Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By erwaso
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Retinella's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

    Default Best Buy Launch Day

    Hi everyone,

    I am a current Samsung Galaxy Note7 owner and I'm going to be flying next week. Since the FAA doesn't recommend (banned?) Note7 users to have their phones on planes, I'm looking to get rid of it this week. I want another Note7, but if I don't hear about getting a replacement by Best Buy this week, I'm going to get the iPhone 7 Plus. I love that it has an IP67 rating and I love that it'll have two great cameras. So, with that being said, what are the odds that I'll be able to walk into a Best Buy store on Friday and be able to get a 128GB or 256GB iPhone 7 Plus? I don't care about the color as all my phones go in cases.

    Thanks!

    Edit: My Note7 was purchased at a Best Buy so I can only exchange it at one.
  2. #2  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Is call your local BBs and ask what their inventory may look like. I plan to drive by 2 AT&T stores and a Best Buy Friday morning and stop at the shortest line lol
    Retinella likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Retinella's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Is call your local BBs and ask what their inventory may look like. I plan to drive by 2 AT&T stores and a Best Buy Friday morning and stop at the shortest line lol
    I got my Note7 on launch day at about noon, so I suspect I'd be able to get a 7 Plus.

    But who knows.
  4. #4  
    gvndeb60's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    472 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    FYI, you can return your Note at BB and walk away to purchase a new phone anywhere. They are accepting any Note 7 returns with no questions asked.
  5. #5  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    I got my Note7 on launch day at about noon, so I suspect I'd be able to get a 7 Plus.

    But who knows.
    I dunno. A lot more apple fans than Samsung (specifically) out there, might be a factor.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    Retinella's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    FYI, you can return your Note at BB and walk away to purchase a new phone anywhere. They are accepting any Note 7 returns with no questions asked.
    I'm going to travel from one Best Buy to the next in search of a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus on Friday. I won't stop until I get one.
  7. #7  
    j_squared's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    I'm going to travel from one Best Buy to the next in search of a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus on Friday. I won't stop until I get one.
    I think you're better off going to a carrier store than Best Buy. I purchased a Note 7 and I didn't get on launch day, they didn't have my phone until the Tuesday after. You can still pre-order in store, but it won't guarantee you one on launch day.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    Retinella's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by j_squared View Post
    I think you're better off going to a carrier store than Best Buy. I purchased a Note 7 and I didn't get on launch day, they didn't have my phone until the Tuesday after. You can still pre-order in store, but it won't guarantee you one on launch day.
    The only way I can get a new phone is if I trade in my Note7 at Best Buy. I don't exactly have $900 just sitting around.
  9. #9  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    I may go to our local Beat Buy if our devices don't deliver. I'm also considering AT&T, Target, and Walmart.
  10. #10  
    dpham00's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,633 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I am a current Samsung Galaxy Note7 owner and I'm going to be flying next week. Since the FAA doesn't recommend (banned?) Note7 users to have their phones on planes, I'm looking to get rid of it this week. I want another Note7, but if I don't hear about getting a replacement by Best Buy this week, I'm going to get the iPhone 7 Plus. I love that it has an IP67 rating and I love that it'll have two great cameras. So, with that being said, what are the odds that I'll be able to walk into a Best Buy store on Friday and be able to get a 128GB or 256GB iPhone 7 Plus? I don't care about the color as all my phones go in cases.

    Thanks!

    Edit: My Note7 was purchased at a Best Buy so I can only exchange it at one.
    I would say virtually none, for the 7 plus.

    https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/ap...-are-sold-out/
  11. #11  
    MizWylie's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I would say virtually none, for the 7 plus.

    https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/ap...-are-sold-out/
    True, but "some" third party retailers might have one.

    I'm going to go stalk Verizon tomorrow and see if they have them when they open. I'm hoping it being podunk Montana there might be one waiting to go home with Miz Wylie.
  12. #12  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

    Best Buy nor Best Buy Mobile in Columbus, GA won't receive any.

Similar Threads

  1. XEZI: Story Mode for iOS and Apple Watch will launch on September 22
    By xezigame in forum Apple Watch Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 03:10 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 08:56 AM
  3. Replies: 156
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 10:47 PM
  4. Verizon Launch Day
    By Flapalms239 in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 08:40 PM
  5. Do you think I will get my 7 plus on launch day?
    By cameron_collier in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions