Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.
    dchandler and Mikeglo like this.
    09-16-2016 08:22 AM
    If they didn't get any , then they didn't get any.. Supply issue... You will get one next week for sure. Good luck!
    09-16-2016 08:26 AM
    I totally get that they didnt get any. You would think that Apple would have been better prepared and had the stock to at least keep up a little. I was like 3rd on the list for a Black 7 Plus at my local store and for them to not receive any Plus 7's is crazy!
    Premium1 and Mikeglo like this.
    09-16-2016 08:38 AM
    Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.
    This is what I've been saying: The devices may be very nice but absolutely nothing is worth getting treated like that when you pay top dollar for a product, sorry.
    09-16-2016 08:41 AM
    That's why I never go through Best Buy. They told me years ago that their pre-order was just a list to get it when it came in and that they could never guarantee what they would have on launch day.
    09-16-2016 08:42 AM

I know getting your phone is important to you but did Best Buy offer a $100 credit to purchase anything from their store? I would think that's a good compromise.
    09-16-2016 08:42 AM
    This is what I been saying. Like many apple fans I enjoyed the excitment of getting the newest phone on launch day but as I have gotten a older and wiser I realized that its really not worth the hassle/ uncertainty sometimes of rushing out to get the phone on launch day. The phone isn't going anywhere and by waiting you will have a easier time getting the phone size, storage, and color you want without being a long line or being told it's sold out etc.
    09-16-2016 08:49 AM
    We just got our shipment of iPhone 7 pluses in. We had several people here when we opened that did not get phones.
    luvesuga and DarlaMack like this.
    09-16-2016 08:52 AM
    Where did the pluses come in at?
    09-16-2016 08:58 AM
    I preordered a watch, Series 1, for my wife through Best Buy to be shipped to my house. It originally said due to my house today but I got an email this morning saying that it won't be here until October 7th. Luckily my wife's birthday is the 9th I guess. What bothers me is that every Best Buy near me has the watch in stock today but I am unable to change my order to pick up. Kind of dumb to me.
    09-16-2016 09:01 AM
    That's why I never go through Best Buy. They told me years ago that their pre-order was just a list to get it when it came in and that they could never guarantee what they would have on launch day.
    Some people who went to pick up at Apple had the same experience.
    09-16-2016 09:14 AM
    Some people who went to pick up at Apple had the same experience.
    Did the people at the Apple store have a reservation? Or are you talking about walk-ins ?
    luvesuga likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:19 AM
    Reservations.
    09-16-2016 09:20 AM
    Reservations.

How can they not have peoples reservations? They actually wanted payment up front this year.
    I received an email this morning that my reservation is ready for pick up to check in at 4:30. They better have my phone! LOL
    09-16-2016 09:29 AM
    How can they not have peoples reservations? They actually wanted payment up front this year.
    I received an email this morning that my reservation is ready for pick up to check in at 4:30. They better have my phone! LOL
    These people reserved their phones on preorder day but never got the ready for pick up email. They called Apple and they said it should be fine. Got to the store and the phone was not there.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:30 AM
    These people reserved their phones on preorder day but never got the ready for pick up email. They called Apple and they said it should be fine. Got to the store and the phone was not there.
    That sucks! I would be beyond mad at that point especially if they charged for the phone already.
    09-16-2016 09:36 AM
    That sucks! I would be beyond mad at that point especially if they charged them already for the phone.
    But they won't vote with their wallets. They'll be mad and still upgrade. Pointless
    09-16-2016 09:36 AM
    Seems like you should be ok if you got the email.
    09-16-2016 09:38 AM
    From what I have been hearing on twitter and other social media Apple underestimated the draw of the plus model this time around. Seems like they still can't seem to get enough stock in for launch day. You would think after so many years doing this they would have it go much smoother.
    blaine07 likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:41 AM
    Seems like you should be ok if you got the email.
    I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-16-2016 09:42 AM
    From what I have been hearing on twitter and other social media Apple underestimated the draw of the plus model this time around. Seems like they still can't seem to get enough stock in for launch day. You would think after so many years doing this they would have it go much smoother.
    Lol Apple didn't underestimate anything, they planned this down to every detail and I guarantee you they know exactly the morass they've created for their customers, that's what they're counting on.
    Everything is working exactly as they planned.
    09-16-2016 09:43 AM
    But they won't vote with their wallets. They'll be mad and still upgrade. Pointless
    If it were me I would be on the phone with apple costumer support and asking for a refund. If not a refund then they better give me some sort of compensation like money off the price of the phone, a gift card, free apple care, a free case, or something. If not, I would be done with apple and take my money and by the Note 7.
    ladyc0524 and ReVu30 like this.
    09-16-2016 09:48 AM
    If it were me I would be on the phone with apple costumer support and asking for a refund. If not a refund then they better give me some sort of compensation like money off the price of the phone, a gift card, free apple care, a free case, or something. If not, I would be done with apple and take my money and by the Note 7.
    Read somewhere that bestbuy is giving $100 bestbuy certificates. Good by them.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:49 AM
    I work for best buy, no best buy anywhere received the iphone 7 plus in any storage capacity for the general public. So if you came in off the street you are not going to get a 7 plus unless someone ordered one and then canceled it. That is going to be the case at every store - AT&T, Verizon, Wal-Mart, etc. I ordered a 7 plus jet black 256 and mine phone hasn't come in yet. These phone come from Apple...it really has nothing to do with any store you are preordering from because apple has to fill the orders and apple doesn't tell retailers when they should expect them which is why stores do not know when they are going to get them.

If you received a email saying your order is ready...your order is ready. The phone is in the store and has a tag with your name on it right now lol. Hope that helps.
    09-16-2016 09:51 AM
    I find that hard to believe. Apple should have learned from the Iphone 6 Plus launch that the bigger model would be the most popular. This year they added a new camera to the Plus models only and they are surprised that is the model most people are looking to buy?? SMH
    09-16-2016 09:52 AM
50 12