Naked 7 plus

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I just read somewhere September for the Glass + and October for the Sapphire Defense. Really looking forward to trying that one out.

I got a cheap tempered glass for now from Amazon about $4 and will use that until the Zagg Sapphire Defense is ready. $50 is steep, but you only need to buy it once.

Correct, Zagg Sapphire will be sometime in October. At least I hope so.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably pick up an Apple silicone case so the times I feel like I need extra protection but I've grown quite fond of going commando.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll use a thin case, most likely the Apple silicone. I'm also planning to go from the 6s to 7 Plus so I'm sure I'll need a bit of extra help getting used to the larger phone.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I totally understand those that go caseless. But, in the past, smartphones have been so slippery (most annoying really), it will be interesting to see if the iPhone 7 Plus is any different...

Oddly enough, I was caseless for ALL my BlackBerry devices!

byrnen85

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I always go without a case. One of the reasons I like the iphone is because of it's design, and I don't really want to bulk it up. That being said I did break the back glass on my iphone 4s three times!! But it's only like $5-$10 to replace the back (lucky it wasn't the screen)

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
When I get my iPhone 7 Plus, I will NOT put a case or a screen protector on it.

I agree with the above i mean this is why I did the apple upgrade program because I don't care I am just going to turn it in next year for the anniverssary iphone 8 or what ever it will be called. Maybe Iphone Edition Series 1. All I have to do is not worry about it getting stolen and that has never happend to me I don't leave my stuff laying around or let others walk off to use it..

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Once my case is on, it stays on.. except every 2-3 months I will take it off to blow out any dust and clean the phone and back in the case. Just not a in-out of case person.

Ditto. My process exactly. I know I'll be covering my phone with a black leather Apple case, so matte black or jet black...it doesn't matter at all. I can count on one hand how many times I've dropped my phone...but I know if I don't put a case on it, I'll drop it every day.

Murphy's Law and all that...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above i mean this is why I did the apple upgrade program because I don't care I am just going to turn it in next year for the anniverssary iphone 8 or what ever it will be called. Maybe Iphone Edition Series 1. All I have to do is not worry about it getting stolen and that has never happend to me I don't leave my stuff laying around or let others walk off to use it..

OCD people like myself, just cannot understand that logic. Sorry.. does not work for me. But the great thing is.. it's your phone, do whatever makes you happy, and I can do the same. Wonderful world, we have choices!

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
OCD people like myself, just cannot understand that logic. Sorry.. does not work for me. But the great thing is.. it's your phone, do whatever makes you happy, and I can do the same. Wonderful world, we have choices!
Don't get me wrong I care about what it looks like but I never use cases outside of when I travel. I have never scratched or busted my phone. Now with me doing the upgrade program it just isn't a major worry seeing that more than likely I will be upgrading to the new one next year. This is why I went with the jet black.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I have personally dropped my phone taking it out of the box. The apple leather case is actually pretty resilient to drops. Saved my *** many times.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I care about what it looks like but I never use cases outside of when I travel. I have never scratched or busted my phone. Now with me doing the upgrade program it just isn't a major worry seeing that more than likely I will be upgrading to the new one next year. This is why I went with the jet black.

Not sure you understand OCD... LOL, if my case had a tiny scratch the size of a eyelash that could only been seen if you're really looking for it.. I would be quite upset. Even if it was on the back, under the case, I would know it's there. When I have traded phones back into the companies in the past, the ask if I even used it.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure you understand OCD... LOL, if my case had a tiny scratch the size of a eyelash that could only been seen if you're really looking for it.. I would be quite upset. Even if it was on the back, under the case, I would know it's there. When I have traded phones back into the companies in the past, the ask if I even used it.
Lol got it.....

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I feel your pain.. The clear cases that show off the phone are awesome till some dust gets in there and you just know it is there.. I personally only make sure I have a case on my phone when I am at a sporting event. I tend to stick my phone under a leg on the seat so I can grab it easily. Of course I always forget it when someone decides it is time to go get food or beet and I stand up and the phone drops.. Having done this a few times I make sure I have a case on my phone each time I am at a game.

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site

But have you ever had a phone that the manufacturer has put out an official statement ahead of launch, saying it will indeed scratch?

My fear is that a lot of people aren't aware of this....and there will inevitably be some shocked Jet Black owners.

I wish you guys well! You're brave :)

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I was just reading some more reviews and several are saying the same thing after just a couple of days with Jet Black models.

This from Daring Fireball...

"After just five days ? more than half of which I?ve spent using the matte black iPhone 7 Plus ? this jet black iPhone 7 has a few ?micro abrasions?, to use Apple?s own term. I can only see them when I?m looking for them, and only when I reflect light off the surface at the perfect angle, but they?re there. This is after two days of careful use, and never putting it in a pocket that contains anything else. The back surface of this phone shows more wear after (effectively) two days of use than my space gray 6S does after nearly a year."

Jet Black peeps.... I beg you.... use a case...and or skin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice