Are you for real? The folks at Foxconn already work in sub-optimal conditions, but yeah let's make their jobs even more difficult so you can get your $700 phone a week earlier. Most of those workers could never dream to buy an iPhone and yet you're complaining because you didn't get what you were "promised". Get some perspective.
    Wow! I was being sarcastic to the person I was responding to...hence promised being in quotes! I'm typing this post on my 7 plus so go fight your little battle with someone else.
    PDXMatt likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:20 AM
    I do feel like stock was rearranged to fulfill their own preorders, prior to being shipped to retail partners.
    09-17-2016 10:28 AM
    Wow! I was being sarcastic to the person I was responding to...hence promised being in quotes! I'm typing this post on my 7 plus so go fight your little battle with someone else.
    My bad, I guess I missed the sarcasm. The level of entitlement in some of these threads is ridiculous and your post pushed it over the edge, but I missed the context.
    Shanicenicolle and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-17-2016 10:31 AM
    I do feel like stock was rearranged to fulfill their own preorders, prior to being shipped to retail partners.
    I definitely agree. I actually thought that was always the case. I read an article yesterday that said that because there is a class action lawsuit against Apple for the upgrade program, stock was pulled to get those people their phones first. I don't know how true it is but it makes sense.
    09-17-2016 10:31 AM
    My bad, I guess I missed the sarcasm. The level of entitlement in some of these threads is ridiculous and your post pushed it over the edge, but I missed the context.
    No biggie and I agree. After reading some of the posts in these threads I actually thought about the people at Foxconn the other day and I felt really bad. They can only do so much. Things sell out. That's it. I felt good knowing I had a phone for me and it was on the way. I had no choice but to wait until I got it. I just happened to get it yesterday. Apple said the phone released on the 16th. They didn't promise that everyone would get one.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:37 AM
    Every year people complain about the same thing. Learn some patience and wait until the model you want is on stock.
    tinybfk and taeisme like this.
    09-17-2016 10:49 AM
    I went in to Apples site at 12:03am PST - Selected my iPhone 7 Plus in black. Elected to upgrade my AT&T 6s Plus and had a confirmation email at 12:06am ... iPhone arrived yesterday as promised. I am a happy camper, have done it this way several times.
    09-17-2016 12:48 PM
    Based on your thread title you must work in the media field.
    09-17-2016 01:08 PM
    I definitely agree. I actually thought that was always the case. I read an article yesterday that said that because there is a class action lawsuit against Apple for the upgrade program, stock was pulled to get those people their phones first. I don't know how true it is but it makes sense.
    I made the mistake of preordering from AT&T, which may have added to my delay.
    09-17-2016 01:29 PM
    I'm not trying to complain but Apple did a terrible job with inventory on the 7+. 5 att stores in my area received zero 7+. Best buy didn't even have any shipped to them either. I'll never understand why apple does this to us, the customers. They know which colors will sell out (both black phones) and which ones won't as quickly (rose gold/silver).

Due to their **** poor planning, nobody is getting anything. But there were plenty of iPhone 7s that I could get but cmon, everyone knows the 7+ is the better of the two!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Apple should have known better. There is no excuse to not have any plus in stores. You allot so many for preorders and allow some to be in store. What kind of launch doesn't even have the device in store?
    09-17-2016 02:25 PM
    What is the big deal on getting it on or near launch day? This is a two year commitment and if you have to wait a few weeks to get the phone, so what?

Apple is the king of marketing and these "inventory" issues is just more marketing, keeping up the demand. The more people crave the phone, the more they will ultimately sell.

This is exactly like every other launch. They dribble it out and keep the conversation going. I will get mine, but I sure as heck that I will not be sitting outside an Apple store to get it.

With the new OS, my 6S+ is like a brand new phone anyway
    09-17-2016 04:38 PM
    Are you for real? The folks at Foxconn already work in sub-optimal conditions, but yeah let's make their jobs even more difficult so you can get your $700 phone a week earlier. Most of those workers could never dream to buy an iPhone and yet you're complaining because you didn't get what you were "promised". Get some perspective.
    Take it easy.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-17-2016 05:10 PM
    Apple should've had a better inventory on hand. Period( or they should've waited a extra week before releasing). I agree though, im sure it's all "marketing" and taking advantage of free advertising however.

In my opinion, they should stagger all the releases of new devices and by stagger I mean... open to online pre orders one week, the next move into Apple stores and then after another week release to carriers that way supply can be capable of meeting demand.
    evangel77 likes this.
    09-17-2016 06:24 PM
    What is the big deal on getting it on or near launch day? This is a two year commitment and if you have to wait a few weeks to get the phone, so what?

