Waiting in line on launch day? What time?

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So as we get closer and closer to launch day, those of you who are planning to wait in line with no reservation, what time do you plan on getting there? (At Apple or your carrier store)

I did preorder a device but am traveling for business and have a corporate Verizon store across the street from me. My flight leaves Friday at 11:45am so what the heck I might try to pick one up by waiting in line.

When I worked for Verizon and did iPhone 6 launch we (sales reps) got to the store at 6:30ish and opened at 8. When I arrived there was a few ppl waiting.

I was thinking I will try to get in line at 6. What about you?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it would depend on the type of volume that store has. If it's a high volume store I would say you might want to get there earlier than 6am, but if it's a slow store you should be ok.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it would depend on the type of volume that store has. If it's a high volume store I would say you might want to get there earlier than 6am, but if it's a slow store you should be ok.

Ahhh. I'm in Grand Rapids MI. Maybe I'll give the store a ring and see what they recommend. I have no idea about their volume of sales on average :/

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Ahhh. I'm in Grand Rapids MI. Maybe I'll give the store a ring and see what they recommend. I have no idea about their volume of sales on average :/

Yeah that's a good idea. You might can even ask them how was the turn out last year and see what they say.

rafaelgood19

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I live in NYC and I peronsally think that the Apple stores are going to be more crowded than provider stores. I am going to chance getting to an AT&T COR store out here in Brooklyn around midnight....Hopefully I will not regret it...but they did just open up an Apple store in williamsburg so I may stop by there and see what the line is like...ANY people in NYC waiting or have any tips on where to go?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh no no no no.

I did the camp out in 2014 for the iPhone 6.
It was a ton of fun, I'm in California and it was a beautiful, warm night, I met lots of cool people, it was very festive.
But admittedly, a bit on the brutal side, I barely slept and was a total zombie for 48 hours after that, lol.
This year, I am staying home and receiving my phone instead, albeit much later than I would have liked.
So it's fair to say that on the 16th at dawn, I'll be in bed drinking coffee and playing on my iPad... Probably wishing I'd opted for the camp out, lol.

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Has it been confirmed that the stores will have phones for sale (Apple stores). Wasn't it the 6s launch where everything was pre-order thru the web only? They made a big deal about that that time. I expect there will be units as it was not mentioned this time but I had not heard either way yet.

rafaelgood19

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
The way I see it is that they have to have units available or the 16th really would not have been a pre-order, it would have just been the release date. I also confirmed with AT&T that their stores would open at 8am for the release.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on going to Tmo early, but I'm going without getting my hopes up too high that I'll walk out with one. I might call the store the night before to see what kind of inventory they'll have.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it is that they have to have units available or the 16th really would not have been a pre-order, it would have just been the release date. I also confirmed with AT&T that their stores would open at 8am for the release.
I'll be there at 8am. The guy in store said last year had 5 people waiting and it got busy that night after work day lol

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have never gone on launch day and certainly not camped out but I am going to try my Verizon store. I'll go about a half hour before opening and see how it is. I've ended up getting my iPhone at the end of September or begin of October the last few years so if that's what happens I'll be ok. My 6s works just fine so I'm not that worried about it.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Not in NYC this year, but we have options of four Verizon stores or three Apple stores within a four hour or less drive. This year we are gonna trust Big Red. After losing a miserable year with Tom/AT&T, we have decided to pay up and shut up and at least get maximum coverage for our devices with VZW network.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've camped out many years for iPhone launches. I would say be there by midnight but apple stores have tons of devices.

I wish Apple stores could do T-Mobile's JUMP upgrade in store. If that were the case I'd definitely try my luck there over T-Mobile stores which will probably get less than 5 units in each configuration.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just for clarity. It got busy the night OF release not the night before correct? and what city do you live in?

Correct, thats what i was told. No campouts or anything, just probably peaople who found out at work that day and went that night after work lol.

Denver

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner