that, still in shipping box, at second appointment.

Happy now with 257GB matte black plus!
    DianaAW likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Apple. I'm also curious how accurate the availability checker that Apple provides on their website is.
    Availability is by state/store/ carrier/ size/ GB/ color. seems very accurate. Used for reserved pickup in two different stores. Both changed from day to day and throughout each day. If they say there's a phone if your desired configuration to reserve, there is.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koko359 View Post
    For those that have done reservations, has anyone been questioned when using, in my case, Verizon payment plan Instead of apples?
    I decided to cancel my preorder for the Jet Black 128GB, and will be picking up a Black 128GB later this morning. I'm curious to hear an answer to you question, since I want to use AT&T next to pay for my device.
    erwaso likes this.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast