Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jjdukes's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    So it appears Apple stores won't have 7 Plus for walkin but does any have info on whether Verizon might? No-one waiting at my local store yet and it's a decent sized one in a small city. They've always received some in the past. Considering going but only will wait in line if I'm first or no-one in front of me is there for the Plus.
    Thoughts? Anyone spoken to any Verizon Stores that have them for walk-ins?
  2. #2  
    aidmyaim's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Good luck people are already camping outside
    PDXMatt likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    jjdukes's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Not near me. But i don't want to go if they're not going to have any
  4. #4  
    PDXMatt's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    I would bet if they have the + models they will be few.
  5. #5  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjdukes View Post
    So it appears Apple stores won't have 7 Plus for walkin but does any have info on whether Verizon might? No-one waiting at my local store yet and it's a decent sized one in a small city. They've always received some in the past. Considering going but only will wait in line if I'm first or no-one in front of me is there for the Plus.
    Thoughts? Anyone spoken to any Verizon Stores that have them for walk-ins?
    Slim to none.. but there is a chance they have 1 or 2. If you're 1st in line, you have a shot at getting something. May not be the phone you want, but if you're willing to take one of what they have.. it's worth it.. maybe.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    jjdukes's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Slim to none.. but there is a chance they have 1 or 2. If you're 1st in line, you have a shot at getting something. May not be the phone you want, but if you're willing to take one of what they have.. it's worth it.. maybe.
    Well I'm 2nd in line so we'll see. Fingers crossed.
  7. #7  
    cwbcpa's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    I decided not to waste my time and ordered online last night. October 5th estimated delivery. It's the same time I've been able to get the last few iPhones and I really don't care that much. I like my 6S and it will give me a few weeks to pick out cases and find a good solution for auxiliary/lightening in my car.
    taeisme likes this.
  8. #8  
    C6TX6's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Not going to happen. I spoke with a manager at a corp store and he said the entire SE region (MD to FL) will have not ONE + model. He said people are going to be pissed but this is an Apple issue not a Verizon issue. Nothing new to see here, move on.
  9. #9  
    doitlarge's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Guy just opened our store in VB, VA and says no pluses. Guess all the talk was true.
  10. #10  
    doitlarge's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Was at a Verizon retail store
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjdukes View Post
    So it appears Apple stores won't have 7 Plus for walkin but does any have info on whether Verizon might? No-one waiting at my local store yet and it's a decent sized one in a small city. They've always received some in the past. Considering going but only will wait in line if I'm first or no-one in front of me is there for the Plus.
    Thoughts? Anyone spoken to any Verizon Stores that have them for walk-ins?
    They may have some in stock, depending on their customers who ordered them. Still, no one knows for certain. Best of luck to you if you plan on waiting in line at your nearby Verizon Store...
    DarlaMack likes this.
  12. #12  
    rdmartin1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    i can confirm no plus models at Verizon stores.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    jjdukes's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    I went early and was 2nd in line and the lady the unlocked the door at 6:30 said no pluses so I left. The guy in front of me appearently didn't believe her and had been there since 3am and said he was going to continue to wait until opening at 8. I'll just wait for the matte black 7 plus i preordered scheduled for delivery 10/4-10/10. Good luck all.
  14. #14  
    luvesuga's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjdukes View Post
    I went early and was 2nd in line and the lady the unlocked the door at 6:30 said no pluses so I left. The guy in front of me appearently didn't believe her and had been there since 3am and said he was going to continue to wait until opening at 8. I'll just wait for the matte black 7 plus i preordered scheduled for delivery 10/4-10/10. Good luck all.
    If it makes you feel better, my best friend had a date of 10/3 and his is coming on Monday.
    cwbcpa likes this.
  15. #15  
    dpham00's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,648 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Sucks for those waiting in line for a while. Personally I would rather preorder online at midnight and be done with it rather than standing in line for hours
  16. #16  
    independentvolume's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Sucks for those waiting in line for a while. Personally I would rather preorder online at midnight and be done with it rather than standing in line for hours
    Or wait a month and then find in a store. I really never got the point of standing in line. Different strokes for different folks as they say.
    Hectorius likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    It's been confirmed at multiple sources that Plus devices will not be at Apple or any other 3rd party retail today.... Next week for sure.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  18. #18  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    I think that next time I upgrade my phone I will do it as far away from launch date as I can.
    Maybe I'm getting old, but Apple's overhyping and then not having enough devices, causing an Apple stampede that would rival any Black Friday at Walmart is a total turn off for me.
    I don't give a damn about keeping up with the Joneses, my phone isn't a status thing I wave about, I find no fun in this marketing bs.

    So yes, I'm glad I got one on preorder, whenever Apple decides to ship it, but never again.
    This turning Apple customers into Walmart cattle is ridiculous and I won't be part of it.