Apple is the king of marketing and these "inventory" issues is just more marketing, keeping up the demand. The more people crave the phone, the more they will ultimately sell.

This is exactly like every other launch. They dribble it out and keep the conversation going. I will get mine, but I sure as heck that I will not be sitting outside an Apple store to get it.

With the new OS, my 6S+ is like a brand new phone anyway
    Never had a phone for 2 years, in the last 6 months i have had 6s plus to 5C to SE to 6S plus to 6S to 6S plus will wait for a deal on a 7.
    PDXMatt likes this.
    09-17-2016 06:34 PM
    iPhone releases will always be a joke.
    09-17-2016 08:39 PM
    iPhone releases will always be a joke.
    But they don't have to be.
    09-18-2016 12:13 AM
    But they don't have to be.
    You're right, but this is their choice.
    09-18-2016 12:53 AM
    Apple should've had a better inventory on hand. Period( or they should've waited a extra week before releasing). I agree though, im sure it's all "marketing" and taking advantage of free advertising however.

In my opinion, they should stagger all the releases of new devices and by stagger I mean... open to online pre orders one week, the next move into Apple stores and then after another week release to carriers that way supply can be capable of meeting demand.
    Agreed...Patience is virtue, i don't want getting disappointed.
    09-18-2016 03:50 AM
    I didn't order in launch day because I wanted to see the jet black in person before deciding what colour to get.
    I ultimately got the Rose Gold mainly because that's the colour of my watch.
    So my ship date is Oct 12-18.
    First time since the 5 that I haven't had the phone on launch day. My fault for my indecision.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-18-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    09-18-2016 05:43 AM
    I live and work in the marketing world. This is not a shortage or miscalculation or a mistake of any sort. This is planned! This is exactly what Apple wants. They know that the public craves what they can not have. They build up the demand and let the phones trickle out just as slow as they can to keep the demand up.

If they sent every Best Buy and Apple Store a million phones each there would be no lines at stores, no threads about "how can I get one". They know that a few months from now they will have sold more phones than if they just released them all at launch.

I had an Apple employee tell me that they had more phones in the back but were only allowed to sell so many per day ( I think it was the launch of the 6).

I am not saying that I am immune from the hype. I was in the the store and they had "just a couple left" and I scooped them up even though I was not in the store looking for them. I was looking at an ipad and left with two phones.

It is brilliant and incredibly effective and I applaud Apple for being so smart
    09-18-2016 07:30 AM
    Frankly, I've never preordered a single iPhone I've ever had simply because of all the hype/excitement/frustration/disappointment that seems to go with it so much of the time...and has increased lately. I've got a lot more important things on my life-plate than letting myself get freaked out over a phone.

I've always waited at least a week after launch day, walked into a local carrier store, and pretty much gotten what I wanted. My only miscue was not being patient enough to wait, & buying a 128gb 6 when all I needed was a smaller size because it was all they had left, and I got a big case of "gottohaveitnowitis"...but even so, I was in & out of the store in less than 30-minutes. Much better than the stress & worry of preordering...for me, at least.
    09-18-2016 08:04 AM
    Nobody could get anything. Is this why every single iPhone 7 Plus sold out?
    09-18-2016 08:09 AM
    Nobody could get anything. Is this why every single iPhone 7 Plus sold out?
    So it let me request an iPhone plus I pick up in store today...has anyone else been able to acheive this?
    09-18-2016 12:26 PM
    Frankly, I've never preordered a single iPhone I've ever had simply because of all the hype/excitement/frustration/disappointment that seems to go with it so much of the time...and has increased lately. I've got a lot more important things on my life-plate than letting myself get freaked out over a phone.

I've always waited at least a week after launch day, walked into a local carrier store, and pretty much gotten what I wanted. My only miscue was not being patient enough to wait, & buying a 128gb 6 when all I needed was a smaller size because it was all they had left, and I got a big case of "gottohaveitnowitis"...but even so, I was in & out of the store in less than 30-minutes. Much better than the stress & worry of preordering...for me, at least.
    Last year was my only time to pre-order. It came September 25, launch day. My only problem was FedEx not delivering until after 6 pm. It was rough watching everyone here get theirs while I was pacing my porch.
    09-18-2016 03:43 PM
    So today, I looked on the reservation stock site for apple and they had 7 pluses available! I made a reservation and went to pick mine up! I am so excited to have it!!! The guy who was upgrading me said that he was shocked I was able to do it because they had preorders to fufill...
    09-18-2016 04:00 PM
91 1234