Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Default Re: Stores getting stock of 7 plus

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    I just laughed out loud so hard I startled my wife.
    Just tell her it was The Two Bobs™ again.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by applefan4515 View Post
    I picked up my 7 plus matte black. 32gb today from the Apple Store in Ann Arbor Michigan.

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_...=U&appleCare=Y

Check that out. Lets you check stock of stores and make reservations to pick up your phone. This is what I did. Refreshes at 8am local time. Although technically for the iPhone upgrade program, they didn't say a word to me about using att next.

I'm new here so to speak...usually lurk from time to time, but decided to join so I could share this info in case no one knew about it. Good luck guys!
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a 7+, 128gb, matte black. Received confirmation for pickup today😀😀. I guess I'll have to cancel my online order for the one I ordered on 9/9 which is still processing.

Bunch of stores have 7 showing up in VA today, but no 7+ still. Glad folks are finding what they want
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Bunch of stores have 7 showing up in VA today, but no 7+ still. Glad folks are finding what they want
    What part of VA? I am in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach area and we have two apple stores close to each other. Even though I am not planning on upgrading until late November, I still like to share the info with friends that are looking.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

I found a black 7+ in New Jersey 2.5 hours away from me! IF only i didnt work tomorrow id be driving! LOL
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by applefan4515 View Post
    Worth noting that I have read on other forums about people using this method and getting turned down by some apple employees, with the employee stating that you just be in the iPhone upgrade program. However, most the stories, like mine, they didn't even question it. I just told them I was using att next when they said something about the upgrade plan. I guess, and I can't confirm this since I never received the confirmation email for the reservation, that it says in the email that you don't have to use the upgrade program, and can pay with carrier financing or even outright.
    I live in NY. Checked that link on Sunday night at about 1215 pm. I was traveling to Minneapolis the next day. Check the stores and was able to reserve a 7 plus matte black 256gb for ATT. Paid full price. Was never questioned.
    eyecrispy and DianaAW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by garment69 View Post
    I live in NY. Checked that link on Sunday night at about 1215 pm. I was traveling to Minneapolis the next day. Check the stores and was able to reserve a 7 plus matte black 256gb for ATT. Paid full price. Was never questioned.
    My friend used the link to get his 128gb 7plus yesterday. He literally walked in, paid for the phone and walked out. Was not questioned either. Since I had been there just before him, he knew that the Verizon model would activate just fine on AT&T, so he didn't have to stick around.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

The site changes at random. Ive checked every hour and have gotten a different result.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

One thing I noticed is that on the initial selection page, it would show stock, but once I got signed in, it would disappear. One store in particular kept showing the same model available for a 4:30pm appt., but when I'd actually select it, it'd say "no appointments available". So the "fluctuations" may not actually be indicative of stock becoming available.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

I was able to reserve a Silver 128GB for AT&T, but I'm tempted to continue waiting for my Jet Black 128 that I preordered.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer8 View Post
    What part of VA? I am in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach area and we have two apple stores close to each other. Even though I am not planning on upgrading until late November, I still like to share the info with friends that are looking.
    Northern Virginia, there are a bunch up here
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

Every store near me has at least one color of 7 Plus, all 128gb models. AT&T and T-Mobile at most stores but every store has at least AT&T. I got mine on launch day but if you live in GA look it up!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Does anyone know if you have a Verizon Business plan ,that still covers subsidy pricing, can do this reservation and have it follow those parameters, if you can get pass the Apple upgrade disclaimer?
    mjb0314 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Well, I just found my phone at an Apple Store about an hour away. Going to be tuff making it at the reserved time, but going to do my best. I have to cancel my BBY preorder before I go pick this up, correct? I'm a little concerned about doing that without the phone actually in my hands. I don't guess there's any way around that though. I need to put this one on my ATT Next plan. I would rather do the Apple Upgrade but don't know if its possible to switch since my trade in is the balance owed on my Next plan. Anyone know about those two questions: Do I have to cancel preorder before picking up this one and can I switch from ATT Next to Apple Upgrade Plan?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

