No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait for the annual online outrage over this. "How can Apple not have inventory?!?! They're worth billions!!"

I honestly think Apple was not ready for a 16th launch date. They sold 13 million or so last year launch weekend. I just don't see them coming near that. Low inventory. And what they are launching like 20-30 more countries next week? They are rushing everything. But hey I'm glad I got my 7 or my wife's Plus for launch day.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I honestly think Apple was not ready for a 16th launch date. They sold 13 million or so last year launch weekend. I just don't see them coming near that. Low inventory. And what they are launching like 20-30 more countries next week? They are rushing everything. But hey I'm glad I got my 7 or my wife's Plus for launch day.

I was surprised they went the usual route of 10 days after the announcement to release. Last year they went off that rail and added an extra week. I really thought that was going to happen again this time. I think last year they released on the same day in as many countries as well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was surprised they went the usual route of 10 days after the announcement to release. Last year they went off that rail and added an extra week. I really thought that was going to happen again this time. I think last year they released on the same day in as many countries as well.

That's right they did allow that extra week last year. They should have done the same this time.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
It's all supply and demand short supply equals high demand. We can look at this two ways. 1. Apple is creating a demand for the iPhone 7 by limiting the amount available in the coming weeks. Who knows, they could have a warehouse full in China and slowly release them over the next few weeks, or 2. Apple didn't meet their sales numbers they were hoping for with the 6s so they were testing the waters with this release and not as many went into production. Even with the 10% production increase reported last week it still wasn't enough to meet demand. Ether way it's just business, and every one who wants a iPhone will eventually get one. Maybe not on release day, but I'm sure sooner rather than later.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I am going to guess (just guess) that the other countries coming live next week have a "different inventory" and they will be pulling from that stack. If they don't sell out, those (coming from China) will help push up back orders to sooner shipping dates starting with the USA. Their announcement today saying Phone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers., was quite surprising. I feel bad for those camping out.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm told the pre-order was bumped up because of the Note7 🔥 fire problems.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I think I remember reading last year it had something to do with September 11th so I expected the same this year. I was shocked as well.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
This is very disappointing, I just don't understand how you have a whole year to plan this stuff and still come up short on product. I would rather you put it off another week or two and be prepared for the launch than rush it out and don't have product. I'm very disappointed

Adranalyne

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I would imagine carrier stores will still have some stock available. It'll be nowhere near the inventory levels the Apple stores generally have, though.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is a frustrating issue to have. When the original plus model came out it was very hard to get also and I believe that more people are making the jump to the larger phones now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is very disappointing, I just don't understand how you have a whole year to plan this stuff and still come up short on product. I would rather you put it off another week or two and be prepared for the launch than rush it out and don't have product. I'm very disappointed

Exactly.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local Apple Store. He checked and said they will not have any jet black and limited number of other colors for the plus for walk ins. I just want the black plus want 128 but will do 256 if that all have. So hears to being in line at 3am with fingers crossed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit