Once my case is on, it stays on.. except every 2-3 months I will take it off to blow out any dust and clean the phone and back in the case. Just not a in-out of case person.
    Ditto. My process exactly. I know I'll be covering my phone with a black leather Apple case, so matte black or jet black...it doesn't matter at all. I can count on one hand how many times I've dropped my phone...but I know if I don't put a case on it, I'll drop it every day.

Murphy's Law and all that...
    09-13-2016 11:46 AM
    I agree with the above i mean this is why I did the apple upgrade program because I don't care I am just going to turn it in next year for the anniverssary iphone 8 or what ever it will be called. Maybe Iphone Edition Series 1. All I have to do is not worry about it getting stolen and that has never happend to me I don't leave my stuff laying around or let others walk off to use it..
    OCD people like myself, just cannot understand that logic. Sorry.. does not work for me. But the great thing is.. it's your phone, do whatever makes you happy, and I can do the same. Wonderful world, we have choices!
    09-13-2016 12:16 PM
    OCD people like myself, just cannot understand that logic. Sorry.. does not work for me. But the great thing is.. it's your phone, do whatever makes you happy, and I can do the same. Wonderful world, we have choices!
    Don't get me wrong I care about what it looks like but I never use cases outside of when I travel. I have never scratched or busted my phone. Now with me doing the upgrade program it just isn't a major worry seeing that more than likely I will be upgrading to the new one next year. This is why I went with the jet black.
    09-13-2016 12:45 PM
    I have personally dropped my phone taking it out of the box. The apple leather case is actually pretty resilient to drops. Saved my *** many times.
    09-13-2016 01:17 PM
    Don't get me wrong I care about what it looks like but I never use cases outside of when I travel. I have never scratched or busted my phone. Now with me doing the upgrade program it just isn't a major worry seeing that more than likely I will be upgrading to the new one next year. This is why I went with the jet black.
    Not sure you understand OCD... LOL, if my case had a tiny scratch the size of a eyelash that could only been seen if you're really looking for it.. I would be quite upset. Even if it was on the back, under the case, I would know it's there. When I have traded phones back into the companies in the past, the ask if I even used it.
    09-13-2016 03:21 PM
    Not sure you understand OCD... LOL, if my case had a tiny scratch the size of a eyelash that could only been seen if you're really looking for it.. I would be quite upset. Even if it was on the back, under the case, I would know it's there. When I have traded phones back into the companies in the past, the ask if I even used it.
    Lol got it.....
    09-13-2016 03:38 PM
    I feel your pain.. The clear cases that show off the phone are awesome till some dust gets in there and you just know it is there.. I personally only make sure I have a case on my phone when I am at a sporting event. I tend to stick my phone under a leg on the seat so I can grab it easily. Of course I always forget it when someone decides it is time to go get food or beet and I stand up and the phone drops.. Having done this a few times I make sure I have a case on my phone each time I am at a game.
    Craig likes this.
    09-13-2016 04:50 PM
    But have you ever had a phone that the manufacturer has put out an official statement ahead of launch, saying it will indeed scratch?

My fear is that a lot of people aren't aware of this....and there will inevitably be some shocked Jet Black owners.

I wish you guys well! You're brave
    alc1575 and TheRewardisCheese like this.
    09-13-2016 07:02 PM
    I was just reading some more reviews and several are saying the same thing after just a couple of days with Jet Black models.

This from Daring Fireball...

"After just five days more than half of which Ive spent using the matte black iPhone 7 Plus this jet black iPhone 7 has a few micro abrasions, to use Apples own term. I can only see them when Im looking for them, and only when I reflect light off the surface at the perfect angle, but theyre there. This is after two days of careful use, and never putting it in a pocket that contains anything else. The back surface of this phone shows more wear after (effectively) two days of use than my space gray 6S does after nearly a year."

Jet Black peeps.... I beg you.... use a case...and or skin.
    09-13-2016 08:49 PM
    Just watch: within days, Jet Black device owners will be trying to exchange their phones for the matte black, lol.
    RECON1 and John Yester like this.
    09-13-2016 09:14 PM
    Zaggshield Shield front and back will be going on our phones right away. That is as close to a naked iPhone as I will ever get lol.
    nokia4life likes this.
    09-13-2016 09:47 PM
    I was just reading some more reviews and several are saying the same thing after just a couple of days with Jet Black models.

This from Daring Fireball...

"After just five days more than half of which Ive spent using the matte black iPhone 7 Plus this jet black iPhone 7 has a few micro abrasions, to use Apples own term. I can only see them when Im looking for them, and only when I reflect light off the surface at the perfect angle, but theyre there. This is after two days of careful use, and never putting it in a pocket that contains anything else. The back surface of this phone shows more wear after (effectively) two days of use than my space gray 6S does after nearly a year."

Jet Black peeps.... I beg you.... use a case...and or skin.
    It's only a phone.

Meh.
    09-13-2016 10:56 PM
    I am currently looking at some skins for it from dbrand
    09-14-2016 03:29 AM
    Naked?
    Hell no. To afraid to not protect the phone.
    09-14-2016 07:34 AM
    ....a phone that costs about 1k
    09-14-2016 07:50 AM
    I pretty much go caseless. If I drop the phone, I drop the phone. I don't really care.
    Naked 7 plus-ifhedies.jpg
    09-14-2016 03:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ifhedies.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	111525
    ha! that's pretty much it.
    09-14-2016 07:03 PM
    I am debating on going caseless. With the apple upgrade program you get apple care.
    09-14-2016 07:13 PM
    I am debating on going caseless. With the apple upgrade program you get apple care.
    But NOT apple care +
    09-14-2016 08:36 PM
    But NOT apple care +
    There is no such thing as AppleCare, only AppleCare+. So iPhone Upgrade Program DOES come with AppleCare+.
    09-14-2016 08:39 PM
    You pay for it but yes it comes with it.
    09-14-2016 08:42 PM
    There is no such thing as AppleCare, only AppleCare+. So iPhone Upgrade Program DOES come with AppleCare+.
    Apologize, got it from the Apple Site. I thought there was both.. Apple Care comes with every phone, and when you want to extend to 2-years with the added features it's called Apple Care +

Maybe it's different now..

https://www.apple.com/support/products/
    Most Apple hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. To extend your coverage further, purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+.
    09-14-2016 08:58 PM
    Apologize, got it from the Apple Site. I thought there was both.. Apple Care comes with every phone, and when you want to extend to 2-years with the added features it's called Apple Care +

Most Apple hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. To extend your coverage further, purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+.
    No problem. I should have specified that there's no such thing as AppleCare for iPhone, only AppleCare+.

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program
    09-14-2016 09:02 PM
    But NOT apple care +

I think they call their usual 1 year warranty (with 90 days phone support) "Apple Care". When you want the drop protection, which comes with the upgrade program, that extends to 2 years and adds the "+" to denote the extra coverage.
    09-15-2016 04:52 AM
    I never go naked. I just put a clear case on it.
    jovan_cj likes this.
    09-15-2016 06:02 AM
102 12345