iPhone newbie here.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Why I can't I get the recent music to show in the recent music widget?
3a496f968aff62f557958741b3331e2a.jpg

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been flipping back and forth between Android and iPhone. Have a Note 5 but ordered black 128gb Plus today. The battery life on my Note was becoming horrible, the Plus's is amazing.You'll be pleased to find many Google apps work well. You can even use Google Music if you subscribe. Maps, Drive both work. Voice recognition on Siri subpar compared to Android. Love the iOS notification panel like depicted above. All your Android type widgets there. iOS is slick and efficient. Really don't need tips. This thing drives itself.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Also, not sure what keyboard you used on Android (I use Swiftkey on Android devices) but I've found the GBoard app that google released exclusively to iPhone for now is a great swiping keyboard choice. The text prediction is not quite as good as Swiftkey....on an Android phone......but the swiping feel etc. is much better than Swiftkey on iOS. Good luck with getting everything set up. I just made the switch myself last year, started out on Android with the OG Droid. I'm guessing you already figured it out a few posts back but yeah you can definitely set it to use your Google contacts and calendar and it works really well I think. Of course Google photos definitely works as well which is a big plus for me. I have 15GB+ of storage space with Google (free) vs. the 5GB Apple gives "out of the box".

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
First day on iPhone . I also came from Android and Windows Mobile. I find the Google services with the iOS running them is a near perfect combination. Now if I could just find that damn back button lol

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
First day on iPhone . I also came from Android and Windows Mobile. I find the Google services with the iOS running them is a near perfect combination. Now if I could just find that damn back button lol

I'm doing okay, but the back button is missed.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
How do you clear app cache on this thing? I have followed some directions, but they don't work. Only deleting and reinstalling works for me.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you clear app cache on this thing? I have followed some directions, but they don't work. Only deleting and reinstalling works for me.

Unfortunately there is no way to clear the cache in a particular app. Battery Doctor app used to do that but I don't believe it's available anymore. The only thing to do is exactly what you're doing, uninstalled and reinstall.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Coming from Android, iOS does some really odd things. I mean, is it that big of a deal to let us change the name of an app?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73