Emoji predictions not coming up

alengman

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to 7plus and the predictive emojis does not seem to work. Went back to my 6s plus and it comes up. I compare the settings and they are identical. I tried disabling iMessage and prediction under keyboard but bot sick.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
1f7e7d45146381d6aa8ff812176d0386.jpg

Hmm not sure what the problem could be, but it works on mine.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Not working on mine either. My wife is laughing at me with her 6. If I tap the emoji icon after typing a message it will turn the words that can be changed to an orange color. You can then tap the words to change to an emoji. I don't like the extra step.

alengman

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get it working. Try typing a bunch of random emojis into a text. Hit return to begin a new line, and type a word that you would expect predictive emojis for. Then it started working for me.

robsawalker

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Is the Emoji keyboard added in keyboards? I don't think it will add them unless it is. Go into settings and add Emoji keyboard and it will then work.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I was able to get it working. Try typing a bunch of random emojis into a text. Hit return to begin a new line, and type a word that you would expect predictive emojis for. Then it started working for me.

OMG Thank you! This was driving me crazy last night. The interwebs had all sorts of solutions (turn prediction off/on, reboot, delete keyboard, reboot etc) and none of them worked. This worked right away!

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
After you type a sentence, hits the Emoji button and it'll show you all the words that could be replaced with Emoji's.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2