Does anyone have any experience going to Verizon day of new iPhone launch? I've never gone in and waited for an iPhone before.

Currently have the iPhone 7 plus 32gb black on preorder but was told if I could find one morning of they could just cancel it and I wouldn't have to wait until 10/12.

I picture in my mind a line wrapped around the building and people spending the night in tents etc. maybe not worth going over at 8am (store opens at 9)?
    09-12-2016 03:23 PM
    Does anyone have any experience going to Verizon day of new iPhone launch? I've never gone in and waited for an iPhone before.

Currently have the iPhone 7 plus 32gb black on preorder but was told if I could find one morning of they could just cancel it and I wouldn't have to wait until 10/12.

I picture in my mind a line wrapped around the building and people spending the night in tents etc. maybe not worth going over at 8am (store opens at 9)?
    i have done verizon store on launch and i went at 5am and i was first in line for about 20 mins by time i left line was around the building. What i can tell you is they wont tell you what they have until they open and you ask and some models they wont have any of. Also if you have a pre order they will prob have to have you cancel before they can process the transaction in the store. Not a big deal since they will hold the phone while you do it but still more time consuming.
    09-12-2016 04:39 PM
    i have done verizon store on launch and i went at 5am and i was first in line for about 20 mins by time i left line was around the building. What i can tell you is they wont tell you what they have until they open and you ask and some models they wont have any of. Also if you have a pre order they will prob have to have you cancel before they can process the transaction in the store. Not a big deal since they will hold the phone while you do it but still more time consuming.
    Thanks for the response! Guess I'll just have to swing by there and see what the situation looks like around 7. I want the phone bad but not bad enough to stand in line for several hours. I don't think...😇
    09-12-2016 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the response! Guess I'll just have to swing by there and see what the situation looks like around 7. I want the phone bad but not bad enough to stand in line for several hours. I don't think...
    It wasn't bad bring a chair and some coffee or whatever
    09-12-2016 05:22 PM
    I've bought the last two iPhones (6 & 6s+) at my Verizon store the evening of Launch Day. I refuse to wait in line like so many do, so I go after work and have found what I wanted even after most of the crowd had left. I had to buy a 128gb iPhone 6 instead of the 32gb model I wanted back in '15, but that was hardly a bad thing really. If you have nothing better to do (i.e. Work), then by all means make a social outing out of camping out around a building or whatever...

If I don't preorder, I'll probably be there the evening of the 16th and pick up the phone I want anyway.
    09-12-2016 05:32 PM
    It wasn't bad bring a chair and some coffee or whatever
    Lol! That would def make it more comfortable lol! What are you planning on doing this year? Hoping since I live in a retirement state and city maybe it won't be so bad...
    09-12-2016 05:33 PM
    Lol! That would def make it more comfortable lol! What are you planning on doing this year? Hoping since I live in a retirement state and city maybe it won't be so bad...
    I pre ordered on Friday at 830am I'll get it around the 23rd not in a rush this year lol
    09-12-2016 05:34 PM
    I pre ordered on Friday at 830am I'll get it around the 23rd not in a rush this year lol
    I preordered Sunday and received an October 12th ship date. The Verizon guy said it was extremely likely that it would ship sooner. I just thought of I could pick it up at the store it would be easier. They won't let me preorder and pick up at the store. Since I work a lot I'll probably miss Fedex and would delay it further.
    09-12-2016 05:41 PM
    Really depends on the location. with last years release of the 6s/6s Plus. I went to my local Verizon corporate store there was no line at all at 8am. However, they did not receive any 6s Pluses at all. It all worked out though, because I had already preordered through Best Buy, and while I was inquiring I received the email my 6s Plus was ready for pickup. I was just trying to save a 25 mile trip by trying Verizon first. This year I just preordered from Verizon and have a date of 9/28 for the 256GB Jet Black. I'm cool with not actually getting it on release day.
    09-12-2016 05:42 PM
    I preordered Sunday and received an October 12th ship date. The Verizon guy said it was extremely likely that it would ship sooner. I just thought of I could pick it up at the store it would be easier. They won't let me preorder and pick up at the store. Since I work a lot I'll probably miss Fedex and would delay it further.
    Did you order jet black? I would highly doubt those being in stock on launch at a carrier store. When gold was released Verizon did not get any.
    09-12-2016 05:43 PM
    Really depends on the location. with last years release of the 6s/6s Plus. I went to my local Verizon corporate store there was no line at all at 8am. However, they did not receive any 6s Pluses at all. It all worked out though, because I had already preordered through Best Buy, and while I was inquiring I received the email my 6s Plus was ready for pickup. I was just trying to save a 25 mile trip by trying Verizon first. This year I just preordered from Verizon and have a date of 9/28 for the 256GB Jet Black. I'm cool with not actually getting it on release day.
    I wanted to preorder and pick up at the. Verizon store but they said they had to ship it. 👎 Hope nobody shows up 👍
    Rmorton0573 likes this.
    09-12-2016 05:44 PM
    Did this for iPhone 5. Arrived a bit before 6 am and was 4th in line. Coffee, stuff to read, extra blanket. Sleepy folks in line. Quiet, under-caffeinated, yet fun!. Line was much longer closer to opening only the first 8 or 10 people got phones. Can work well - yet you may need to commit - arrive early enough to make it worthwhile. Hour before opening time may be worst of both worlds!
    09-12-2016 06:23 PM
    Did this for iPhone 5. Arrived a bit before 6 am and was 4th in line. Coffee, stuff to read, extra blanket. Sleepy folks in line. Quiet, under-caffeinated, yet fun!. Line was much longer closer to opening only the first 8 or 10 people got phones. Can work well - yet you may need to commit - arrive early enough to make it worthwhile. Hour before opening time may be worst of both worlds!
    That's crazy they only had 8-10 phones in stock...
    09-12-2016 07:32 PM
    Did you order jet black? I would highly doubt those being in stock on launch at a carrier store. When gold was released Verizon did not get any.
    No just black. Frankly don't care what color. Will be covered with a case.
    09-12-2016 07:40 PM