What's your opinion on the home button? What setting are you using?

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is on 1...to be honest I didn't realize what the home button setting was for until I saw this thread. So I revisited it and am going to stick with 1 as I'm already getting used to it.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
OK, folks know my negativity on the audio jack, but I actually like the home button idea. Though I think they could have done a lot better by using a smaller Taptic engine and keeping the audio jack on the Plus version. Too much, too far, too stupid. Keep it real Apple.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I still love and much prefer the feel of the new home button. I started out with the 3rd setting but switched to the 2nd.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely like the new button. I love the fact it's not a mechanical button anymore and they can mimic the feel of a real button with the Taptic Engine. My biggest complaint with the old home button was that over time dust would get captured underneath it and drive me crazy.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm using both my 7 and 6 now and every time I grab the 6 the mechanical button feels very odd, very strange.
I didn't know I'd get used to the new button this quick, in only less than 36 hours.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm using both my 7 and 6 now and every time I grab the 6 the mechanical button feels very odd, very strange.
I didn't know I'd get used to the new button this quick, in only less than 36 hours.

Agree. Have a work issued 6s and now a personal 7. Did an expense report on my 6s in Concur App and it was odd after using 7 since Friday.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Adjusting to it on my iPhone 7 (not +)... setting is at 3. I also turned off the raise to wake, and enabled the touch / rest finger to open to avoid the pressing.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've heard some complaining about the home button but I think it is great! I have it set to 3 now and It really feels like a button. It is weird when the phone is powered off and you try to push it though.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Definitely like the new button. I love the fact it's not a mechanical button anymore and they can mimic the feel of a real button with the Taptic Engine. My biggest complaint with the old home button was that over time dust would get captured underneath it and drive me crazy.

I didn't like that the "real" home button often clicked really loud for me. I prefer what is implemented now.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I have to say I don't like it when I ride my motorcycle.. it seems like it needs the heat from your finger to register. With gloves on it never turns on and my gloves are smart phone friendly. Worked perfect on the 6s plus.... that's the only downfall I see, oh and pressing with your finger nail doesn't register either

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Its still a little odd for me...but to be fair, I still haven't got used to the haptic touchpad on my Macbook Pro either, and I've had it for quite a while now. Something about it just isn't as satisfying as a full on mechanical depression to me, but its hardly a "complaint", just a personal preference that I hopefully grow out of.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't actually have my phone yet so I can't say what setting i'll actually use. However I was in a best buy last night and looked at the new colors and played with the home "button" a bit and I like it. Maybe it's because I just came from Android a year ago and have never been a big fan of the physical home button, but the touch "button" with the bit of haptic feedback feels way better to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods