I work for best buy, no best buy anywhere received the iphone 7 plus in any storage capacity for the general public. So if you came in off the street you are not going to get a 7 plus unless someone ordered one and then canceled it. That is going to be the case at every store - AT&T, Verizon, Wal-Mart, etc. I ordered a 7 plus jet black 256 and mine phone hasn't come in yet. These phone come from Apple...it really has nothing to do with any store you are preordering from because apple has to fill the orders and apple doesn't tell retailers when they should expect them which is why stores do not know when they are going to get them.

If you received a email saying your order is ready...your order is ready. The phone is in the store and has a tag with your name on it right now lol. Hope that helps.

It better have a big tag!!! LOL Im just paranoid now because i got the email around 4 a.m. that its ready for pick up, but my reservation isnt until 4:30!!!!
    Evilguppy and Blackwood504 like this.
    09-16-2016 09:53 AM
    Read somewhere that bestbuy is giving $100 bestbuy certificates. Good by them.
    That is pretty good on Best Buy's part.
    pantlesspenguin and NinjaMom like this.
    09-16-2016 09:56 AM
    I find that hard to believe. Apple should have learned from the Iphone 6 Plus launch that the bigger model would be the most popular. This year they added a new camera to the Plus models only and they are surprised that is the model most people are looking to buy?? SMH
    The thing about it is that I work in Quality at a warehouse and the fact of the matter is that it's all about supply and demand. If your supply don't meet your demand, there's nothing you really can do. Then to actually have to add quality on top of that, it's amazing that they have the amounts that they do. Apple can say we need 35 million for launch but if their suppliers say we can't do that then Apple's hands are tied.
    09-16-2016 10:09 AM
    I just received an email from Best Buy informing me that "We have iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, order now!!!"

... liars.
    I'm already preordered through Apple so I don't care but this is sleazy,
    luvesuga and MissShayona like this.
    09-16-2016 10:14 AM
    Two AT&T stores told me that they don't anticipate any plus phones for months.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-16-2016 10:15 AM
    It better have a big tag!!! LOL Im just paranoid now because i got the email around 4 a.m. that its ready for pick up, but my reservation isnt until 4:30!!!!
    Yea, that usually means that someone in the store (yup someone is in the store that early) matched your order to the phone and scanned it into the system. So it's there but I would go until your reservations time because there are other people that have reserved time before your and you basically would be attempting to skip them in line. And it usually is a large tag lol.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    09-16-2016 10:29 AM
    I just received an email from Best Buy informing me that "We have iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, order now!!!"

... liars.

yea anyone who has a my best buy account got that email I think. it's just a broad advertising email. it's not saying that any store near you has it in store.
    09-16-2016 10:31 AM
    Lol I just got an email advert from Walmart saying iPhone 7 available now.... I know for sure Walmart has hardly any supply except for maybe that demo.
    09-16-2016 12:02 PM
    How can they not have peoples reservations? They actually wanted payment up front this year.
    I received an email this morning that my reservation is ready for pick up to check in at 4:30. They better have my phone! LOL
    They better have my phone as well or we will have problems.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    09-16-2016 12:37 PM
    Read somewhere that bestbuy is giving $100 bestbuy certificates. Good by them.
    Yup, reports all over the internet about $100 credits towards the next purchase at the store. At least it's something for those who pre-ordered and got nothing. Also just goes to show that pre-ordering from carriers or retailers is never a better option than directly through Apple (if possible).
    09-16-2016 01:31 PM
    I just left a large Best Buy here in Atlanta. They got around 15 Pluses in today. The employee even had one he purchased today. He said they had people lined up all night and had to tell them they had no Pluses which was true at opening. He said around 1PM a UPS truck pulled in the back and delivered their stock. No one knew it was coming. The warehouse guys came running in and told the mobile guys. They were all gone within 30 mins. He felt sorry for all those that waiting in line because all left and the people that got them were just random people.
    09-16-2016 07:29 PM
    Yea you will receive something like this in your email (provided you gave a valid email address).

Thank you for pre-ordering the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with Best Buy.

Unfortunately, there's been a delay in getting you your device. We apologize for the inconvenience, as we know you are excited about your new phone.

Your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is expected to arrive by Friday, Oct. 7, perhaps sooner depending on your location. You can view your order status on BestBuy.com/OrderStatus.

Also, we want to try and make up for the delay by offering you a $100 discount on your next purchase at Best Buy.
    $100.00 off your next purchase
    Promotional Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    PIN: xxxx
    Valid through: October 16, 2016
    We value you as a Best Buy customer, apologize again for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
    Sincerely,
    Your Best Buy Customer Care Team
    They if i'm not mistaken your money will be refunded to you as well until it comes in.
    09-16-2016 07:33 PM
    I just left a large Best Buy here in Atlanta. They got around 15 Pluses in today. The employee even had one he purchased today. He said they had people lined up all night and had to tell them they had no Pluses which was true at opening. He said around 1PM a UPS truck pulled in the back and delivered their stock. No one knew it was coming. The warehouse guys came running in and told the mobile guys. They were all gone within 30 mins. He felt sorry for all those that waiting in line because all left and the people that got them were just random people.
    Wow! I live in Atlanta. I wonder which one
    09-16-2016 08:10 PM

... liars.
    Got the same email.. from them and Verizon ... bad!
    09-16-2016 09:17 PM
    Funny thing. I went to BestBuys website earlier today and saw that a bunch of the iPhone 7 plus listings said I could add them to my cart. I figured I would get another error like when I attempted to preorder but went through the steps anyways. I went through all the steps and purchased the black iPhone 7 plus in 128gb I wanted and a couple of hours later I got a shipping confirmation. My phone should be here next week since I didn't want to pay for faster shipping.
    09-16-2016 11:03 PM
    Funny thing. I went to BestBuys website earlier today and saw that a bunch of the iPhone 7 plus listings said I could add them to my cart. I figured I would get another error like when I attempted to preorder but went through the steps anyways. I went through all the steps and purchased the black iPhone 7 plus in 128gb I wanted and a couple of hours later I got a shipping confirmation. My phone should be here next week since I didn't want to pay for faster shipping.
    Lucky for you! That's awesome it shipped so quickly but seems so weird since my black 7 plus order from the 9th had not shipped yet and the email I got two days ago said it would be three weeks. Must have been the capacity difference or carrier.

I ended up cancelling my order about 20 mins ago and placed one for a smaller 7 with store pick up tomorrow at AT&T. I'll be happier with the smaller one so I'm pretty excited!
    tinybfk likes this.
    09-16-2016 11:55 PM
    Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.
    I am in the same situation as you, but with my carrier. Nothing you can do but carry on and wait. No use in getting upset as it will not change the order you did.

The lady at my carrier was lucky to be dealing with me. Several people there were just yelling at the poor girls working there. It's not their fault. Most of the blame has to go to Apple for never being properly prepared for these launches. They should delay launches by a couple weeks allowing them time to catch up with orders. But who am I too say. I am just a little minion in the big picture.
    09-17-2016 04:16 AM
    Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.
    you didn't sleep because of you were getting a new phone? really?
    09-17-2016 04:40 PM
    I wish I was as fortunate as you.
    09-17-2016 09:23 PM
    It could be worse, could've gotten a Note 7, and then have it burn your house down.

I usually wait a month after release, and then walk into a store and buy the model I want with no hassles.

I find that hard to believe. Apple should have learned from the Iphone 6 Plus launch that the bigger model would be the most popular. This year they added a new camera to the Plus models only and they are surprised that is the model most people are looking to buy?? SMH
    It has been my understanding that the 6 & 6S were more popular than the Plus models. Maybe that has change with the 7, or it's still more popular, just not as popular as in the past I would also expect the jet black model to be more constrained due to the extra polishing and cleaning steps required.
    Stephen Martino likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:54 AM
    Since none will be available till November/December per the AT&T people, I went ahead and got her a 128gb iPhone 7, and she is happy.
    09-18-2016 08:34 PM
    Well good news is that my Apple iPhone leather case arrived today.........bad news.....still dont have an iPhone 7 Plus to put in the case. It think the 7 Plus is a unicorn in Canada.....it doesnt exist.
    Attached Thumbnails Best Buy called me....no iPhone 7 Plus delivered-14370317_10157538481000565_4144761399159501681_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Matador; 09-19-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    09-19-2016 02:49 PM
    I called Best Buy again today....the employees have no clue what's going on and they have no idea what to say. They said it could take up to 4 weeks. I love how their own employees are in the dark just like their customers.

I decided to order the device directly from the Apple website..a FULL 10 days later than my pre-order....let's see who gets the phone first?
    09-20-2016 02:41 PM
    I ordered from BB online this past Wednesday for black 128gb plus and my original order said expected ship date was end of October to early November. Didn't mind waiting cause I had a lot of BB gift cards to use. But today got an email and my order was sent out and should be here by 9/28.

For those who been trying to buy online from BB and kept getting the error after hitting add package to cart. Go to your cart first and clear it first. After I did that and went thru the oder phase my order finally went to the cart. It just sucks I've been trying to order from their site since first day and kept getting that error message. Wish I did the clear cart thing earlier. Hope this helps for some of you.
    09-23-2016 11:32 PM
    Well, this is the last time I pre-order from Best Buy.

I went on the Apple website this morning and checked if any stores had the device...found one close by...reserved it, picked a time to go pick it up this morning and BOOM!! Went extremely SMOOTH!!! There is absolutely no benefit pre-ordering from Best Buy unless you dont have an Apple store nearby.

I will be going back to Best Buy today to get my pre-order deposit.
    09-24-2016 12:35 PM
50 12