No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Good point. But I'm still annoyed lol.

Being annoyed isn't a problem. I can totally understand why this method of building hype would annoy people, but it is a strategy, not a "mistake" made by Apple due to lack of preparation or anything. They're kind of experts at making major hype over their products.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Again, you're looking at this purely as a consumer. I understand, it sucks to not get what you want, when you want it without any resistance. Society has moved into an "entitled' mentality. At the end of the day, Apple creates enormous hype and demand by shorting stock up front, and it works perfectly every single year. Disagree with the dynamic of that decision all you want, but accepting it is an important step in my opinion (and no, accepting it does not mean agreeing or being satisfied by such, it literally just means accepting reality).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Those oompa loompas singing that song when those kids met their demise, scared the crap out of me when I was little and watched that in the theater with my mother. :laughing:

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The system works. I understand that your frustrated attitude toward it makes it seem like you have a better idea, but to be honest, don't you think if more money was out there following your logic on it, that a business would jump all over that? Money talks, and in this case, defines what the best course of action is and has been for years.

The end of your previous post was basically the definition of entitlement, no offense (and is the reason that Willy Wonka song popped in my head).

LOL the end of my previous post was myself making fun of 4-year-old-pantlesspenguin. Do I want an iPhone 7+ in my grubby little paws right now? Sure I do. Am I going to whine and moan like a spoiled brat until I get one? Nope. Do I understand the reasons why I can't get one right away? Yep. And of course I realize why there's probably a flaw in my proposal. They would need a lot of money up front for production and paying employees, etc. That could also be the one year that people decide they're over the iPhone and decide they don't need the new one. I don't see that one happening for a long time, though. They're not like BlackBerry who GROSSLY overproduced their Z10 because they underestimated demand by a longshot.

Something was amiss this year though. Like they underestimated the demand for the Plus models, even though that's the one they put the camera upgrades on, and more people are adopting larger phones. Last year launch day was Sept 25th, if memory serves. During the keynote they could have told the masses that launch would be Sept 23rd to get a few more million units into the pipeline.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
LOL the end of my previous post was myself making fun of 4-year-old-pantlesspenguin. Do I want an iPhone 7+ in my grubby little paws right now? Sure I do. Am I going to whine and moan like a spoiled brat until I get one? Nope. Do I understand the reasons why I can't get one right away? Yep. And of course I realize why there's probably a flaw in my proposal. They would need a lot of money up front for production and paying employees, etc. That could also be the one year that people decide they're over the iPhone and decide they don't need the new one. I don't see that one happening for a long time, though. They're not like BlackBerry who GROSSLY overproduced their Z10 because they underestimated demand by a longshot.

Something was amiss this year though. Like they underestimated the demand for the Plus models, even though that's the one they put the camera upgrades on, and more people are adopting larger phones. Last year launch day was Sept 25th, if memory serves. During the keynote they could have told the masses that launch would be Sept 23rd to get a few more million units into the pipeline.
There stock fell by 10% today. Do you think it's related to not being able to meet demand and resulting in lost sales?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods