Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 86 of 86
Like Tree107Likes
  1. #76  
    pantlesspenguin's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,284 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyJunky View Post
    Again, you're looking at this purely as a consumer. I understand, it sucks to not get what you want, when you want it without any resistance. Society has moved into an "entitled' mentality. At the end of the day, Apple creates enormous hype and demand by shorting stock up front, and it works perfectly every single year. Disagree with the dynamic of that decision all you want, but accepting it is an important step in my opinion (and no, accepting it does not mean agreeing or being satisfied by such, it literally just means accepting reality).

    Oh I know it works, as per their sales every year. I'm just saying that I wonder if having plenty of stock available for everyone on launch day would be even better for them. How many people, upon hearing of limited stock, don't even bother to preorder? If people don't want to stay up past midnight to preorder, how many more preorders would there be if people woke up, strolled into work at 8, casually peruse the Apple website or their carrier page, and see that preorders will still be shipped on launch day instead of into October or November? How many walk-in sales would there be if people could grab what they wanted on launch weekend? Instead it's more "Oh cool, it sure is popular. A lot of good that does me since I can't get one."

    And no, I don't feel "entitled" to one, even though I want one. Those are two different things.
  2. #77  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Entitled? Lol. Apple sure feels entitled to get our money now, that entitles customers to expect their new phones now.
  3. #78  
    MonkeyJunky's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Oh I know it works, as per their sales every year. I'm just saying that I wonder if having plenty of stock available for everyone on launch day would be even better for them. How many people, upon hearing of limited stock, don't even bother to preorder? If people don't want to stay up past midnight to preorder, how many more preorders would there be if people woke up, strolled into work at 8, casually peruse the Apple website or their carrier page, and see that preorders will still be shipped on launch day instead of into October or November? How many walk-in sales would there be if people could grab what they wanted on launch weekend? Instead it's more "Oh cool, it sure is popular. A lot of good that does me since I can't get one."

    And no, I don't feel "entitled" to one, even though I want one. Those are two different things.
    The system works. I understand that your frustrated attitude toward it makes it seem like you have a better idea, but to be honest, don't you think if more money was out there following your logic on it, that a business would jump all over that? Money talks, and in this case, defines what the best course of action is and has been for years.

    The end of your previous post was basically the definition of entitlement, no offense (and is the reason that Willy Wonka song popped in my head).

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy
    Entitled? Lol. Apple sure feels entitled to get our money now, that entitles customers to expect their new phones now.
    I think you're a little confused about what that word means or how it is applied. In the case of Apple, they don't really have any reason to feel entitled as people willingly throw bags of money at them for new iPhones.
  4. #79  
    Stephen Martino's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    Entitled? Lol. Apple sure feels entitled to get our money now, that entitles customers to expect their new phones now.
    But Apple doesn't get our money now. You are not charged until the phone ships.
  5. #80  
    Evilguppy's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,839 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Martino View Post
    But Apple doesn't get our money now. You are not charged until the phone ships.
    Good point. But I'm still annoyed lol.
    Stephen Martino likes this.
  6. #81  
    MonkeyJunky's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    Good point. But I'm still annoyed lol.
    Being annoyed isn't a problem. I can totally understand why this method of building hype would annoy people, but it is a strategy, not a "mistake" made by Apple due to lack of preparation or anything. They're kind of experts at making major hype over their products.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
  7. #82  
    qnet's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,341 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyJunky View Post
    Again, you're looking at this purely as a consumer. I understand, it sucks to not get what you want, when you want it without any resistance. Society has moved into an "entitled' mentality. At the end of the day, Apple creates enormous hype and demand by shorting stock up front, and it works perfectly every single year. Disagree with the dynamic of that decision all you want, but accepting it is an important step in my opinion (and no, accepting it does not mean agreeing or being satisfied by such, it literally just means accepting reality).

    Those oompa loompas singing that song when those kids met their demise, scared the crap out of me when I was little and watched that in the theater with my mother.
  8. #83  
    pantlesspenguin's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,284 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyJunky View Post
    The system works. I understand that your frustrated attitude toward it makes it seem like you have a better idea, but to be honest, don't you think if more money was out there following your logic on it, that a business would jump all over that? Money talks, and in this case, defines what the best course of action is and has been for years.

    The end of your previous post was basically the definition of entitlement, no offense (and is the reason that Willy Wonka song popped in my head).
    LOL the end of my previous post was myself making fun of 4-year-old-pantlesspenguin. Do I want an iPhone 7+ in my grubby little paws right now? Sure I do. Am I going to whine and moan like a spoiled brat until I get one? Nope. Do I understand the reasons why I can't get one right away? Yep. And of course I realize why there's probably a flaw in my proposal. They would need a lot of money up front for production and paying employees, etc. That could also be the one year that people decide they're over the iPhone and decide they don't need the new one. I don't see that one happening for a long time, though. They're not like BlackBerry who GROSSLY overproduced their Z10 because they underestimated demand by a longshot.

    Something was amiss this year though. Like they underestimated the demand for the Plus models, even though that's the one they put the camera upgrades on, and more people are adopting larger phones. Last year launch day was Sept 25th, if memory serves. During the keynote they could have told the masses that launch would be Sept 23rd to get a few more million units into the pipeline.
  9. #84  
    MrAlakija's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    poor planning?
  10. #85  
    lv1
    lv1 is offline
    lv1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    LOL the end of my previous post was myself making fun of 4-year-old-pantlesspenguin. Do I want an iPhone 7+ in my grubby little paws right now? Sure I do. Am I going to whine and moan like a spoiled brat until I get one? Nope. Do I understand the reasons why I can't get one right away? Yep. And of course I realize why there's probably a flaw in my proposal. They would need a lot of money up front for production and paying employees, etc. That could also be the one year that people decide they're over the iPhone and decide they don't need the new one. I don't see that one happening for a long time, though. They're not like BlackBerry who GROSSLY overproduced their Z10 because they underestimated demand by a longshot.

    Something was amiss this year though. Like they underestimated the demand for the Plus models, even though that's the one they put the camera upgrades on, and more people are adopting larger phones. Last year launch day was Sept 25th, if memory serves. During the keynote they could have told the masses that launch would be Sept 23rd to get a few more million units into the pipeline.
    There stock fell by 10% today. Do you think it's related to not being able to meet demand and resulting in lost sales?
  11. #86  
    pouriar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts

    Default Re: No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

    when it's available ?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Siri is not working on my iPhone!!
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 02:07 PM
  2. iMessage enhancements not working on 5c
    By safesax2002 in forum iOS 10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 06:21 AM
  3. Apple Music offline listening on single subscription
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 03:57 AM
  4. Apple Watch Series 2 Unboxing!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 03:22 AM
  5. Picture not showing up in iMessage from Android phone - ios 10
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 11:57 PM

Posting Permissions