What's your opinion on the home button? What setting are you using?

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Took me a bit to get used to it but I'm stuck on setting 3 and I can't tell the difference it feels like a real button

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
After using it for a couple weeks now, I love it. Setting 1. I never liked the big clunky feel of the one on my previous 6s+ but that was also my first iPhone coming from the world of Android with on screen buttons etc. So setting 1 feels great to me. I don't feel the need to replicate the feel of a physical button via setting 2 or 3.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was on setting three for a week but now I have gone down to setting two and I think this is the one for me.

I used setting three so that I could get used to the new home button, which I absolutely love, by the way. I vastly prefer this taptic feedback button to the old mechanical home button.

Snoopy-Hessen

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Don't have mine yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll use 1. I knew to Apple and don't like things to vibrate when I touch them. I wish there was an option to turn it off.

100 % agree!
I have never used vibrate alarms.
First thing I will do with my new 7 Plus 256GB jet black after receiving end of October is to search the option to turn it off!

It is very nice to have a more reliable Home button but vibration is not necessary.

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It seems okay however I'm having problems with Touch ID. At first I wasn't noticing why or the cause however I noticed a post on the Apple Forums and someone posted that when he has his iphone plugged in, Touch ID does not work. So I thought I would try this. Leaving my 7 Plus plugged into my Macbook, Touch ID fails to work. I unplugged it and Touch ID works flawlessly. I plugged it into the wall charger, Touch ID works. I tried the same with my 6s and Touch ID works on all 3 tests. I'm curious why having it plugged into my mac basically kills Touch ID?

I'm returning a 3rd party lighting cable that I bought at the Apple store today so I'll let them know tomorrow. I gotta restore my phone to see if it fixes a screen issue I have as well. They tried resetting the settings but once I got to the car it came back. If the restore don't work than might be getting it replaced unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox