Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By erwaso
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

Default Best Buy Launch Day

Hi everyone,

I am a current Samsung Galaxy Note7 owner and I'm going to be flying next week. Since the FAA doesn't recommend (banned?) Note7 users to have their phones on planes, I'm looking to get rid of it this week. I want another Note7, but if I don't hear about getting a replacement by Best Buy this week, I'm going to get the iPhone 7 Plus. I love that it has an IP67 rating and I love that it'll have two great cameras. So, with that being said, what are the odds that I'll be able to walk into a Best Buy store on Friday and be able to get a 128GB or 256GB iPhone 7 Plus? I don't care about the color as all my phones go in cases.

Thanks!

Edit: My Note7 was purchased at a Best Buy so I can only exchange it at one.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Buy Launch Day

Is call your local BBs and ask what their inventory may look like. I plan to drive by 2 AT&T stores and a Best Buy Friday morning and stop at the shortest line lol
    Retinella likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Is call your local BBs and ask what their inventory may look like. I plan to drive by 2 AT&T stores and a Best Buy Friday morning and stop at the shortest line lol
    I got my Note7 on launch day at about noon, so I suspect I'd be able to get a 7 Plus.

But who knows.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

FYI, you can return your Note at BB and walk away to purchase a new phone anywhere. They are accepting any Note 7 returns with no questions asked.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,731 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    I got my Note7 on launch day at about noon, so I suspect I'd be able to get a 7 Plus.

But who knows.
    I dunno. A lot more apple fans than Samsung (specifically) out there, might be a factor.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    FYI, you can return your Note at BB and walk away to purchase a new phone anywhere. They are accepting any Note 7 returns with no questions asked.
    I'm going to travel from one Best Buy to the next in search of a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus on Friday. I won't stop until I get one.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I'm going to travel from one Best Buy to the next in search of a 256GB iPhone 7 Plus on Friday. I won't stop until I get one.
    I think you're better off going to a carrier store than Best Buy. I purchased a Note 7 and I didn't get on launch day, they didn't have my phone until the Tuesday after. You can still pre-order in store, but it won't guarantee you one on launch day.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_squared View Post
    I think you're better off going to a carrier store than Best Buy. I purchased a Note 7 and I didn't get on launch day, they didn't have my phone until the Tuesday after. You can still pre-order in store, but it won't guarantee you one on launch day.
    The only way I can get a new phone is if I trade in my Note7 at Best Buy. I don't exactly have $900 just sitting around.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

I may go to our local Beat Buy if our devices don't deliver. I'm also considering AT&T, Target, and Walmart.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    24,633 Global Posts

Hi everyone,

I am a current Samsung Galaxy Note7 owner and I'm going to be flying next week. Since the FAA doesn't recommend (banned?) Note7 users to have their phones on planes, I'm looking to get rid of it this week. I want another Note7, but if I don't hear about getting a replacement by Best Buy this week, I'm going to get the iPhone 7 Plus. I love that it has an IP67 rating and I love that it'll have two great cameras. So, with that being said, what are the odds that I'll be able to walk into a Best Buy store on Friday and be able to get a 128GB or 256GB iPhone 7 Plus? I don't care about the color as all my phones go in cases.

Thanks!

Edit: My Note7 was purchased at a Best Buy so I can only exchange it at one.
    I would say virtually none, for the 7 plus.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/ap...-are-sold-out/
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,735 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I would say virtually none, for the 7 plus.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/ap...-are-sold-out/
    True, but "some" third party retailers might have one.

I'm going to go stalk Verizon tomorrow and see if they have them when they open. I'm hoping it being podunk Montana there might be one waiting to go home with Miz Wylie.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

Best Buy nor Best Buy Mobile in Columbus, GA won't receive any.