So everything worked out for me reserving a plus this morning and going into Apple and upgrading on my Verizon Business account. iPhone Upgrade Program never came up. Happy New Matte Black 7+ 128GB owner.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Still trying to find a Plus in the Houston area, seems they still only have just the 7 in stock unless I just keep missing it throughout the day!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

Reserved myself a BM 7 Plus for 5pm. Cleveland.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

I reserved a 7 plus matte black finally! I am going to exchange my 7 plus rose gold for it! Jayk82 i refreshed every 10 min and the stock changed that quick.
    DianaAW, eyecrispy and erwaso like this.
    lv1
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

I went to get my iPhone that I was able to reserve the night before at an Apple Store in Reston, VA.. I also had a phone that was pre-ordered from Apple on a two year Verizon agreement that was "preparing for shipment" from Apple. When I got to the Apple store they were not able to sell me the reserved phone until I cancelled the one that was on pre-order. I had to call Apple and they refused to cancel the pre-ordered phone because they said that it was laready turned over to the shipper. After about 20 minutes and getting nowhere, I called Verizon and they were able to put the phone I reserved against another wireless line that I had and then they switched the phone number back to me. The whole process took about 1.5 hours. When the other phone is delivered, I can take it back to Apple for a refund.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DianaAW View Post
    Well, I just found my phone at an Apple Store about an hour away. Going to be tuff making it at the reserved time, but going to do my best. I have to cancel my BBY preorder before I go pick this up, correct? I'm a little concerned about doing that without the phone actually in my hands. I don't guess there's any way around that though. I need to put this one on my ATT Next plan. I would rather do the Apple Upgrade but don't know if its possible to switch since my trade in is the balance owed on my Next plan. Anyone know about those two questions: Do I have to cancel preorder before picking up this one and can I switch from ATT Next to Apple Upgrade Plan?
    Unbelievable! I just got an email from Best Buy that my phone is ready to pick up today. GRRRR! I'm calling to store to make sure before I cancel my Apple Store reservation.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,729 Global Posts

Cancel your BB order and call AT&T to reinstate your upgrade. That's what I did on the way to my appt to pick mine up. Found it an hour away also.
    iMore Newbie

Unbelievable! I just got an email from Best Buy that my phone is ready to pick up today. GRRRR! I'm calling to store to make sure before I cancel my Apple Store reservation.
    So I checked my local BBY and my phone is indeed there waiting to be picked up. I checked the status this morning before I made the reservation at the Apple Store and it still said Processing like its said since I placed it on 9/9. So I cancelled the Apple Store reservation and will be picking up my 256 7+ RB in about an hour AND I get to keep my $100 GC. Plus my new Spigen phone case is supposed to also be delivering today. It will be a miracle if this all works out without some kind of hitch. My life just doesn't work without a few hitches somewhere. Here's hoping the screen is good and isn't making any funny noises and doesn't stutter. That's alot to hope for I know!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

So I checked my local BBY and my phone is indeed there waiting to be picked up. I checked the status this morning before I made the reservation at the Apple Store and it still said Processing like its said since I placed it on 9/9. So I cancelled the Apple Store reservation and will be picking up my 256 7+ RB in about an hour AND I get to keep my $100 GC. Plus my new Spigen phone case is supposed to also be delivering today. It will be a miracle if this all works out without some kind of hitch. My life just doesn't work without a few hitches somewhere. Here's hoping the screen is good and isn't making any funny noises and doesn't stutter. That's alot to hope for I know!
    Awesome congrats! Enjoy! For future reference, like next year if you miss your reservation time there is a certain amount of time (days) they hold the device. But when you get there you may have to wait for a rep to help you. They won't release your device for a standard period of time. They understand accidents happen, etc.
    DianaAW likes this.
    iMore Newbie

It's so expensive in my country
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

I see some conflicting information.

Are all iPhones they sell at the Apple store under their own program usable on any of the networks? So, is there a reason I could not order the sprint variety and use on AT&T?

I understand the whole CDMA/GSM thing; however, from my understanding these are all unlocked and usable on any of the networks.

Will Apple not allow me to purchase a Sprint variety and use on AT&T?

Thanks.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast