Photos taken with your iPhone 7 Plus

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i wasnt trying to be mean. and the digital zoom pics arent that great(even on other phones - most digital zoom sucks). Im talking about most of the pics in this thread look hazy but some are the opposite and clear. i even clicked on the "view original image" link and they look the same?

you are not completly wrong, I have been playing with this camera a fair but, I am a photog nut on the side so I know my way around a camera. The camera in my phone at least , as there could be some sample variation, tends to over expose ALOT, there can be a fair amount of water color smearing and loss of fine detail and if this thing has image stabilization I cannot tell it is working half the time. If you are viewing on a small screen i.e phone or small tablet then the images look fine even great, but it you view on a computer or larger screen that is where you see the issues. It is a teeny tiny sensor so it does well for what it is, but most photos need some sort of edit before posting for larger screens to look their best, or use filters LOL. Also cropping , zooming of any kind and resizing etc tends to degrade the image quality a bit as well, which is to be expected.

I have the S7 edge and the images from that are MUCH better, BUT I think I got one of the really good cameras as I have seen equally bad images from S7's and Notes as well. I am hoping whatever the upgrade they do the camera in October helps a little, but if not I love the phone anyway and will stay with Apple for how well everything works together.

These are tiny sensors, even the examples Apple used if seen at 100% on a large screen are noisy and smeary, BUT, the person that shot them knows a lot about composition to make them interesting and they are darker and contrastier which makes them look better. For now I will keep playing until I find the right combo of settings that works well and just accept the images for what they are.

Last edited:

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
is this a joke?

im serious.. im not trolling. it really does look like the camera is covered by some cheap plastic. I know the camera on the i7 is good but is there some kind of clear protection film that needs to be taken off? these "hazy" "compressed" pics.. can these be posted in original res... there are some pics in this thread that are clear and sharp.. but most of them even if compressed, look really bad

I think you're being a little selective. I had the Note 7 and currently the Note 5, waiting for my 7 plus.

There are plenty of blurry pics taken with the two cameras as well. For some reason, you passed up the pics taken by "lisainsf" above.

Do you think those are blurry?

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I took these with Camera+ set to auto and edited them in Camera+ and I think they look pretty good even on a full screen. I do notice that the images look better exposed on my phone and then when I look on my computer they are a little darker. This app works well though.

iMoreAppImg_20160920_100014.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160920_100020.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
12fb6b7862b19097b2d2cba5a44eba2d.jpg

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
i wasnt trying to be mean. and the digital zoom pics arent that great(even on other phones - most digital zoom sucks). Im talking about most of the pics in this thread look hazy but some are the opposite and clear. i even clicked on the "view original image" link and they look the same?

I didn't take it as mean, just opinion. I understand it and agree, some of the pics in this thread are meh. I think compression has something to do with it, but mostly I think people are moving or their subjects move or something. The camera is definitely capable of amazing shots but maybe their new IP is messing with things on some pictures. I will try and post some shots I have from my Note 7 when I get home for reference. The 2nd camera is a bit disappointing as I do not believe it has OIS or if it does I think it works very poorly. When zoomed with it my shots are incredibly shaky. The normal camera shoots amazing photos even in low light.

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I think you're being a little selective. I had the Note 7 and currently the Note 5, waiting for my 7 plus.

There are plenty of blurry pics taken with the two cameras as well. For some reason, you passed up the pics taken by "lisainsf" above.

Do you think those are blurry?

No. its pretty obvious lisainsf's pics are the exception. And I did not say all pics in this thread. That's why I am wondering. I know we are not all pro photographers and most of us just point and shoot. But like i said, most pics look hazy.. like a cheap camera or camera with film/cheap plastic covering.

Im not even talking about pics being blurry. LIke, theres so much difference between lisainsfs pics and the others that are hazy

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree with most that these photos are outstanding. They look clear and very sharp, and I was amazed by the photos of the bee pollen.

lisainsf

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
No. its pretty obvious lisainsf's pics are the exception. And I did not say all pics in this thread. That's why I am wondering. I know we are not all pro photographers and most of us just point and shoot. But like i said, most pics look hazy.. like a cheap camera or camera with film/cheap plastic covering.

Im not even talking about pics being blurry. LIke, theres so much difference between lisainsfs pics and the others that are hazy

There are quite a few sharp nice images and some hazy. The cows being the most hazy but, sometimes people forget , I know I do sometimes LOL, to touch the screen for focus as this will alter the cameras exposure meter. So if you just click the camera and press the shutter you will get an improperly exposed image and most likely blurry. Also I edited my pictures, others may be happy with straight out of the phone as tastes do vary. The zoom definitely adds artifacts and smearing though so hoping the update helps with that

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the hazy/etc. pictures are just down to how the picture was taken (app, settings, photographer, etc.) because I've gotten some amazing pics on my 6s Plus when I'm paying attention to what I'm doing. I've also gotten some horrible ones when just randomly grabbing a shot without paying attention to what I'm doing. That whole thing about "the skill of the person using it vs. the equipment itself" thing. I'm really excited for the .raw file support in iOS10 and look forward to using it with my 7 plus when it gets here. Have started playing with it a bit on the 6s plus. I'm guessing with the raw support and Lightroom I should be able to come up with some really nice stuff worth framing even if it's a smaller print to avoid noise from the smaller sensor size vs. my DSLR.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro