Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tartarus
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Apple's Headphone jack lightning adapter is not a good solution

I would imagine this has been discussed elsewhere. I would like to point out that for those who have invested in wired headphones, they have realized that the Lightning adapter supplied by apple is not a good solution apart from the possibility of it getting lost
    I have Bose sound sport workout earbuds. Yesterday, I used the Lightning adapter for a workout at the gym.
    A phone call came in . I could not answer it with my Bose headset as the microphone will not work with the Lightning adapter attached to the headset. Second, the volume buttons on the headset do not work with the Lightning adapter attached.
    I also have Bose noise cancelling wired earbuds which I love to take with me on trips. I would imagine I will have the same problem.
    So I will have to buy new headphones that are wireless Unless hopefully a third party will comes up with a better solution.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Apple's Headphone jack lightning adapter is not a good solution

Hey
    Theres a adapter for jack cables which u can put in the lightning. That should solve ur problem.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ekneeiphone View Post
    I would imagine this has been discussed elsewhere. I would like to point out that for those who have invested in wired headphones, they have realized that the Lightning adapter supplied by apple is not a good solution apart from the possibility of it getting lost
    I have Bose sound sport workout earbuds. Yesterday, I used the Lightning adapter for a workout at the gym.
    A phone call came in . I could not answer it with my Bose headset as the microphone will not work with the Lightning adapter attached to the headset. Second, the volume buttons on the headset do not work with the Lightning adapter attached.
    I also have Bose noise cancelling wired earbuds which I love to take with me on trips. I would imagine I will have the same problem.
    So I will have to buy new headphones that are wireless Unless hopefully a third party will comes up with a better solution.
    If you want to replace your EarPods because of this issue, go wireless. Wired headphones on iPhone are numbered.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,994 Global Posts

It's not a good solution because you could lose it? Seriously?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
    It's not a good solution because you could lose it? Seriously?
    Did you not read the rest of the post, or just decide to ignore the rest and comment on that one phrase?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ekneeiphone View Post
    I had assumed the dongle would give me full functionality to my wired headset and the controls on them. That's really surprising. I have quite a few Bose headsets, wired, which I use around the house or walking the dogs or on a flight for video. My BT I use when when biking or running, but they have a lag for video. That's troubling, my BT, power beats 2,headphones also aren't great for chatting with. Ok, this took me off the fence on upgrading. I thought the dongle, which I'm not happy a bout, would give me full functionality. And given what another poster said, about lack of dac on the included lightning phones which made the audio quality worse than EarPods....

My JBL Synchros In-Ear headphones works just fine with everything. I was able to play, pause, volume up and down and use Siri with the adapter attached to it.
    jj2339 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    24,646 Global Posts

Interesting.I wonder if for some reason,there are compatibility issues with some headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Interesting.I wonder if for some reason,there are compatibility issues with some headphones.
    Try wiping of your jack with a fiber cloth.
    It could be greasy, smudgy or just dirty, which prevents it from working.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Newbie

That's not the point. That is what others complained about Did you read?
    To reiterate, you can not use the microphone on the Bose to speak when a phone call comes in. Che party on the call can not hear you. Also you can not adjust the volume of the sound from the headset using the volume button on the headset.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Newbie

The jack allows you to play the music. Again, I'm referring to using the microphone on the headset to speak during phone calls and the volume adjustor on the headset does not work with the adapter.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Newbie

Not with Bose, which is one of the most popular headsets. It may be different with each brand or model.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

So can anyone confirm the Bose QC 15 headphone works with the iphone 7 plus?
    iMore Nanite

I have the same complaint about this headphone adapter. At least with the QC20, the controls don't work.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I have the Bose QC15 with the Bose Apple adapter which has worked well with my 6plus when I am in the yard mowing the lawn I can hear a call coming in. I am not sure if it will work with the 7plus I ordered?
    Anyone try this?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

Go back to the 6s. problem solved
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iMore Newbie

The 6s uses the 3.5 traditional jack. It was removed for the 7. You need to use the Lightning adapter included in the box to use your wired headphones with the 7 models.