Apple's Headphone jack lightning adapter is not a good solution

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I would imagine this has been discussed elsewhere. I would like to point out that for those who have invested in wired headphones, they have realized that the Lightning adapter supplied by apple is not a good solution apart from the possibility of it getting lost
I have Bose sound sport workout earbuds. Yesterday, I used the Lightning adapter for a workout at the gym.
A phone call came in . I could not answer it with my Bose headset as the microphone will not work with the Lightning adapter attached to the headset. Second, the volume buttons on the headset do not work with the Lightning adapter attached.
I also have Bose noise cancelling wired earbuds which I love to take with me on trips. I would imagine I will have the same problem.
So I will have to buy new headphones that are wireless Unless hopefully a third party will comes up with a better solution.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I would imagine this has been discussed elsewhere. I would like to point out that for those who have invested in wired headphones, they have realized that the Lightning adapter supplied by apple is not a good solution apart from the possibility of it getting lost
I have Bose sound sport workout earbuds. Yesterday, I used the Lightning adapter for a workout at the gym.
A phone call came in . I could not answer it with my Bose headset as the microphone will not work with the Lightning adapter attached to the headset. Second, the volume buttons on the headset do not work with the Lightning adapter attached.
I also have Bose noise cancelling wired earbuds which I love to take with me on trips. I would imagine I will have the same problem.
So I will have to buy new headphones that are wireless Unless hopefully a third party will comes up with a better solution.

If you want to replace your EarPods because of this issue, go wireless. Wired headphones on iPhone are numbered.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I had assumed the dongle would give me full functionality to my wired headset and the controls on them. That's really surprising. I have quite a few Bose headsets, wired, which I use around the house or walking the dogs or on a flight for video. My BT I use when when biking or running, but they have a lag for video. That's troubling, my BT, power beats 2,headphones also aren't great for chatting with. Ok, this took me off the fence on upgrading. I thought the dongle, which I'm not happy a bout, would give me full functionality. And given what another poster said, about lack of dac on the included lightning phones which made the audio quality worse than EarPods....

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My JBL Synchros In-Ear headphones works just fine with everything. I was able to play, pause, volume up and down and use Siri with the adapter attached to it.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That's not the point. That is what others complained about Did you read?
To reiterate, you can not use the microphone on the Bose to speak when a phone call comes in. Che party on the call can not hear you. Also you can not adjust the volume of the sound from the headset using the volume button on the headset.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The jack allows you to play the music. Again, I'm referring to using the microphone on the headset to speak during phone calls and the volume adjustor on the headset does not work with the adapter.

lensterman

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the Bose QC15 with the Bose Apple adapter which has worked well with my 6plus when I am in the yard mowing the lawn I can hear a call coming in. I am not sure if it will work with the 7plus I ordered?
Anyone try this?

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The 6s uses the 3.5 traditional jack. It was removed for the 7. You need to use the Lightning adapter included in the box to use your wired headphones with the 7 models.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner