9:13 very clear to see (IMOP). I don't like it.
    Wow, that's pretty bad.
    09-18-2016 02:16 PM
    I think the 6s is slightly blue. Your eyes have to adjust to the color. I experience this every time I change monitors. Sometimes the screens can have a tint which could be a defect but give it a week. If you really want it completely your choice to exchange the phone and I would base that on manufacturers defect. This is the great thing about customer support!
    09-18-2016 02:52 PM
    Makes me wonder if it isnt an issue in the firmware of the device that isnt detecting or registering the new wide gamut display properly so it isnt tuning the colors correctly.
    09-18-2016 04:22 PM
    I picked up my 7 plus today. Compared it to my 6s plus. No yellow whatsoever. Doesn't look the same, but actually looks better
    09-18-2016 07:24 PM
    Good to hear. I did see that there is a setting that will let you adjust the W/B on the phone. Under accessibility, so maybe some phone just aren't calibrated correctly from the factory.
    09-18-2016 08:48 PM

It's slightly more yellow. This is both phones side by side. I couldn't tell until I took a photo to be honest.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-19-2016 08:52 AM
    I'm a little surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, that you can fully change the temp/hue, in Accessibility with iOS10. It's even more impressive with the wide color gamut in the 7's.

Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color Filters. You can fully customize the temperature.

I played with a 7 a few days ago that had a "warm" display, and I was able to get it as "cool" as the Note 5 I had for reference. Identical. And the Note 5 has what would be considered a cool display.

So, before anyone returns their 7... definitely try out the new color control. I think a lot of people are unaware of this. You don't have to stick with the warmer default

Edit: I see badmojo69 mentioned accessibility white balance above... but I just wanted to make sure people know you have much more control than you may think, over hue/temp.
    Last edited by Hoggles; 09-19-2016 at 09:17 AM.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-19-2016 09:06 AM
    I'm a little surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, that you can fully change the temp/hue, in Accessibility with iOS10. It's even more impressive with the wide color gamut in the 7's.

Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color Filters. You can fully customize the temperature.

I played with a 7 a few days ago that had a "warm" display, and I was able to get it as "cool" as the Note 5 I had for reference. Identical. And the Note 5 has what would be considered a cool display.

So, before anyone returns their 7... definitely try out the new color control. I think a lot of people are unaware of this. You don't have to stick with the warmer default

Edit: I see badmojo69 mentioned accessibility white balance above... but I just wanted to make sure people know you have much more control than you may think, over hue/temp.
    While the warmer color is somewhat of a bother, I think the thing bothering those who have the issue the most is that the brightness is nowhere near the advertised 25% brighter than the iPhone 6s and 6s plus. This has even been tested by measuring the brightness and it's actually dimmer.
    Shawn0813 likes this.
    09-19-2016 06:30 PM
    I still have the 6S Plus as a spare, and I compared the two side by side and the 7 Plus is definitely a bit different in terms of the white level of the screen. I noticed it almost immediately upon setting up the phone, but it doesn't detract from the device honestly for me, as I usually keep my brightness slightly dimmed anyways so it makes a bit less noticeable (for me anyways).

I'd really like to see some color settings eventually added to the iPhone, especially because they want this to be such a major media device (for watching things and playing games), but there are quite a few things they need to address before that.
    09-19-2016 08:23 PM
    I still have the 6S Plus as a spare, and I compared the two side by side and the 7 Plus is definitely a bit different in terms of the white level of the screen. I noticed it almost immediately upon setting up the phone, but it doesn't detract from the device honestly for me, as I usually keep my brightness slightly dimmed anyways so it makes a bit less noticeable (for me anyways).

I'd really like to see some color settings eventually added to the iPhone, especially because they want this to be such a major media device (for watching things and playing games), but there are quite a few things they need to address before that.
    What kind of color settlngs?
    09-19-2016 08:50 PM
    A little warm for my taste, but that's mostly because right now I'm using it next to my cooler iPad and MacBook.
    09-19-2016 09:34 PM
    Hoggles - thanks for that!!! I have a 7Plus ordered, and was considering cancelling it due to this issue. But if I can "cool down" the display, then I'll be a happy camper.
    09-20-2016 08:30 AM
37 12