Naked 7 plus

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you put a tempered glass screen protector for over the front screen skin?

That's meant only for packing. It's hard to hear people through that plastic as well as the fact that your screen would get scratched because dust and grit gets between the plastic and the screen. The glass screen protector won't adhere properly over this either.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Are you thinking of putting a screen protector over the plastic that comes on the phone? It's not meant to stay on there -- peel it off and put your tempered glass on.

sorry i shouldve been clear lol, i meant can you put tempered glass over a front skin like skinomi sells. but then i thought about how the sides would lift it so it wouldnt stick over the middle of phone screen.

Nixs1

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I like the feel of a screen protector like zagg hd "film not glass" reduces fingerprints in my experience as well. I like using the slimmest case I can find a naked iPhone is just to damn slick to handle or onto

alengman

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. I'm the same way. Glass screen protectors are my nemesis. I have to get it on straight, bubble and dust free. I stock up on them, lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Definitely getting a case and a screen protector. I care about how my devices hold up. And this is almost a $900 piece of equipment. I'm absolutely protecting it.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Rolling naked for a while since this thing is IP67. I also went with apple care this time so I'm not quite as worried about breaking it. Also it's so large I think it's easier to hold on to.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
You know what's weird? My fellow trainee who works for Apple keeps his 7 Plus completely naked and he's had it for a good 3 weeks now, (matte black) it looks pristine even though he just keeps it in his pocket and takes it on hikes, uses it all the time.
Of course as an Apple software engineer he has access to replacement screens and replacement devices anytime he needs and I do not, which is why I will keep mine in a wallet case.

But everytime I see his phone I feel this mixture of awe and cringe: his phone is gorgeous.
Not a scratch, it is pristine.
... Pulled out of a dusty pocket, where it's been jingled with keys.
Shoved into a beat up, grungy looking pack.
Used by hands that were digging in the dirt and are still wet and yucky looking.

IT'S. FLIPPIN'. GAWGUS.

And I know that if *I* were to try that for 10 minutes my phone would end up looking like R2D2 after a furious orgy with a bunch of WW2 radios.

So my 7 Plus will be dressed like a freaking d?butante visiting a male prison.

yungmel9

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I've seen Apple came out with the iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case! It gives you even longer battery life while offering greater protection. Inside, a soft microfiber lining that helps protect your iPhone. And on the outside, the silky, soft-touch finish of the silicone exterior feels great in your hand. A soft elastomer hinge design makes it easy to put the case on and take it off!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
idk. case on these premium phones seems almost essential. The lack of "grippiness" on the 6 also makes the case for a case..

Really?

I've used my 6 Plus and 6S Plus without cases the majority of the time and never had a problem keeping a grip on it.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You know what's weird? My fellow trainee who works for Apple keeps his 7 Plus completely naked and he's had it for a good 3 weeks now, (matte black) it looks pristine even though he just keeps it in his pocket and takes it on hikes, uses it all the time.
Of course as an Apple software engineer he has access to replacement screens and replacement devices anytime he needs and I do not, which is why I will keep mine in a wallet case.

But everytime I see his phone I feel this mixture of awe and cringe: his phone is gorgeous.
Not a scratch, it is pristine.
... Pulled out of a dusty pocket, where it's been jingled with keys.
Shoved into a beat up, grungy looking pack.
Used by hands that were digging in the dirt and are still wet and yucky looking.

IT'S. FLIPPIN'. GAWGUS.

And I know that if *I* were to try that for 10 minutes my phone would end up looking like R2D2 after a furious orgy with a bunch of WW2 radios.

So my 7 Plus will be dressed like a freaking d?butante visiting a male prison.

I dig your sense of hilerious homour

Last edited:

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Picked my matte black up today in store via the iPhone Upgrade Program. Rocking it completely naked since I'll be trading it in next year anyway!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice