Launch Day store stock

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Just wanted to let people know that I read an article on 9to5 that mentioned Apple had moved more stock into the yearly upgrade program which will cause many stores to have little to no stock on launch day.

It did not mention how you would be able to tell other than showing up but certainly makes the carrier stores a better bet.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to T-Mobile before they open on launch day, but I'm not holding my breath that I'll be walking away with a new phone. If I can get one in stores before Halloween I'll be a happy camper.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are trying to get a phone on launch day without a pre order your best bet is camping out Thursday night/ early Friday morning at your local Apple Store. They will have the most phones and cell phone provider stores like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint will have a limited supply. Matter of fact, there are already two people camped out one of my local Apple Stores right now. But the only thing is that you don't know if they will have the size, storage, or color you want for your phone. So camping out or going to the store launch day without a pre order is still a big gamble really.

rafaelgood19

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I struggle with launch day. When i stood in line for the 6 plus...there were a ton of people who bought out all the unlocked phones and that went directly towards tmobiles stock supposedly, when I got to get mine, the guy was pretty certain that there were still a ton of AT&T ones left. I am also usually pretty content with the lowest GIG device so I usually get mine because most people go for the bigger boys...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I struggle with launch day. When i stood in line for the 6 plus...there were a ton of people who bought out all the unlocked phones and that went directly towards tmobiles stock supposedly, when I got to get mine, the guy was pretty certain that there were still a ton of AT&T ones left. I am also usually pretty content with the lowest GIG device so I usually get mine because most people go for the bigger boys...

All iPhones are now unlocked if you pay retail at the Apple Store regardless of carrier. Only time they are not unlocked is if you do something like Att Next.

Shawn0813

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I am part of the upgrade program and wasn't able to preorder on the 9th. I got an email today from apple saying they had a phone for me to log in and claim it. I was shocked but grateful at the same time.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am part of the upgrade program and wasn't able to preorder on the 9th. I got an email today from apple saying they had a phone for me to log in and claim it. I was shocked but grateful at the same time.

Yes, but did they give a ship / delivery time? That's the question.. when?

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Going to sit in line early Friday morning at my local store 6:30 or so a.m.) Hoping to walk out with a Jet Black Plus via the Upgrade Program, but if not I'll just have to keep going by until they have one in stock. Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Apple Store carries cases ahead of time? I want to stop by and pick up a case tomorrow before it gets nuts, and maybe chat up the campers too.

Shawn0813

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Going to sit in line early Friday morning at my local store 6:30 or so a.m.) Hoping to walk out with a Jet Black Plus via the Upgrade Program, but if not I'll just have to keep going by until they have one in stock. Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up.

Good luck from I have heard there are no jet blacks left. Apple pretty much wiped out their store supplies by sending out emails today to upgrade program people.

rafaelgood19

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I am just going to put good vibes in the air and say we are ALL going to get our desired iPhones on Friday whether it was preorder or waiting in line!....here's to hoping LOL!:biggrin:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

There will be no jet black plus for launch day. Don't waste your time

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative