What's your opinion on the home button? What setting are you using?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Started out on 1, went to two for a while, now back on 1. I think I like it there. I wasn't a big fan of the clicky mechanical button though and 1 reminds me of the haptic feedback from previous Android/Windows phones I've had when pressing similar use "buttons".

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 7 Plus for my wife a couple of days ago but am using it first to see how the phone is. Gotta say, I'm not liking the home button. I've tried all three settings and "1" is the one I'm most comfortable with. But I just don't like it. Doesn't feel like a press down at all instead of just feeling the engine literally shaking the phone. In other words, it doesn't feel as natural as the trackpad with force touch those Macbooks are. I'm very curious how Apple will do things when they remove the home button completely. Which I'm sure they will and there will be a bigger doodie-storm than the headphone jack removal.

To be fair, I was skeptical on the first day I got it, and even the second. Almost a week in now and I had to boot up my old iPhone 6s to transfer some pictures and the home button on the 6s felt reaaally awkward.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Using setting two. Feels fine to me. Hard to engage the click when the phone is laying on a soft surface i.e. The bed.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i like the new home button it works great i use setting 2 but personally i wish i could turn off the haptic feedback all together.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my phone the new non-button was a little weird. After using it for only a few hours it wasn't weird anymore. I'm using the #2 setting for my home button.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just feel like I am still going to break it. I feel like it still is a regular button. My mind won't stop telling me not to use it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No complaints honestly. I do sometimes press with the tip of my finger as I did on previous iPhones. So it's just a matter of understanding the difference. Overall I don't have an opinion for or against the change. As long as it works, I'm good.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Played with it at the store today. Do not see myself having a problem with it. Makes less noise, therefore I'm all for it.

jjayr41

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
My first iPhone since IP3g and use an iPad Pro. Coming from android, I really like the new home button compared to the previous home button.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 2, 3 was just too much. However, I'm definitely going to have a learning curve with it. I've been using an iPhone since the 3G and I've become so accustomed to the button that it just throws me off. Also, the presses aren't 100% accurate. With time though...

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i like the new home button it works great i use setting 2 but personally i wish i could turn off the haptic feedback all together.

If you want to turn off haptic feedback altogether, head over to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > System Haptics > Off

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2