    My next phone will,happen whenever I need one, but never on release day. March April looks like a fine time to get a new phone, lol.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    I ordered right at pre order and I agree as some are upset. This is the first time I Pre Ordered, was shocked how fast stuff went lol. But I got over it. Because I will have it eventually.... But that's what it is just a Pre Order. You are not told when you Pre Order and you will have it at launch. You just grab your spot in line. It's unfortunate as some expectations are higher and they HAVE to have it now, today. Not tomorrow , TODAY

    I am just glad I got one and it will show up via Fed Ex or UPS eventually..... and I have a earlier ship date then MOST. That's what counts.... I will have my device eventually. I will be able to check out some of the cool features and then after a few weeks it will wear off and I will just use my device normally and it will not get tender care. It will get tossed around, etc...... Heck I am already looking forward to the next version of iOS vs the new device.
  20. #20  
    shadowboxer8's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    190 Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    I ordered right at pre order and I agree as some are upset. This is the first time I Pre Ordered, was shocked how fast stuff went lol. But I got over it. Because I will have it eventually.... But that's what it is just a Pre Order. You are not told when you Pre Order and you will have it at launch. You just grab your spot in line. It's unfortunate as some expectations are higher and they HAVE to have it now, today. Not tomorrow , TODAY

    I am just glad I got one and it will show up via Fed Ex or UPS eventually..... and I have a earlier ship date then MOST. That's what counts.... I will have my device eventually. I will be able to check out some of the cool features and then after a few weeks it will wear off and I will just use my device normally and it will not get tender care. It will get tossed around, etc...... Heck I am already looking forward to the next version of iOS vs the new device.
    This is so true. After like a month or two nobody will really care to much about the Iphone 7 as majority of the people are buying today or getting it shipped in the next week or so. So I am good knowing that I will be getting the phone eventually ( November or December). I use to be one of those phones that got overly upset about not getting a phone on launch day. But then I realized it's just a phone and they aren't going anywhere so I will get one eventually.

    Back in 2010, I remember reading a story where Steve Jobs would reply to costumer emails and one angry costumer emailed about not getting the iphone 4 on launch day. Steve replied to his email with something like it's just a phone and you will get it eventually. Enjoy the little things in life or something like that. I thought was funny and true. I wish I could find that story as I think it was posted here or on redditt.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Ya I remember reading it lol. Also remember everyone tracking the Apple Watch... Then after like a week, there was almost not a peep about anything. lol


    It's not like they are holding your cash for months and your not getting anything in return. It's like buying a car and paying for it and the salesman telling you that you will have it next year sometime. Nope Apple or carrier will charge you then over night it. So realistically they only have your cash for a few hour fo the shipping exchange.....
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    I ordered right at pre order and I agree as some are upset. This is the first time I Pre Ordered, was shocked how fast stuff went lol. But I got over it. Because I will have it eventually.... But that's what it is just a Pre Order. You are not told when you Pre Order and you will have it at launch. You just grab your spot in line. It's unfortunate as some expectations are higher and they HAVE to have it now, today. Not tomorrow , TODAY

    I am just glad I got one and it will show up via Fed Ex or UPS eventually..... and I have a earlier ship date then MOST. That's what counts.... I will have my device eventually. I will be able to check out some of the cool features and then after a few weeks it will wear off and I will just use my device normally and it will not get tender care. It will get tossed around, etc...... Heck I am already looking forward to the next version of iOS vs the new device.
    'Nuff said......I know the device I'm going to buy will be available in a few weeks, and I'm not going to go through an emotional roller coaster to get it. Know what I mean?
  23. #23  
    rdmartin1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by luvesuga View Post
    If it makes you feel better, my best friend had a date of 10/3 and his is coming on Monday.
    Makes me mad. My date is 9/23 and hasn't changed.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    This turning Apple customers into Walmart cattle is ridiculous and I won't be part of it.
    Walmart Cattle!!!!
  25. #25  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Chances Verizon has a 7 Plus for walk-in?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    I ordered right at pre order and I agree as some are upset. This is the first time I Pre Ordered, was shocked how fast stuff went lol. But I got over it. Because I will have it eventually.... But that's what it is just a Pre Order. You are not told when you Pre Order and you will have it at launch. You just grab your spot in line. It's unfortunate as some expectations are higher and they HAVE to have it now, today. Not tomorrow , TODAY

    I am just glad I got one and it will show up via Fed Ex or UPS eventually..... and I have a earlier ship date then MOST. That's what counts.... I will have my device eventually. I will be able to check out some of the cool features and then after a few weeks it will wear off and I will just use my device normally and it will not get tender care. It will get tossed around, etc...... Heck I am already looking forward to the next version of iOS vs the new device.
    We live in such a caffeinated society that people just have to have the thing now and are willing to go through all kinds of obstacles just to have it in their hands at the first moment they possibly can. I don't know why people don't show more patience when it comes to these things.
    John Yester and ladyc0524 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon's $650 trade-in amount for iPhone 6 or better
    By tech_fan in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 10:39 PM
  2. Upgrade to Ipad Pro? Wait? Needed for lecturee
    By tony477g in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 04:30 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 10:11 PM
  4. Why I can not get directions on maps? I' m living in Bahrain
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions